Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Forum Negativity

13»

Comments

• Options
    It's called breaking point ...
  • Options
    Fuck positivity these cnuts have worn me down. I hate them with a passion and hate what we have become as a club. Like oohahh above charlton have dictated a lot of my life as they have always come first. Now when we lose I don't go be a fuck. Fuck you Katrien you vile bitch. Fuck you Roland you shit faced scum bag.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Fuck positivity these cnuts have worn me down. I hate them with a passion and hate what we have become as a club. Like oohahh above charlton have dictated a lot of my life as they have always come first. Now when we lose I don't go be a fuck. Fuck you Katrien you vile bitch. Fuck you Roland you shit faced scum bag.

Still, on a positive note, only a couple more weeks before you can go back to influencing our lovely Primary School children.

And if you put Charlton before family, as you state in your post, you really need to have a long look at yourself.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

This Forum, like any community on the internet or otherwise, is what we make it. Contribute in such a way that steers it in the direction you'd like to see. It's a diverse community and opinions won't always align; it can help to take a step back.

People are angry, not because of individual decisions, but because they've seen hundreds of poor decisions accumulate, such that we are where we are. I think it's impossible to "get behind the boys" when the decision makers who brought those particular boys here continue to make decisions that only erode our situation further.

These are the decision makers who made decisions to sell the "boys" that were once here, many of whom should still be here, who decided to hire Slade only after making a balls up of the entire hiring process, who have made a balls up of sponsorship sales, and ticket sales, who have dismissed competent staff to replace them with incompetents, when they've been replaced at all, who have rather comically hired staff who then resigned rather than suffer further humiliation in untenable positions, who have created innovative forms of cruel and unusual punishment to alienate lifelong supporters and have turned the match day experience into a veritable battleground. They are continuing and will continue to make the situation worse.

People are complaining about signings because when it looks like deficiencies are addressed, new ones are created. The same mistake of understaffing, so to speak, is being made yet again!

The Charlton Athletic that is worth supporting is on life support, in a coma. The Belgian "doctors" that put it there are now presiding over it's resuscitation. Someone's just dropped your baby on it's head, picked it up again and said "Stand back... it's okay. I've got this!" before tossing it in the air again. That is madness. The owner has to go so that the healing can begin.

We have to make the club unmanageable under this owner. We have to show support for the Charlton Athletic we want to be again, not the stand in. Focussing on anything else is a distraction. Personally, "Support the team, not the regime" has outlived it's usefulness: our support didn't stave off relegation. We've in a different place and need to recalibrate accordingly.

I support CARD and any supporters organising to hasten Roland's departure and I'd humbly suggest using Charlton Life to do the same. We'll try and set the perimeters for acceptable behaviour, as we've always done, but people need to be the change they want to see. I'm proud that it can be used to organise and effect the end of Roland's experiment.

LoOkOuT said:

This Forum, like any community on the internet or otherwise, is what we make it. Contribute in such a way that steers it in the direction you'd like to see. It's a diverse community and opinions won't always align; it can help to take a step back.

People are angry, not because of individual decisions, but because they've seen hundreds of poor decisions accumulate, such that we are where we are. I think it's impossible to "get behind the boys" when the decision makers who brought those particular boys here continue to make decisions that only erode our situation further.

These are the decision makers who made decisions to sell the "boys" that were once here, many of whom should still be here, who decided to hire Slade only after making a balls up of the entire hiring process, who have made a balls up of sponsorship sales, and ticket sales, who have dismissed competent staff to replace them with incompetents, when they've been replaced at all, who have rather comically hired staff who then resigned rather than suffer further humiliation in untenable positions, who have created innovative forms of cruel and unusual punishment to alienate lifelong supporters and have turned the match day experience into a veritable battleground. They are continuing and will continue to make the situation worse.

People are complaining about signings because when it looks like deficiencies are addressed, new ones are created. The same mistake of understaffing, so to speak, is being made yet again!

The Charlton Athletic that is worth supporting is on life support, in a coma. The Belgian "doctors" that put it there are now presiding over it's resuscitation. Someone's just dropped your baby on it's head, picked it up again and said "Stand back... it's okay. I've got this!" before tossing it in the air again. That is madness. The owner has to go so that the healing can begin.

We have to make the club unmanageable under this owner. We have to show support for the Charlton Athletic we want to be again, not the stand in. Focussing on anything else is a distraction. Personally, "Support the team, not the regime" has outlived it's usefulness: our support didn't stave off relegation. We've in a different place and need to recalibrate accordingly.

