Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    Charlton are back, Charlton are back, hello, hello
  • Options
    E i e i e I o
  • Options
    Revenge for the defeat at the Valley.
  • Options
    Great news. Dempsey now adding goals to his combative midfield displays.
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC 🎀

Verified account

@CAFCofficial
    8m8 minutes ago
    More
    Full-time and @jasoneuell's side have earned a 2-1 victory over Coventry.

Another 45 minutes in the bank for @billyclarke7 and 90 in the legs for Mark Marshall. #cafc
  • Options
    Fans are permitted access to watch the fixture. Season-ticket holders must show their booklets and Red Card holders and Valley Gold members must show their cards to gain admission, but supporters should note that at Sparrows Lane entry will be limited until close to kick-off time.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5be01a9f604bd/u23s-preview-charlton-v-bristol-city
  • Options
    More
    U23S | Here’s how the young Addicks line up this afternoon...

Starting XI | Osaghae, Yao, Bowry, Blumberg, Mascoll, Maloney, Morgan, Dempsey, Quitirna, Clarke, Anderson.

Subs | Harvey, Zemura, Ocran, Carey. #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clarke playing again.

Bowry playing too which is good.

Reeco must be playing tomorrow
  • Options
    No Stevenson?
  • Options

No Stevenson?

Good spot
  • Options
    @CAFCofficial
    9m9 minutes ago
    50' Goal. Bristol City take the lead through McCoulsky, who diverts Rees's knockback home from close range, despite Osaghae's best efforts.

#cafc 0 #bcfc 1
  • Options
    @CAFCofficial
    6m6 minutes ago
    Sub | Luke Carey replaced Armando Junior Quitirna at the break.

#cafc 0 #bcfc 1
  • Options
    HE'S BACK!!!!

@CAFCofficial
    Following Following @CAFCofficial
    65' GOAL! Billy Clarke thumps home a volley from Albie Morgan's left-win cross.
    He's back!

#cafc 1 #bcfc 1
  • Options
    HE'S GONE AGAIN!!

@CAFCofficial
    3s3 seconds ago
    66' SUB | That's @billyclarke7's last contribution of the afternoon as he's replaced by Wilberforce Ocran.

#cafc 1 #bcfc 1
  • Options
    wonder if he will be a sub tomorrow night? Or is that too soon.. perhaps a sub tomorrow night and can play for last 20 mins if reqd?
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

wonder if he will be a sub tomorrow night? Or is that too soon.. perhaps a sub tomorrow night and can play for last 20 mins if reqd?

Nah imagine it being a bit too soon, plus I wonder if the first team are preparing elsewhere for the game tomorrow seeing that Ashley Maynard-Brewer isnt involved today yet is usually part of the Goalkeeping warm up on a Saturday

I'd be surprised though (with this being his first 60min game) if he's not on the bench for Mansfield and then potentially starting against Swansea U21s in the Football League Trophy over the next two games
  • Options
    @CAFCofficial
    53s54 seconds ago
    84' The Addicks make their final sub of the afternoon as Zemura replaces Anderson.

#cafc 1 #bcfc 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FULL TIME | Charlton U23s 1 Bristol City U23s 1@billyclarke7's equaliser earns a share of the spoils at Sparrows Lane. #cafc
  • Options
    edited November 2018
  • Options

Went to this. Fairly non discript game where a draw was a fair result. Bristol were very physical and at least 4 were booked. Anderson was brought down in the first half for a clear penalty which the weak ref failed to award. Junior was replaced at ht and we missed his craft and creativity. I am really enjoying his performances and style wise reminds me of Mortimer. With training now full time he also appears to have bulked up.

Clarke was poor in the first half but improved in the second. He jumped high in the air after scoring with a loud outcry of YES!!! Bowyer and Jackson were behind that goal and it was clear to see how delighted they both were for him. I thought we would go on to win the game from there but Bristol ended up looking more likely to score the winner.

First sight of Osaghae in goal, He did very well, commanded his box, caught crosses and made some good saves. Happy to kick with both feet, although he did misconnect with one clearance which went straight to an opponent 25 yards from goal. Several players were in attendance including Aribo, Toby Stevenson,
    Alfie Doughty and Page. Bobby Bowry was watching his son and saw scouts from Colchester and Millwall.

Any reason for Toby not playing do you know?
  • Options
    No but my guess would be cover tomorrow should Djiksteel not make it. Sarr lb Solly rb and Toby on the bench.
  • Options

Went to this. Fairly non discript game where a draw was a fair result. Bristol were very physical and at least 4 were booked. Anderson was brought down in the first half for a clear penalty which the weak ref failed to award. Junior was replaced at ht and we missed his craft and creativity. I am really enjoying his performances and style wise reminds me of Mortimer. With training now full time he also appears to have bulked up.

Clarke was poor in the first half but improved in the second. He jumped high in the air after scoring with a loud outcry of YES!!! Bowyer and Jackson were behind that goal and it was clear to see how delighted they both were for him. I thought we would go on to win the game from there but Bristol ended up looking more likely to score the winner.

First sight of Osaghae in goal, He did very well, commanded his box, caught crosses and made some good saves. Happy to kick with both feet, although he did misconnect with one clearance which went straight to an opponent 25 yards from goal. Several players were in attendance including Aribo, Toby Stevenson,
    Alfie Doughty and Page. Bobby Bowry was watching his son and saw scouts from Colchester and Millwall.

Thank you for the report.
  • Options
    KEVIN RUSSELL says it will be important his U23 side do not underestimate Charlton Athletic when the two sides meet in the Premier League Cup this afternoon.

The Potters are enjoying a rich vein of form heading into the clash, having won three of their last five matches in all competitions, scoring 15 goals in the process.
    https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/russell-wary-of-addicks