Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match thread vs Southampton B-team (0-0 FT, CAFC win 5-4 on pens & earn two points)

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    Were there any Saints fans at the Valley tonight?
  • Options
    Suddenly we can just dream a little bit bigger. Lucky I took the day off work tomorrow.
  • Options

Interesting that Millwall and Gills both managed to get twice as many home fans in.

Think they both only charged £5.
  • Options
    What was the shushing about during the penalties?
  • Options

Interesting that Millwall and Gills both managed to get twice as many home fans in.

Think they both only charged £5.
    Seems a bit pricy for the level of competition. How much did we charge?
  • Options
    Woohoo, a win.
  • Options
    When's the dvd out?
  • Options
    For those doubters amongst you all, with Southampton U23's losing a penalty shoot out we have almost certainly helped prepare the youth coming through for the England first team in years to come. Job well done by the EFL.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So much cynicism. Disappointed in you all.
  • Options

well it's taken a while, but we finally have a cup run !

Not technically a cup run, we're still in the group stage!
  • Options
    I don't understand some of your comments about deliberately breaking the rules.

If you break the rules, and the EFL enforces them with fines, who wins? The EFL picks up the money, and makes a profit from this futile tournament. Why let them celebrate failure? If every team did it, the clowns in suits will be laughing all the way to the bank...

DON'T break the rules. Then, at the end, they can look at the failure, and wail and gnash their teeth at the failed experiment, and wonder what to do next.

The same thing with ticket price. Airman will have more knowledge of this than me, but how much does it cost to open The Valley for a night? Stewarding, ticket office, printing some sort of programme (and as they were giving them away, there would be some cost), electricity for the floodlights (which I'm sure can't be cheap). Charge less for the tickets, and the club makes less money. (Or, I imagine, and even bigger loss!)

So, the club suffers for an abomination that we voted against, because some clubs couldn't see beyond the end of their nose...

Interestingly, whereas Sky have always televised this tournament in its previous incarnations, are now only televising it from the semi - final stage. Presumably when they expect only Premiership U23 teams to be left. Making sure that those poor clubs who make so little money from the rest of the season, are the only ones to get any TV money...
  • Options

If you break the rules, and the EFL enforces them with fines, who wins? The EFL picks up the money, and makes a profit from this futile tournament. Why let them celebrate failure? If every team did it, the clowns in suits will be laughing all the way to the bank...

DON'T break the rules. Then, at the end, they can look at the failure, and wail and gnash their teeth at the failed experiment, and wonder what to do next.

The same thing with ticket price. Airman will have more knowledge of this than me, but how much does it cost to open The Valley for a night? Stewarding, ticket office, printing some sort of programme (and as they were giving them away, there would be some cost), electricity for the floodlights (which I'm sure can't be cheap). Charge less for the tickets, and the club makes less money. (Or, I imagine, and even bigger loss!)

So, the club suffers for an abomination that we voted against, because some clubs couldn't see beyond the end of their nose...

Interestingly, whereas Sky have always televised this tournament in its previous incarnations, are now only televising it from the semi - final stage. Presumably when they expect only Premiership U23 teams to be left. Making sure that those poor clubs who make so little money from the rest of the season, are the only ones to get any TV money...

"If you break the rules, and the EFL enforces them with fines, who wins?"

Well Chris Solly's knees for one.
  • Options
    Still buzzing after our win last night - things are really looking up.
    Can the competition get any more ridiculous?
  • Options

Yes it can... As once we're past the Group Stages we can end up with a 2nd Round tie against Carlisle (i.e. the old Format stayed regionalised up until the Final, whereas now it becomes a normal competition after the Group Stages)
  • Options

Yes it can... As once we're past the Group Stages we can end up with a 2nd Round tie against Carlisle (i.e. the old Format stayed regionalised up until the Final, whereas now it becomes a normal competition after the Group Stages)
    Perhaps we could get Scottish teams involved as well?
  • Options

Were there any Saints at the Valley tonight?

St Peter and St Paul who wondered ?

WTF is this all about.

• Options
    edited August 2016

Some people believe the way to garner change is to adhere to the rules, ask the decision makers nicely and behave like good little boys and girls. In the hope they might be nice and change their ways.

Others will see the way to garner change is to be a nuisance, break the rules and force change by risking your own interests.

People from either side rarely agree on these things, I just fall in the "demand change by standing up and standing out" way of thinking.