Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The advantage of very low expectations

As a Charlton fan it now seems nothing can disappoint you anymore. Expectations are so low now that we can take defeat in our stride and be prepared for anything. The phrase 'we should be beating teams like this' doesn't seem to apply anymore.

Comments

• You do wonder whether losing to Bury and Cheltenham has set off any alarm bells with our owner and CEO. You're right, @hoof_it_up_to_benty, in the past those sorts of defeats would have been very disappointing, to say the least. This time, I feel fairly numb about it, to be honest.
  • You do wonder whether losing to Bury and Cheltenham has set off any alarm bells with our owner and CEO. You're right, @hoof_it_up_to_benty, in the past those sorts of defeats would have been very disappointing, to say the least. This time, I feel fairly numb about it, to be honest.

I'm afraid that no alarm bells will have been set off ThaiMA - they clearly don't think that way.
    Sad to say Roland Duchatelet has spent 18 years leading a political party in Belgium which he still believes will one day be recognised as offering radical tax solutions for the Belgian people. As far as I understand he has about as much clout in Belgium as Nick Clegg in this country.
    It is our misfortune that he has chosen Charlton for his English football experiment and I very much doubt that he even knows the result of the Cheltenham game yet - it won't be high on his priorities.