Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst Substitue Appearances on debut

2»

Comments

• Options
    Eggert Jonsson. What the hell was going on there? Think he scored for Fleetwood yesterday actually, so we all know what's about to happen when we play them
  • Options
    edited August 2016

To begin this isn't slating Jordan Botaka after yesterday's inauspicious start. Let's see how that works out but it is fair to say on that one showing he wasn't great and it made me think of other players who made their debuts off the bench in slightly underwhelmimg fashion.

From my time I remember:

Mark McCammon - went on to have a decent lower league career but looked awful for us

Tom Hovi - came on v Derby as we lost a 3 0 lead to lose 4 3 I think. Spooning an attempted clearance high in the air is all I remember

Mike Small - lived up to expectations of a charlton player at Millwall

Any others?

Think Hovi's debut was the game before Derby. 5-1 hammering at Bolton.

I was at that game,i think he came on when were 3-1 down on a pudding of a pitch.He was on a hiding to nothing....it pissed down,two of my mates got kicked out and as you say we got stuffed 5-1.
    That was at burden park wasn't it? One of my favourite old skool grounds. Used to love molineaux before it was upgraded.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Scott Sinclair. Looked like Bambi, on ice, in roller skates, wearing a blind fold.
  • Options
    Leon Clarke by a country mile. Never seen someone run so slow with the ball, even with a ton of space.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Mikel Alonso started that game. But will always be the worst player ever to wear the red shirt in my eyes.