Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• I'm sure that's true. Perhaps Halsey would be prepared to give the name of the person who instructed him.
  • I'm sure that's true. Perhaps Halsey would be prepared to give the name of the person who instructed him.

Maybe he will be forced to now!
  • As in for instance why a referee sees a player elbow another player in the face and doesn't take any action let alone send him off type questions ? Or why professional football doesn't have TV replays in matches for controversial incidents type questions ?
  • Opens up so many questions...

The phantom handball by Traore in the game against Fulham.

The Spurs "goal" against Man U at Old Trafford, where the officials were the only ones who didn't see the ball cross the line by a yard...
  • If he's not prepared to back that up, the refs' organisation could sue him for libel.
  • Such as why didn't he say anything at the time? Pathetic attention seeking C celebrity craving limelight now he has retired.
  • If he's not prepared to back that up, the refs' organisation could sue him for libel.

Doesn't that type of action have to be an individual not organisation

• Jesus this really is worrying... Makes the whole game farcical!!
  • Christ he has put himself in a difficult position, if true a whole lot of shits gonna hit the fan.
    If untrue a whole lot of shits gonna hit him.
  • Sponsored links:

• When you look at the refs position in City v West Ham game, the Aguero and Reid clash it's impossible to believe that he didn't see Aguero throw the elbow.
    For whatever reason, possibly because the elbow didn't connect he decided to play on.
    After reviewing it on tv he realises he has made a mistake, then decides he didn't didn't see anything! He is either completely incompetent or he is lying.
    If he he has been instructed to lie then it is scandalous.
  • Premiership is a corrupt farce shock horror .

Not a chance they would sue, imagine clattendontseefuckall having to give evidence
  • We all know its Arsene Wenger orchestrating it!!
  • We all know its Arsene Wenger orchestrating it!!

He probably will say he hasn't seen Halseys comments
  • edited September 2016
    Professional referees, dependent on their £100,000 a year income. I'm not in the slightest bit surprised they turn into slopey-shouldered, arse-covering cowards. The Premier League corrupts everything it touches.
  • But, he claims he was told by the PGMOL. And they're responsible for ALL referees, including the EFL. So it goes deeper than that.

Just as an example, at the game on Tuesday, the officials missed a clear piece of shirt pulling by a Southampton player on Hanlon at the end of the first half.

Or did they?
  • I misunderstood the meaning of bombshell in the thread title

*leaves disappointed*
  • edited September 2016
    A little bit of an over reaction here. In the context he's clearly talking about retrospective action rather than 'in-play'.

Surely, asking the referee to amend their match report to ensure that correct retrospective action is a good thing?

The problem is the rule not allowing retrospective action if it's seen. The pace of football allows for human error. It's hardly the ref or governing bodies fault if they're forced to make decisions with one hand tied behind their back.
  • Halsey himself is not exactly sqeaky clean whiter than white. He was pretty corrupt in his time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Halsey himself is not exactly sqeaky clean whiter than white. He was pretty corrupt in his time.

Allegedly

• A little bit of an over reaction here. In the context he's clearly talking about retrospective action rather than 'in-play'.

Surely, asking the referee to amend their match report to ensure that correct retrospective action is a good thing?

The problem is the rule not allowing retrospective action if it's seen. The pace of football allows for human error. It's hardly the ref or governing bodies fault if they're forced to make decisions with one hand tied behind their back.

So, in the Aguero case, the referee in his report says "Yes, I saw the incident but was too scared/stupid/much of a to55er to do anything about it to take the correct action." And the PGMOL says, "No problem. Just say you didn't see it, and we'll deal with it retrospectively." And that's OK?

At the time, the score was 2-1 to City. If Aguero had been sent off, West Ham may well have got back into the game against 10 men. AND West Ham had one of their best defenders unable to continue the game.

I really can't see anything positive in this. At the best PGMOL has been covering official's incompetence for years...
  • A little bit of an over reaction here. In the context he's clearly talking about retrospective action rather than 'in-play'.

So, in the Aguero case, the referee in his report says "Yes, I saw the incident but was too scared/stupid/much of a to55er to do anything about it to take the correct action." And the PGMOL says, "No problem. Just say you didn't see it, and we'll deal with it retrospectively." And that's OK?

At the time, the score was 2-1 to City. If Aguero had been sent off, West Ham may well have got back into the game against 10 men. AND West Ham had one of their best defenders unable to continue the game.

I really can't see anything positive in this. At the best PGMOL has been covering official's incompetence for years...
    Of course not. The refs see things from different angles to the camera don't they.

So the ref saw the incident, but didn't think it was serious foul play & therefore took no action against Aguero.

When the ref sees it on camera, he can see he made a mistake, so to get the correct outcome, PGMOL would tell the ref to say he didn't see the incident first time.

It's obviously not right, but if that's all there is to it, then it's not a massive scandal like match fixing.

It's trying to get the right result, but in the wrong way.

Doesn't that type of action have to be an individual not organisation

McDonald's managed to sue for libel/slander (forget which) so unless the law's been changed since, then no, not just individuals. Also, the people in charge of the refs' organisation would be implicated so they could sue on their own behalf.
  • C Celeb is right. Think he is frustrated that he's not in Strictly. Isn't there something in the laws about bringing the game into disrepute? Can of worms...
  • edited September 2016
    Anyone listened to the magic sponge podcast with him on?
    He tells a story regarding his reffing the gills city play off final (7 mins overtime played or something) he was accused of taking money and drinking with city fans after the game which he had to strongly deny to keep his job as a prem ref. They asked if it was true on the podcast and obviously he'd retired, 'yh cause it was fucking true, damn right, we'd been drinking with them in the hotel after and they were throwing money at me, I picked some of it up'
    Banter, unless your a gills fan I suppose.
  • Anyone listened to the magic sponge podcast with him on?
    He tells a story regarding his reffing the gills city play off final (7 mins overtime played or something) he was accused of taking money and drinking with city fans after the game which he had to strongly deny to keep his job as a prem ref. They asked if it was true on the podcast and obviously he'd retired, 'yh cause it was fucking true, damn right, we'd been drinking with them in the hotel after and they were throwing money at me, I picked some of it up'
    Banter, unless your a gills fan I suppose.

That's unreal mate, him ans that other cnut who I constantly mention on ref threads always seemed to have shit decision making stick around them
  • stonemuse said:

Worrying

Yep. Really struggling to sleep tonight!!