Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Signs That The Heart Is Being Torn From This Club

2»

Comments

• Options
    Still planning my work trips to coincide with our away matches. But come the day, deciding that a night in an hotel alone is the better option.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

My son asked me 'when are we going to go football again?' I said 'maybe we should put in the odd appearance this season ' despite being on a season ticket ban. He said' I don't want to watch Charlton again. They're rubbish. Can't we go somewhere else.'How do I deal with that one ?

Take him somewhere worse so he appreciates how good it is at Charlton. Ahhh, I've just spotted a flaw in my plan.
  • Options
    When you no longer research the new signings or do little background check if you don't know them much.

When you no longer text your mate about a particular new signing.

When you go on CL hoping there is a thread where Katrien Meire has said or done something ridiculous, rather then a thread announcing a new signing.

When you believe winning football matches will distract people from a bigger picture.

The apathetic feeling. Duchatelet wants you to have that feeling. To feel ok after a loss and just feel better about it by going a restaraunt or cinema.

If and when we do win. It feels quite fake. That we probably didn't deserve it or that something is weird. Doesn't feel real or deserved.
  • Options
    When going house hunting instead of going to the first home game of the season is not even a dilemma.

When I don't care I don't have my season ticket any more.

It will all come back... once the Belgians go.
  • Options
    When you find other fans (whether here, other sites, Twitter, Facebook groups) being positive kind of annoying.

When you used to be optimistic every pre-season but find yourself thinking we still need more signings, we could still sell good players, what if the signings aren't very good, what if we pick up a lot of injuries again.

When you fear another relegation more than you expect a promotion. In the third tier.

When you always have in the back of your mind the owner has said he isn't bothered about results and the CEOs vision is to sell our best young players on to the Premier League.

When you used to be proud we were a well run club. Now you see success at similar sized clubs and think "why us?".

When you see a player like Konsa on the team sheet and rather than looking forward to seeing him play you think "well he's one that'll be sold next summer".

When you see a bench full of academy players and know it's a problem rather than a good thing.
  • Options
    Thing is it is that bad. Probably going tomorrow... don't know why. Never felt this down before. Crap Euros; if someone offered me a free ticket to the next England match I couldn't give a toss. Just about finished with 'top class' football. How much for Pogba? For God's sake, he's a fucking human being paid extortionate amount of dosh to kick a football around. Is he a heart surgeon saving lives? No! The whole world has gone crackers.