Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shane Duffy

3 own goals in 2 games for the Blackburn defender

Comments

• Did he holiday in the Far East this summer?
  • edited August 2016
    Now 2 yellows and a red card
  • Sign him up
  • Oh wow. What a nightmare.

Reminds me of the time Carlton Palmer was a player manager, I can't quite remember the details but it was something like scoring an own goal, giving another away then conceding a penalty. So he subbed himself before halftime.
  • Isn't he a member of Boyzone ?
  • Someone needs to check his wife's Billy Hill account ;)
  • turned down a new contract last week, scored own goal Saturday, 2 today and got sent off , should be banned for life
  • Blackburn's Twitter feed is hilarious atm
  • Sponsored links:

• Wasn't he sent of in the Euros as well?
  • Gotta feel for Blackburn they have a serious set of scum owners,

We need to drive them all away from English football

They are parasites

I thought exactly the same - thought it could be an RIP thread!
  • I think I am right in saying that Sweaty Balmer scored two own goals in his first couple of games for us, this led to Mike Flanagan slagging him off on the RTM radio show and then getting his P45 from Lennie.
  • I think I am right in saying that Sweaty Balmer scored two own goals in his first couple of games for us, this led to Mike Flanagan slagging him off on the RTM radio show and then getting his P45 from Lennie.

Absolutely right. I used to work for a company delivering staircases and one day I delivered one to none other than Stuart Balmer. I told him that I remember very well he scored two own goals in his first couple of games. His temples pulsed and he gave me the stare. I then continued by saying that it all came good as he won player of the year either that season or the next. All was good again but I didn't get a tip.
  • He is having a Woodgate.

Keith Duffy and Shane Lynch :wink:
  • Rossman92 said:

Blackburn's Twitter feed is hilarious atm

According to the Sky panel last night; Duffy deleted his Twitter account after the abuse he received following the first red card. The panel (helpfully) went on to suggest he should now consider his Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram accounts.
  • edited August 2016
    2nd yellow was for kicking the ball away. In the last minute, when they were losing 2-1. Seems a bit suspect, even more so when you look at his tidy finishes for both goals!

• 25May98 said:

I think I am right in saying that Sweaty Balmer scored two own goals in his first couple of games for us, this led to Mike Flanagan slagging him off on the RTM radio show and then getting his P45 from Lennie.

Absolutely right. I used to work for a company delivering staircases and one day I delivered one to none other than Stuart Balmer. I told him that I remember very well he scored two own goals in his first couple of games. His temples pulsed and he gave me the stare. I then continued by saying that it all came good as he won player of the year either that season or the next. All was good again but I didn't get a tip.
    Sweaty by name, Sweaty by nature.
  • Sponsored links:

• Roger Johnson's role model?
  • edited August 2016
    Great header for the 2nd by Duffy
  • 2nd yellow was for kicking the ball away. In the last minute, when they were losing 2-1. Seems a bit suspect, even more so when you look at his tidy finishes for both goals!

Wtf? Those were both easily avoided. Reactions of a Walrus having a kip.
  • Exactly. If that was in (for example), Bulgaria, Russia or Cyprus, there'd be all kinds of calls for an investigation.
  • Wasn't he sent of in the Euros as well?

Yeah was last man against Griezmann
  • edited August 2016
    Ah! two own goals...Remember Michael Proctor :)
    3 own goals that day 2 from Proctor...it still brings a smile to my face now :smiley:
  • Teach him a sense of direction and could be a good signing.
  • Genuinely, if you slow that clip right down, I can't see any way how he didn't intentionally do those two own goals.

First he goes with the wrong foot and literally you see him pull his leg back to pass the ball into the empty net.

Second, again when you slow it down, his body shape isn't set up to clear the ball, and his head goes in the movement of that of a striker attacking the ball, heading down into the corner.

His reactions aren't exactly a surprised one either. And then, to get sent off for kicking the ball away in stoppage time, when they're losing 2-1? No, that's far too suspicious to me...
  • He's joint top scorer in the Championship now, level with Grant Ward (who I could have sworn was an agent of HYDRA), Glenn Murray, Dwight Gayle and Tjaronn Chery
  • All that after rejecting a new contract too, and scored an own goal on Saturday just gone, someone's trying to force through a move elsewhere