Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

photos only, no discussion

Comments

• Pedro45 said:
    On the platform with this legend...
    Billy fcuking Bonds.
    Never knew he had a middle name
  • Pedro45 said:
    Kenneth Noye?
  • edited December 2023
    Pedro45 said:
    For a moment there I thought Roland and Katrien were back.
  • Barnsley sunset at halftime yesterday, taken on my iPhone, no editing, so spectacular. I’m still trying to work out how the 10 dots are reflected in the clouds, obviously the stand floodlight in a mirror image, but how and why?

Could be starlink satellites?
  • Sponsored links:

• ...I’m still trying to work out how the 10 dots are reflected in the clouds, obviously the stand floodlight in a mirror image, but how and why?

Some sort of internal refraction within your camera lens.  My best guess would be that because phone lenses are tiny they necessarily have a much higher amount of curvature than traditional camera lenses, but it is just a guess.
  • Beatrix Potter as a youngster, wrote many a fine story 
  • edited December 2023
    The soundtrack of my youth, strange uncle Gary visiting every Christmas.

• Relax. He's set off now.

• Barnsley sunset at halftime yesterday, taken on my iPhone, no editing, so spectacular. I’m still trying to work out how the 10 dots are reflected in the clouds, obviously the stand floodlight in a mirror image, but how and why?

below the clouds, and in perfect (mirrored) formation with the floodlights?

below the clouds, and in perfect (mirrored) formation with the floodlights?
    Haha yeah good point - I'd missed the lights on the stands and seen the one on the left!
  • Sponsored links:

• Good ole Munty...
  • At least the sky was  worth remembering!

Magicked away the reflections using Google's magic eraser.

• Dazzler21 said:
    Barnsley sunset at halftime yesterday, taken on my iPhone, no editing, so spectacular. I’m still trying to work out how the 10 dots are reflected in the clouds, obviously the stand floodlight in a mirror image, but how and why?

Magicked away the reflections using Google's magic eraser.

It’s a cover up! The truth is out there…
  • I told you there were government spooks on this site watching us, and probably adding beans and blobs of white stuff, and removing veg from our christmas plates too.
  • Blackwall Tunnel 1895