Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boycott the Boycott

Comments

• Options
    Dave2l said:

I'm only directing this at fans that specifically don't want to go to the valley and attend games because they don't want to fill the owners pockets....otherwise, if it wasn't for that, they would be attending. Any other reason for not attending is absolutely none of my business and nothing I can possibly question.
    I feel cheeky saying the following in this post as....Im in Canada and I probably snuck out the country just at the right time in relation to football matters.

I had a rough week in my personal life. No need to explain. The fact that I've just stated I had a personal problem on ere is embarrassing enough. I've over came stuff and I'm absolutely over the moon. To the point where I actually go back to a quote from curbs "never get too happy or too down about anything". What he said was obviously about charltons results!

Roland isn't doing this for money. He's got enough. He doesn't even make good use of his money...on anything normal-ish people can relate to anyway.
    If Roland comes out and says "look at this Rolex and all this bling....I specifically used the money to get this from stupid Charlton fans wasting dosh on home games".
    "That 3rd of revenue for me equals sex drugs and rock n roll"

If any scenario like that does apply...as he's most likely invested in another shed for another batch of duck tape. He could publicly brag about that but then, rightly so, a white van will soon be parked outside his house.

What I've learnt recently is that you can't fight hate with hate or repression....or running away! It would be simpler if it was a boxing match, but it's not.

I think a ground full of "Roland Out" banners ...."we love our charlton more"

There are plenty of ways to make it clear that you still think the regime are the pathetic bunch they are.

It can be overcome.

Otherwise a bunch of morons...and the football hating moron king, Mr Roland Duchatelet, has influenced your behaviour. Don't let that be.

News flash. He doesn't give a flying monkeys whether Charlton win or lose or whether or not you turn up to the games.

He's a 70 year old tosspot that still knows nothing about football.

Don't let people that are beneath many things, like silly sausage Katrien Meire, wind you up to the point
    Where it stops you from doing the thing you wanted to do.

I know it's hard and this probably doesn't make sense and I fear if I was back in Engand, I would be a hypocrite because I really would maybe not fancy going.

Really no point in worrying whether or not some bloke from Belgium "is winning".

You can go to the game, have an amazing fry up beforehand then go to a decent pub....then take the piss
    Out of the regime during the match.

"I knew they'd come crawling back" is something Roland will never think or
    Never say, because he doesn't give a sh*t about the club in any format. He probably wants to strip the assets but for now, will make sure people are just still guessing, via hiring a British manager along with a few relevant signings.

The smokescreen of 2016.

The club needs to be off this blokes hands because it's all just so toxic. I've changed my mind as I'm writing this post.

But maybe think about it

If Roland isn't doing this for money and doesn't care about the boycott then why are the club desperately trying to flog tickets? Keep up the boycott.
  • Options
    If you don't mind I would like to boycott the boycott of the boycott.

I know they have written that this is the new new new era where they're righting their wrongs, but nothing has changed since the new new era in which they wrote those wrongs.

:smiley:
  • Options

The only person/people that are being hurt by the boycott are the boycotters.

Looking around the covered end last saturday afternoon and Tuesday night and it was full of people that are there for the social side of the game, the hope of seeing a good match and if they are lucky a win and if they are really lucky a good season. The signs are they are going to get all of these. Boycotting makes no sense because if the team does well then others will go to the valley (a la premiership years) buy the tickets and sit in those vacant seats.

But the team isn't going to do well, the ownership will see to that. It may do OK but what is on offer is third tier football, which we know from repeated experience does not attract additional supporters in any number and certainly won't replace those lost.

In reality, the people who boycotted Selhurst were vastly outnumbered by others who would have watched top flight football at The Valley but said no, not there, not in these circumstances - we can't be bothered.

That's what Meire and Duchatelet are achieving with their "unique offer" to watch the future stars of other clubs.

No need to argue about that - Meire was very clear that's what they want the club to be. It's only "unique" in the sense of being foolish as an objective and many absent fans are simply saying no, not now, not with you in charge - we can't bothered.

They can only fail.
    Selhurst was slightly different in that even if supporters supported the idea of ground sharing, the sheer effort required to get there would put some off. If Charlton had ground shared with a mythical "Woolwich United" then the attendances would have been higher

I'm sure L1 football is having an effect. If Riga had somehow managed to scrape us to safety last season, I suspect attendances would be higher, even though we had the same owner with the same "philosophy"
  • Options
    If I had a pound for every time i said this I would be able to buy the club from this prick already!

We know from someone VERY close to Roland that if he can't break even then the experiment will be abandoned.

The only way to achieve that is to stop spending at CAFC and get every Penny away from that man that we can.

No wealthy man will keep putting cash into a failing business.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

We know from someone VERY close to Roland that if he can't break even then the experiment will be abandoned.

Well, he's already down by a large sum and must know that he can't breakeven.
    However, he's still here and apparently refusing to talk to suitors.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    After hearing that Roland Duchatelet could/did make nearly 10 million Euros on the sale of Michy Batshuayl to Chelsea. This seems the only remit Douchebag has.

