Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    3-3 Viggars.

good finish after a great break by Karoy Anderson who got smashed after the pass.  Looks to be in pain.
    Anderson has very much filled out from the wiry lad I saw last season 

he’s back up now.  Looks ok
  • Options
    Anderson could be OK.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Great strike!

COYR
  • Options
    Another great save Kone.  Just going into injury time I think
  • Options
    you would never know we are down to 10 men
  • Options
    Finished 3-3.
    Yet another excellent watch following Charlton at this level.
  • Options
    3 - 3 FT
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Before Kone made his two saves in the dying seconds, we had a great chance to win it, but two saves and a block denied us the winning goal in stoppage time. A good game to watch, I feared the worse when we went down to 10  but we finished the stronger and equalised..Well done to the young lads!
  • Options
    What an exciting game. Million times better than the dross playing for the first team.

I'm going to say it

Bonne looks a much better all round footballer than Stockley. His movement and mobility and flexibility I thought was outstanding. Unlucky not to score too. 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    What an exciting game. Million times better than the dross playing for the first team.

I'm going to say it

Bonne looks a much better all round footballer than Stockley. His movement and mobility and flexibility I thought was outstanding. Unlucky not to score too. 
    He was playing against our U21s and two stand in centre halves.

He looked decent but I don't think he stood out.  Pedder and the guy who missed the pen both looked better for QPR.

Thought we were good, always played football even when down to ten and just lack some coolness in front of goal despite three good finishes.

Was Kanu being saved for the bench tomorrow?

Roddy impressed, it has to be said.  Not Brilliant but defended and got forward well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    What a great fighting, courageous, full bloodied come back for our 10 brave lads ! 

If there was any justice, we would have nicked it with a deserved 4th goal at the death.

Have to say, I'd rather watch the football & passion of the U23s than the 1st team at this moment in time.

Something to be proud of, for sure.

And what a gem we have in "our" Terry. Don't always appreciate his input but made this afternoon even better with his wry sense of humour & pertinent comments. 

Great stuff all round ! 

Oh, and what a huge loss to us was Mr Bonne ! :smiley:
  • Options
    TEL said:

I'm going to say it

He was playing against our U21s and two stand in centre halves.

He looked decent but I don't think he stood out.  Pedder and the guy who missed the pen both looked better for QPR.

Thought we were good, always played football even when down to ten and just lack some coolness in front of goal despite three good finishes.

Was Kanu being saved for the bench tomorrow?

Roddy impressed, it has to be said.  Not Brilliant but defended and got forward well.
    Agree about Roddy .... was surprised at his flexibility 

As for Bonne, you can only play against who's put in front of you. He offered himself out wide on both sides, his hold up play was good too. 

Yes QPR had a couple of great prospects but we have no chance of signing them.

As for the penalty...made me smile, maybe he won't be so cocky next time.,
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Injury reduces us to 10 men now, with the starting Captain and two centre halves off.

Injured?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    seth plum said:
    Injury reduces us to 10 men now, with the starting Captain and two centre halves off.

Injured?
    Yes, all three.
    We had used our quota of subs by the time Williams went off injured.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    JamesSeed said:
    seth plum said:

Injured?
    Yes, all three.
    We had used our quota of subs by the time Williams went off injured.
    All the named outfield subs had been used rather than the quota.
  • Options
    Errrm. The quota I think.
  • Options
    What a great fighting, courageous, full bloodied come back for our 10 brave lads ! 

If there was any justice, we would have nicked it with a deserved 4th goal at the death.

Have to say, I'd rather watch the football & passion of the U23s than the 1st team at this moment in time.

Something to be proud of, for sure.

And what a gem we have in "our" Terry. Don't always appreciate his input but made this afternoon even better with his wry sense of humour & pertinent comments. 

Great stuff all round ! 

Oh, and what a huge loss to us was Mr Bonne ! :smiley:
    I kike Terry. But I am getting sick of his prerecorded lectures during first team  games so his commentary is now a turnoff for me.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    1-1

mitchwll a bit slow to react to their 11 (Shodipo) and his cut back is converted.  Shodipo looks decent tbf
    Shodipo is 25 is a first team player and played for ROI under 19 team also 2 or 3 others in their team have first team experience so thought we did ok seeing we had a lot of players missing or being rested for tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Soon starts.
  • Options
    0-1. Ipswich score a good goal after sustained pressure and some unforced errors on our part.
  • Options
    1-1 Adigun sneaks in unopposed.
  • Options
    1-2 now.
  • Options
    Kamara is no defender
  • Options
    Error strewn first half, some wayward passing, Ipswich look the more assured team carrying the greater threat.
    HT 1-2
  • Options
    Wonder whether the recent Academy funding issue has had an effect on out young 'uns...

Look rather disjointed & definitely not at the races in the first half.
  • Options
    We looked like a school team They looked far more professional.