I support CARD and any supporters organising to hasten Roland's departure and I'd humbly suggest using Charlton Life to do the same. We'll try and set the perimeters for acceptable behaviour, as we've always done, but people need to be the change they want to see. I'm proud that it can be used to organise and effect the end of Roland's experiment.

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:

The rhetoric of support the team and not the regime has been a myth for several games, going back well into last season. If I take the Bury game as a recent example, as soon as we go a goal down,do we try and rouse the team to go on and get an equaliser, singing songs about individual players and Charlton in general? Do we shout out at the top of our voices, to show the players we care? Well you've probably guessed the answer.

After the Bury penalty was struck home, the only songs heard from the "Charlton faithful" were, we want Roland out and also the Meire song.

I have no problem with people protesting in any peaceful way, but please stop hiding behind behind the support the team, not the regime mantra. It is clearly not happening. Many posters on CL should adopt the slogan, slag off everything to do with Charlton, at least I would know where they stand.
  • Options
    Srry iPad problems.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nicholas said:

Still, on a positive note, only a couple more weeks before you can go back to influencing our lovely Primary School children.

And if you put Charlton before family, as you state in your post, you really need to have a long look at yourself.
    Don't be stupid of course it's not before family. They have been a massive part of my life, now more then ever I switch off and don't care anymore but when I come on here and read about the next fuck up they do it winds me up. There is nothing I would like more then to bring my boy to a game but I just can't do it with these lot in charge.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Nicholas said:

This comment really worries me...

No-one should feel this bad about anything.

Seriously? Forget Charlton. Don't look at their scores. Don't go onto any forum. Support another team. Just do something else. Something that makes you HAPPY...

Life's WAY to short to be that miserable about ANYTHING. Find something that lightens your life, not darkens it.

I was recently diagnosed as suffering from depression, and feeling like this about anything will only shorten your life.

Nobody needs that...
    I've got kids now they are my life now sod charlton. But it still annoys me that these lot can come in and ruin the club that has been a huge part of my life or something that is barely unrecognisable.

I'm Sorry that you suffer with depression and my post came across a bit ott. Hope you get better soon mate.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2016

LoOkOuT said:

The rhetoric of support the team and not the regime has been a myth for several games, going back well into last season. If I take the Bury game as a recent example, as soon as we go a goal down,do we try and rouse the team to go on and get an equaliser, singing songs about individual players and Charlton in general? Do we shout out at the top of our voices, to show the players we care? Well you've probably guessed the answer.

After the Bury penalty was struck home, the only songs heard from the "Charlton faithful" were, we want Roland out and also the Meire song.

I have no problem with people protesting in any peaceful way, but please stop hiding behind behind the support the team, not the regime mantra. It is clearly not happening. Many posters on CL should adopt the slogan, slag off everything to do with Charlton, at least I would know where they stand.
    The supporters on the terrace cannot turn a sows ear of a midfield into a silk purse. It is a tiresome old chestnut to suggest somehow it is the supporters fault for a poor performance on the pitch or a poor result.

The supporters are not responsible for club disorganisation, a half formed squad with lots of gaps and the team not up to scratch.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2016
    Supporting the team should not result in a shutting down of critical facilities or the reality of what is going on infront of your eyes.

Support is good. Charlton supporters do back the team especially when something good is happening on the pitch. Even if something even relatively minor happens on the pitch, the crowd will encourage.

It also requires the players to not behave like asses on the pitch, Johnson being a prime example, and the head coach being understanding of the frustration of supporters of a team not doing well.
  • Options
    Totally with this post. This site is now full of negative posts and fully of sarcasm. Is no longer a football fans forum.
  • Options

Too much negativity?
    No.
    No, no, no, I'm not having it.
    No.

• Options

Nicholas said:

In my OP I wasn't suggesting everything needs to be spun in a positive way. It's pretty damned obvious that the club is in the grip of a madman and I want him out. The regime do ridiculous things. The very latest the ticketing policy and surcharges that actually discourage attendance. You couldn't make it up.

What I am saying is that we have now reached the point where nearly 25% of posts (?) it seems to me are unjustifiabley negative.

We get a transfer rumour that about eg. Magennis and straight away the posts. start with "oh god" or "useless lump" when in fact nobody apart from a very few on here will have even heard of him. Another example is with the signing of Botaka. We get the comment "started career in Belgium - Tick box"

It's tiresome, wearing and frankly spoiling this unbelievably good forum.

I'll be there on Saturday making my protest but I will cheer on those players wearing the clubs shirt just as I always have.

If you can't do that then I feel sorry for you. I really do.

Roland out.

Why is everyone feeling sorry for me at the minute lol.

