Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Games for long car journeys

2»

Comments

• Options
    Buy an ipad/other tablet. Install lots of games/videos/music. Job done
  • Options
    Hate long journeys with the mrs, went to Bournemouth last weekend moaned all the way.Didnt stop until I took her off the roof rack.
  • Options
    At the risk of sounding like an old git, kids don't realise how lucky they are now on long journeys. They should try doing Sidcup to Somerset in a 1974 Hillman Avenger with sticky vinyl seats, no air con and the only entertainment is a radio that your dad listens to all his crap on. This was before the M25 and used to take bloody ages.

When we go anywhere now, she can have the pick of DVD's to watch, CD's to listen to and a nice comfortable place to enjoy them in.
  • Options

At the risk of sounding like an old git, kids don't realise how lucky they are now on long journeys. They should try doing Sidcup to Somerset in a 1974 Hillman Avenger with sticky vinyl seats, no air con and the only entertainment is a radio that your dad listens to all his crap on. This was before the M25 and used to take bloody ages.

When we go anywhere now, she can have the pick of DVD's to watch, CD's to listen to and a nice comfortable place to enjoy them in.

And even the journey to Dymchurch was a mission in a 1960 Austin Cambridge, with wallowy suspension that meant my sister was sick every 15 minutes.
  • Options
    My wife and son fall asleep within 5mins of being in the car, sometimes I wish they would stay awake to play a game - it can be very lonely.
  • Options

My wife and son fall asleep within 5mins of being in the car, sometimes I wish they would stay awake to play a game - it can be very lonely.

See how strong the bass on your stereo system goes game?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

See how strong the bass on your stereo system goes game?
    Ha ha ha they would still sleep through that
  • Options
    Try to come up with list of ten good things Duchatelet and Meire have done for the club - before you know it five hours will have passed and you'll be in Edinburgh.
  • Options
    Plymouth away
  • Options

Is your wife the driver ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Petrol companies. You all choose an oil company, BP, Shell etc or two if you arent that many and everytime you see that companies petrol station or tanker you get a point.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

And even the journey to Dymchurch was a mission in a 1960 Austin Cambridge, with wallowy suspension that meant my sister was sick every 15 minutes.
    Are you sure she wasn't sick because she had to sit through an entire journey of you flicking (I use that term loosely) through a copy of Razzal?
  • Options

No and I wouldn't trust her, I've seen how many bike crashes she has had :smile:
  • Options

No and I wouldn't trust her, I've seen how many bike crashes she has had :smile:
    Is that on the stationary bike down the Gym as well? ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I remember playing a game once. About 8 of us went to Tranmere v Charlton on the train from Gloucester. After the game we asked what platform the next train to Gloucester was so we all got on the train settled down for the journey home. Until we realised we was on the wrong train and we were going to Derby. So we all get off conduct a story that the guard had put on the wrong train. Fair play to British Rail they offered to put us all up in a hotel for the night as there were no trains back home. Until they looked at our tickets which were all kids tickets. (OPS ) . So they said because we had kids tickets we could not stay but they pay for 2 taxis home for us from Derby. Me my mate are 2 girlfriends in one taxi all the rest in the other. So the journey home was going to be long me and my mate decided to play a game and a £5 bet. See who could get the furthest with there girlfriend. I thought I was on to a winner as the bird I was with was quite adventuresous How wrong I was she overheard the conversation between me and mate and shut up shop . Well my mate was having a rummage down below looking back at me smiling. I had to listen to him and her all the way home. Yes he won the fiver . Which I presented to him on his wedding day as I was his best man . Football away days are the best. Ps can the grammar police please alter to suit . Thanks
  • Options
    You can have some good games in a journey in this long car.

• Options

Press the horn and scream loudly, that should keep you entertained
  • Options
    Aberdeen away is a good game for a long car journey
  • Options

This and Sky Go.

Just driven back from South of France with 4 year old son and he didn't moan once
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

This and Sky Go.

Just driven back from South of France with 4 year old son and he didn't moan once
    He did. It's just that you couldn't hear him from the Thule Load and Go* system.

*Other roof boxes are available.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    jamescafc said:

This and Sky Go.

Yeh great app. Love the fact it allows content to be downloaddd online and watched offline.

Also the bbc iplayer/4od apps are pretty decent too (same thing applies).
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

This and Sky Go.

Bet he did coming back from Cheltenham.
  • Options
    Sweet & Sour

Kids have a bag of marbles with them and when driving on smaller roads you toot the horn at the person walking along the pavement and you all wave, if the person waves back they were sweet, if they don't wave back the kids can give them a volley of abuse from the back seats, on major roads and motorways you race up behind the car in front flashing your lights and honking your hooter, if they move over, sweet! If not the kids get to throw the marbles at their windscreen! Probably best to play this on your way home from your hols because sometimes you might just get involved in a full on police chase with helicopters and the spiky things they throw across the road and fifteen meat wagons with swat teams and occasionally TV news camera crews both in the air and on the ground!

Kids love it!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I usually have a good game of 'Spot the F***wit'!

It involves compiling a list of cars where the driver either:

- Consistently fails to use indicators at junctions (give us a clue ffs!);
    - Hogs the middle lane on the motorway for no apparent reason;
    - Fails to understand how to use a roundabout properly and consistently cuts you up when crossing it;
    - Behaves like an arrogant c**k because they are driving either an Audi or BMW;
    - And just generally clueless when it comes to driving in a safe and respectful manner.

The game sadly doesn't last too long though because you very quickly run out of paper!!

(Edit: Especially prevalent here in Norfolk. Probably the worst drivers in the country).
  • Options
    I-spy has always been my favorite. ;0)
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

I-spy has always been my favorite. ;0)

But by the time you've spotted it you have driven past it.
    That's cheating
  • Options
    When my children were around 7 & 9 we went to Edinburgh by train. To help pass the 5 1/2 hours I produced a 'bingo' sheet - things to look out for. You know the usual stuff ... wind turbines, canal barge, stone bridge, cooling towers. Kept them (and us) occupied for quite a while.

Or order some Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans from Harry Potter World and let them experience the flavours ...