Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Valley Gold Guaranteed Jackpot Ticket prize of £1000 on Saturday

Just looked at the CAFC website (not something I do very often nowadays) and read this:

Valley Gold also have a guaranteed first prize of £1,000 and a second prize of £100 on their Jackpot Tickets, which are available from sellers located all around the ground. Priced at just £1 each, be sure to buy your tickets before Saturday’s match for a chance to win.

I (like many of us) stopped buying them last season and as a consequence the first prize fell to around the £400 mark I think. Although a one off, am I right in thinking this is going to prove an expensive gesture by Valley Gold?

Comments

• I'm sure I'd read it was £5k?
  • Just looked at the CAFC website (not something I do very often nowadays) and read this:

Valley Gold also have a guaranteed first prize of £1,000 and a second prize of £100 on their Jackpot Tickets, which are available from sellers located all around the ground. Priced at just £1 each, be sure to buy your tickets before Saturday’s match for a chance to win.

I (like many of us) stopped buying them last season and as a consequence the first prize fell to around the £400 mark I think. Although a one off, am I right in thinking this is going to prove an expensive gesture by Valley Gold?

I think I'm the only person left in Valley Gold so I must be a shoe in for this grand.
  • Sorry just re read, yes £1k on the jackpot tickets, £5k on valley gold member draw.

My daughter was going to be a Jackpot seller this year but I couldn't do it too her! Wasn't bad, £10 for turning up and 10% of all sales......
  • se9addick said:

Just looked at the CAFC website (not something I do very often nowadays) and read this:

I think I'm the only person left in Valley Gold so I must be a shoe in for this grand.
    Jackpot tickets. Not the draw.
  • My son sold Jackpot tickets but the boycott really bit into his percentage, I think one game he sold less than 20 tickets and 5 of them were to me.

I'm still in Valley Gold and will continue to be all the time no money is given to the regime. Academy will need it when Roland is finally kicked into touch.

Just would love to win something, that would be funny :-)
  • Wind it up and donate all the funds held to the protest fund.

VG won't be a success till the regime leave.
  • BDL said:

My son sold Jackpot tickets but the boycott really bit into his percentage, I think one game he sold less than 20 tickets and 5 of them were to me.

I'm still in Valley Gold and will continue to be all the time no money is given to the regime. Academy will need it when Roland is finally kicked into touch.

Just would love to win something, that would be funny :-)

Not as funny as " The winner is P. Varney "

• I've tried to contact them via Email and Twitter several times regarding a change of address and have had no reply .
    I'm pretty much done with whoever organises Valley Gold.
    As someone once said - I'm out.
  • Can't CARD run their own draw? It'll probably take more than the official one.
  • I'm still in, I've been against Duchatelet since day one when they warned us we would be used as a football livestock farm.

Problem is I know they don't directly get the money but by us helping subsidise the academy we keep the production line rolling. However like someone also said above when they eventually do one and head off to the abyss we are going to need all the help we can.

I've already boycotted my season ticket and won't be putting another penny in their rancid pockets. I still feel grubby thinking about leaving valley gold. What do I do?
  • Sponsored links:

• After Saturday the prize will revert to undisclosed.
  • Rob7Lee said:

Sorry just re read, yes £1k on the jackpot tickets, £5k on valley gold member draw.

My daughter was going to be a Jackpot seller this year but I couldn't do it too her! Wasn't bad, £10 for turning up and 10% of all sales......

So £10 then (unless you buy some off her!).
  • I've tried to contact them via Email and Twitter several times regarding a change of address and have had no reply .

@Bedsaddick have you tried Sharon Sherress email: sharron.sherress@cafc.co.uk - I've always received a quick response from her
  • @Bedsaddick, Stonemuse is right that Sharron is very good at getting back quickly so if she hasn't perhaps your mail's been missed. If you PM me your details I'll make sure she gets it.
  • I'm still in, so expect a prize on Saturday, but if any further cash is handed to the club under the current ownership then I'm out.
  • Carter said:

I'm still in, I've been against Duchatelet since day one when they warned us we would be used as a football livestock farm.

Problem is I know they don't directly get the money but by us helping subsidise the academy we keep the production line rolling. However like someone also said above when they eventually do one and head off to the abyss we are going to need all the help we can.

I've already boycotted my season ticket and won't be putting another penny in their rancid pockets. I still feel grubby thinking about leaving valley gold. What do I do?

Leave. As you say saves them money and they get the player sales proceeds.
  • It doesn't really save them much money. The VG money tends to go towards projects that may well not happen otherwise. You shouldn't assume Roland would just up his budget - where's the evidence for that behaviour elsewhere?

We're planning some changes that will increase the visibility of where the money's going, all agreed with the club in principle but we'll let you know when the details are finalised.
  • Rob7Lee said:

Sorry just re read, yes £1k on the jackpot tickets, £5k on valley gold member draw.

So £10 then (unless you buy some off her!).
    And you know that I would! Shame really, i'm usually at the ground early so could have been a nice little earner for her.
  • Problem is that I think Sharron's wages depend on VG membership (I'm sure @Rikofold will correct me if wrong).

Sharron isnt the enemy here, the Belgium mob are. Hopefully, she will still be at the Valley when they are gone. It's a dilemma for all of us, hopefully the money wont be released until they've gone. God knows the academy will need it then!
  • stonemuse said:

I've tried to contact them via Email and Twitter several times regarding a change of address and have had no reply .

@Bedsaddick have you tried Sharon Sherress email: sharron.sherress@cafc.co.uk - I've always received a quick response from her
    Sorted thanks
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm still in VG, although for sure I question myself, Gomez & Pope leaving were hard to take, but I'm sticking for this year.

£5k would come in handy, could make another little donation to card for a start.

Have withheld my S.T. But cannot stay away, its the habit of a lifetime so bought a ticket yesterday via the website.