Unless your an ostrich or have been on Mars, it's crystal clear what the master plan is: To have a Factory farm at Charlton where he can make the odd million on young players is his only Raison d'etre. He is hoping for one Joe Gomez a season ?
    I guess Lookman and Konsa are the ones he will look to make a few million on in the coming season/s.

will still lose money as he didn't expect 5 thousand season tickets to go Awol from 2 years ago.
  • Options

After hearing that Roland Duchatelet could/did make nearly 10 million Euros on the sale of Michy Batshuayl to Chelsea. This seems the only remit Douchebag has.

Unless your an ostrich or have been on Mars, it's crystal clear what the master plan is: To have a Factory farm at Charlton where he can make the odd million on young players is his only Raison d'etre. He is hoping for one Joe Gomez a season ?
    I guess Lookman and Konsa are the ones he will look to make a few million on in the coming season/s.

will still lose money as he didn't expect 5 thousand season tickets to go Awol from 2 years ago.

He'd lose money even if everyone had renewed. The level of squad expenditure needed to be competitive in English football now is frightening
  • Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Well, he's already down by a large sum and must that know he can't breakeven.
    Is he refusing? Sounds like he quite open for the right bidder from how I've interpreted VOTV.
  • Options

He'd lose money even if everyone had renewed. The level of squad expenditure needed to be competitive in English football now is frightening
    The wage bill of the players in League 1 has really gone down since the likes of JBG 14k a week is off the wage bill.
    Plus Bauer will be sold once he proves his fitness as his wages must be high and the same for Kashi if he ever gets fit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016
    For Roland Duchatelet this is a chess match for his legacy as a visionary. His wealth has bought him a seat at the table and a chance to prove his superiority.

But the pawns are supposed to be used, as fodder, sacrificed as needed. They aren't supposed to resist the 'master's' strategy, and certainly they're not expected to fight back!
  • Options
    Can I request some shorter posts? Gonna need to take a couple of these to bed and read em over a few nights ffs

; )
  • Options
    You should see the length of some of the posts on the Brexit thread, it's like reading war and peace
  • Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Is he refusing? Sounds like he quite open for the right bidder from how I've interpreted VOTV.
    Tell me more.
  • Options
    Reasons not to boycott:

1) enjoy going to home games
    2) can protest if there, cannot if not
    3) son (6) likely to lose interest in Charlton and support someone else (West Ham if my ex has her way) if we don't go regularly to the Valley this year

Of these it's the last one that means I will attend a reasonable number of home games this season.
  • Options
    Re 3..teach him right from wrong? (And no I don't have kids ;)
  • Options
    Two wins on the bounce and a work-free Saturday makes it very hard to stay away from the Valley next weekend. But it's gotta be done.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

If I had a pound for every time i said this I would be able to buy the club from this prick already!

The only way to achieve that is to stop spending at CAFC and get every Penny away from that man that we can.

Someone close to Roland? I smell bullshit your a liar
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016
    I think that keeping up the pressure is essential, just wish I could be there. The "Liar" angle for her, (with Pinocchio noses maybe) she's obviously still doing it, just look at the exaggerated home attendance figures, and taking the piss out of him for being a cheap prick, (maybe at the next protest everyone could wrap some duct tape around one of their shoes) embarrass them personally at every opportunity, it's what was most effective last season.
    And winning a couple of games doesn't change the poison that's in our club.
  • Options
    In a word, No.
  • Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Perhaps you should wait and see as contacts have been made in Belgium.

Believe it or not our glorious leader is not a liked man and there are plenty of influential people who wish nothing but failure on him - particularly with his football 'experiment'.

• Options

Re 3..teach him right from wrong? (And no I don't have kids ;)

I think he's pretty much there, may need another season to cement the point.
  • Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Tell me more.
    Sounds like Duchatelet is more willing than Meire to sell the club the more his experiment fails. Meire, for obvious reasons, appears to be blocking talks. Not just Varney's group either.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Perhaps you should wait and see as contacts have been made in Belgium.

Believe it or not our glorious leader is not a liked man and there are plenty of influential people who wish nothing but failure on him - particularly with his football 'experiment'.

Can anyone gain access to Rolands bunker (apart from km of course)
  • Options
    I hate to even hypothesise about such things but you don't suppose Roland has left our beloved club in his will to Katrien, do you?
  • Options
    edited August 2016

I hate to even hypothesise about such things but you don't suppose Roland has left our beloved club in his will to Katrien, do you?

From what people have said about him, and from Belgian articles that have been kindly translated - Roland sounds very much into 'family' and loyalty...
    So unless Katrien is illegitimate (wouldn't surprise me!) then I'd doubt it.

Roland's son seems interested in football and the like so I'd imagine he'd be keen to own/takeover should it get that far!
    I just keep telling myself that, Roland and his gang will be gone in 5 years.hmmmm