Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goole v Bamber Bridge, 3rd September 2016

Who fancies going to this?

I would imagine a few people have not been given refunds on their train ticket, so a day out non-league will salvage something.

I can show you a few decent pubs in Doncaster after the game as well!

Comments

• Options
    good god
  • Options
    Doubt people will.

A few years back myself @InspectorSands and @Rothko had train tickets to go up to Stockport for our match and it was postponed so we went up anyway and went to see Man City play Bolton instead. We were told by most on here that they thought it was weird.
  • Options
    How odd.
  • Options

That is a good one Otto, but you are still not getting another lol.
  • Options
    that's seriously the best fixture in the entire area you could find?
  • Options

that's seriously the best fixture in the entire area you could find?

Pretty much, non-league anyway from a groundhop perspective.
  • Options
    Goole lost 4-0 away to Hyde united on saturday and are currently bottom of the EVO-STIK NPL Division One North.
  • Options
    Badger said:

Goole lost 4-0 away to Hyde united on saturday and are currently bottom of the EVO-STIK NPL Division One North.

Been used to watching poor football over the past few seasons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's only a couple of minutes walk from the Station. They do a nice pie with peas as well.
  • Options
    Badger said:

It's only a couple of minutes walk from the Station. They do a nice pie with peas as well.

Much of a place to visit? I have about two hours to kill.
  • Options
    Goole is not much of a place to visit, depends if you can split your train journey, if so, Snaith is an ancient market town but it's a bout 5-6 miles away, Good pub in Goole would be The Old Mill Brewery if it's still open
  • Options
    Badger said:

Goole is not much of a place to visit, depends if you can split your train journey, if so, Snaith is an ancient market town but it's a bout 5-6 miles away, Good pub in Goole would be The Old Mill Brewery if it's still open

I'll have a look, I'll go straight to Goole as have been to Doncaster many times and do not really like it. At least with Goole I have not been there before so there is curiosity value.

The ground has an athletics track around which is a shame but I daresay it adds character.
  • Options
    The Old Mill Brewery will be pleased to see you.
  • Options
    Bet the Home area will look like a Ghost town if not many people go...
  • Options

Who fancies going to this and buying me a few beers??

I would imagine a few people have not been given refunds on their train ticket, so a day out non-league will salvage something, and save me a few bob on buying my own beer.

I can show you a few decent pubs in Doncaster, where you can buy me a few beers and the same after the game as well!

Mods, Otto has rummaged through my posts and the above is not what I posted.
  • Options
    I shall run a match day thread on the game for ALL those that are interested.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Goole is like something out of the most depressing part of a very depressing Ken Loach film. Brig is local to me and more like a day out in Welling. Neither appeal except as an ever been to ........ it's a dump.
  • Options

Goole is like something out of the most depressing part of a very depressing Ken Loach film. Brig is local to me and more like a day out in Welling. Neither appeal except as an ever been to ........ it's a dump.

I don't suppose you fancy doing the game then?

I'll brace myself, I was at Chatham yesterday for a Kent League game, Chatham is a bit ropey.
  • Options
    Perversely yeah! But with such a northern division Mrs humour less than good presently, was delighted when I told her about the rearranged game.
  • Options

Perversely yeah! But with such a northern division Mrs humour less than good presently, was delighted when I told her about the rearranged game.

Inbox me amigo if you're a goer, I'd be in Goole for about 12.30
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Doubt people will.

A few years back myself @InspectorSands and @Rothko had train tickets to go up to Stockport for our match and it was postponed so we went up anyway and went to see Man City play Bolton instead. We were told by most on here that they thought it was weird.

Ha! Yes, was Rochdale rather than Stockport - match at Spotland was snowed off midweek. City won 1-0, was a decent match.

@ElfsborgAddick , I'm looking forward to the liveblog of your big Goole day out.
  • Options

buckshee said:

Doubt people will.

Ha! Yes, was Rochdale rather than Stockport - match at Spotland was snowed off midweek. City won 1-0, was a decent match.

@ElfsborgAddick , I'm looking forward to the liveblog of your big Goole day out.
    Was you following my Hollands and Blair v Beckenham match thread entwined with 'yours' yesterday?
  • Options

I wouldn't watch Goole v Bamber Bridge if they were playing in my back garden. No offence.

Not many people would tbf.
  • Options
    Even North Ferriby United are away. Definitely thin pickings next Saturday.