Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

1315316317318319321»

Comments

• Apart from the Crewe aberration we have scored at least four goals a game. That target is well within reach today.
  • edited September 20
    Dixon sounds like he has had a descent turn out with a goal and an assist for Leaburn...he is gonna be an excellent addition to the club...so when's the first team debut, from the bench no doubt...Saturday?... maybe not, but won't be long...🤔
  • Dixon off Casey on at half time
    On the bench tomorrow? 
  • Leaburn and Bower off
    Mbick and Laqeretabua on
  • Rylah off
    Hobden on
  • Leaburn and Bower off
    Mbick and Laqeretabua on
    60 mins as planned for Leaburn, hopefully means he'll be available for the first team
  • 3-2. Watford get one back with 3 minutes to go
  • Think they are trying to plan it so Dixon is No.1000...🙄
  • Full Time 3-2, we see out the last 3 minutes and added time for another win.
  • Sponsored links:

• FT 2-3, great to see Mwamba, Dixon and Leaburn on the scoresheet, and looking good...

• That reminds me a bit of Crawley and Duckett standing together...

• Is this a remake of the "Twins" movie?
  • I read we also saved a penalty in the match.
  • fenaddick said:
    mart77 said:
    Delighted to see Laqeretabua back on the bench.
    Pity the bloke who has to remember to spell his name each time he's mentioned though
    Thank god for copy and paste, it's commentators I feel sorry for!
    Give us an L

No sod off
  • Great to see that both Dixon and Leaburn made an impact in the game and the progression of the U21's this season.
    With 45 and 60 minutes under his belt Miles could be just one or two weeks away from the 18 man 1st team squad.
    A real bonus if Leaburn can come into the squad when we are in the top 6 rather than struggling like the last few seasons.
    When wild card Dixon is involved is anyone's guess and I really hope he can give CAFC width as it will give so many more options when attacking; I don't mean as a wing back !
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 20
    https://x.com/charltonacademy/status/1837172083618701526?s=46&t=ynww82GMl7VKBjthBflU0g

Highlights (aka the Charlton goals)

Technically two assist for Dixon after his shot rebounded back to Rylah lol
  • clive said:
    I was at the match this afternoon, a very entertaining game played in glorious sunshine.
    We started very well & looked as though we were going to score plenty of goals but as soon as Rylah scored for us Watford went down the other end & equalised.
    Dixon scored the second goal after a massive mistake in the Watford defence, he also laid on the chance for Leaburn to score our third goal.
    MacLorg our keeper done very well to save a penalty managing to get down low on his left side & managing to put the ball out for a corner.
    Dixon was replaced by Casey at half-time, his play reminded me of a young Kevin Lisbie.
    Toby Bower unusually played in the centre of defence & did not seem comfortable in that position & was replaced after an hour by Laqeretabua, it was good to see him back after a long absence due to injury.
    Leaburn was also subbed at this time & replaced by Mbick.
    Leaburn had a fairly quiet game & took his goal well but seemed to get caught offside frequently.
    Watford hit the bar twice, once in the first half & again in the second half when they piled on the pressure looking for an equaliser.
    MacLorg looked very good in goal, he is very good with his feet & distribution, although he was a bit lucky in injury time when a back pass went under his foot and missed the goal by inches.
    Andy Scott & Jim Rodwell were both in attendance joined by Charlie Methven who arrived about 25 minutes into the first half.
    All in all a very enjoyable afternoon at Vicarage Road which is now a very smart stadium a lot different to my first visit in the early 70's.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/u21-report-watford-2-charlton-3
    Only 45 minutes but how close did Dixon look to the first team compared to Mbick and Casey, who I think are probably some way off.
  • Scoham said:
    clive said:
    I was at the match this afternoon, a very entertaining game played in glorious sunshine.
    We started very well & looked as though we were going to score plenty of goals but as soon as Rylah scored for us Watford went down the other end & equalised.
    Dixon scored the second goal after a massive mistake in the Watford defence, he also laid on the chance for Leaburn to score our third goal.
    MacLorg our keeper done very well to save a penalty managing to get down low on his left side & managing to put the ball out for a corner.
    Dixon was replaced by Casey at half-time, his play reminded me of a young Kevin Lisbie.
    Toby Bower unusually played in the centre of defence & did not seem comfortable in that position & was replaced after an hour by Laqeretabua, it was good to see him back after a long absence due to injury.
    Leaburn was also subbed at this time & replaced by Mbick.
    Leaburn had a fairly quiet game & took his goal well but seemed to get caught offside frequently.
    Watford hit the bar twice, once in the first half & again in the second half when they piled on the pressure looking for an equaliser.
    MacLorg looked very good in goal, he is very good with his feet & distribution, although he was a bit lucky in injury time when a back pass went under his foot and missed the goal by inches.
    Andy Scott & Jim Rodwell were both in attendance joined by Charlie Methven who arrived about 25 minutes into the first half.
    All in all a very enjoyable afternoon at Vicarage Road which is now a very smart stadium a lot different to my first visit in the early 70's.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/u21-report-watford-2-charlton-3
    Only 45 minutes but how close did Dixon look to the first team compared to Mbick and Casey, who I think are probably some way off.
     Difficult to say, he looked very eager to get in the box & had some good touches but did get caught offside a couple of times.
    In my opinion Mbick is probably nearer the first team because of his size, some of his lay offs & hold up play would suit our style.
    Dixon could become a good impact sub as he seems to be different kind of forward to what we have at present, much like Lisbie was as a youngster.
  • Nice words on Chris Lock from someone on LinkedIn.