Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thank you CARD and Trust

I know that there are an awful lot of people that feel like I do.
We have seen our club betrayed and humiliated and because of personal commitments most of us haven’t been able to do much about it but watch and listen.
You guys took up the challenge and fought for our club, our heritage and our future. No doubt at personal cost to you all.
That should never be forgotten and should be compared with Back to the Valley in its importance to our clubs future.
I believe that what we are now seeing is the first important steps in the recovery of our club. Russell Slade is organising strong, experienced players that look like they could become the nucleus of a successful team and is also taking the first steps in galvanising the club as a whole to create the concerted effort that we need to gain promotion.
This would never have happened if you hadn’t took up the fight and that should never be forgotten either.
You are the guardians of our club, its ethos and its heritage and if I ever have the opportunity to buy you a beer, I would feel privileged.

Comments

• Strange, I have had 453 people claiming that beer already . . .
  • I'll be in the Oak for 6.

I'll have a "Roland Out" t-shirt on.
  • edited August 2016
    Back To The Valley achieved their goal on December 5, 1992. With regards to CARD, whatever happens on the pitch the fight goes on until Duchatalet and his dreadful woman are gone.
  • Oh dear.
  • edited August 2016
    Sue said what! Ha ha ha ha;
  • mogodon said:

Not according to the SE7 Valiant Facebook page (as approved by the SMT). "Not everyone has fallen for CARD's lies and black propaganda! The protestors are a declining and discredited bunch and it's up to the rest of us to keep the Valley rocking on as Sat afternoon and to out-sing the sour and petulant minority."

Oh please, is that for real?
  • Off_it said:

mogodon said:

Not according to the SE7 Valiant Facebook page (as approved by the SMT). "Not everyone has fallen for CARD's lies and black propaganda! The protestors are a declining and discredited bunch and it's up to the rest of us to keep the Valley rocking on as Sat afternoon and to out-sing the sour and petulant minority."

Sounds about right for that group.
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:

mogodon said:

Sounds about right for that group.
    Fuck me. That's amazing.
  • Off_it said:

mogodon said:

It is. Just joined that group not realizing it was *that* group. I'm very much for the differing of opinions, but there's something very sterile and borderline creepy about the positivity/lack of dissent.
  • Once more I'd like to encourage everyone to join the Trust whatever you have felt about it in the past, I have a strong feeling we are going to need it big time in coming weeks. It's also vital we combat apathy and drift and maintain our Charlton core, and visibly so.
  • Off_it said:

mogodon said:

It is, yes. Clearly that Facebook page has some kind of club support as it is a home for those who see the likes of Sue Parkes as the real voice of the Valley. It's worth reading for the rather dellusional entertainment value if nothing else. Anyone reading that would think the protests are a small number of idiots causing trouble and making things unpleasant for the 98%