I agree with the majority of your post however the negative posts are purely because of the awful owners, they have turned everyone against each other and its only natrual after signing so many crap players past and present any new player that no one has heard of is going to get called crap before they have even started. I'm not saying its right but that's a lot of people's mind set at the minute and its not their fault, the whole club is one big negative and doesn't look like changing to a positive any time soon and if you can't see that then I feel sorry for you I really do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I hear you SHG (and others).

I'm away at the mo. I'm going to attempt to address a few things over the next month, please bear with us.

Yer bear with us please gents.

There'll be a few pumped over the next coupla months, YOU know who you are
    i feel sorry for ANYONE getting "pumped" by @i_b_b_o_r_g !!!
  • Options
    The current challenge is the level of expectation created by both the CEO and to a lesser degree by the Manager.

The assertion was made we would build a squad able to compete for a top six spot as a minimum.

Judged against such expectation we are, as admitted by Slade just 2 weeks ago, miles away from we need to be.

Pre season was a failure - it was wasted.

The opening to the season has been less than stellar with two "lack lustre" performances made worse by two unprofessional communication "faux pas".

I could argue there has been a 3rd today with the indication there will be no further major departures. It does not really stack up when you have Bauer, Pearce, Texeira, Johnson, Lennon with Konsa added to the mix.

On the face of it none of this is earth shattering but it is unprofessional and creates more uncertainty. Someone with 23yrs in the game should know better.

In terms of squad building since Slades' comments we have replaced one promising young keeper with another very good keeper.

In defense we have seen Konsa emerge, Pearce arrive, while Johnson has apparently been offerred a career reclamation opportunity.

The front six has looked alarmingly short in quality, balance and options.

Magennis and Botoka will provide senior competition and options. That is to be welcomed and most are not going to prejudge these additions until they have had a chance to settle and perform.

It is however the nature of the on line football supporter to climb all over any players profile. At the level we are now operating such profiles are never likely to be reveal unparalleled levels of success.

In competitive terms such additions are at least a month too late.

I will argue we are still two short in the front 6 - waiting for Diarra and Kashi is simply not acceptable.

So based on the assertions made we are still well behind where we need to be and are likely to remain so for a few weeks yet.

Catastrophic failure? Obviously not. Disappointing? Yes. Worthy of critical comment? Absolutely!

Underlying it all is the fundamental question of whether we are seeing a basic shift in the regimes thinking and in the level of empowerment of, and support for, the manager and the playing staff.

The coming weeks will give us a clearer picture. Much will depend on Slades ability to work with the talents now assembled and any further additions to deliver to the original assertions made.

This in itself will greatly depend on the quality & balance of the rebuilding programme already undertaken and the ability to forge a committed, competitive and successful squad going forward.

Like it or not, we now live in a world where public media will mean, especially in light of the past 31 months, every word and action will be scrutinised.

The negativity, as with the protests, as with the pessimism alluded to by Slade are not the cause of our challenges but a response to the evidence of our own ears and eyes.

The remedy for that rests in entirely another place.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Agreed. :astonished:

For me Charlton do not come first though. Family etc does, but this club means so much to me it has for almost 25 years.

What fucks me right off, is that this regime has killed my emotion for wins or losses...

Out of habit I still want us to win.

In my head if losing will get rid of these mugs, then fuck it. Lets lose some more.

I don't think RD will sell until we at least get promoted to the Championship or he is in financial difficulty... So we're fucked because they're tight fisted SHUNTS.

• Options
    This is getting absurd
  • Options
    There have been a lot of negative posts.

Here's another one:

But, surely the reasons for that are obvious?

If anyone is in any doubt as to why, just take a slice of the won/drawn/lost/goals for/goals against stats since the Belgians strode into town. Butter that with all a huge dollop of general club fuckwittery and garnish with 14 chips. Fold in two and you have a Charlton Club sandwich. The well-known cure-all for optimism, fun and laugther.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
  • Options

So when @AFKABartram comes home from holiday will we all get a letter inviting us to meet to discuss an Agreed Behavioural Contract (ABC), I wonder?

Using Katie's holiday home in Dubai I understand. "Mates rates" ;)
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Don't be stupid of course it's not before family. They have been a massive part of my life
    You wrote
    ''Like oohahh above charlton have dictated a lot of my life as they have always come first.''

And you tell me not to be stupid.

Wierd.

• Options

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Don't be stupid of course it's not before family. They have been a massive part of my life
    You wrote
    ''Like oohahh above charlton have dictated a lot of my life as they have always come first.''

And you tell me not to be stupid.

Wierd.

Not all, a lot. Give it rest now it's boring.