Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Assault by Bury Number 2

A Bury player went down "injured" near our goal line in the first half. A number of our fans were standing by the pitch. When the player on the ground got up and his team mates walked away their number two threw an object at our fans, I think it was a refreshment container.

If a fan did this to a player it would have the authorities up in arms, but because it was the othervway round they don't seem to mind.

Was anyone near the incident, if so can an assault charge be brought agsinst the plsyer?

Comments

• Was a bit of tape man and I think the Bury keeper might already have mentioned the bottle that landed at his feet at the end of the game.
  • A Bury player went down "injured" near our goal line in the first half. A number of our fans were standing by the pitch. When the player on the ground got up and his team mates walked away their number two threw an object at our fans, I think it was a refreshment container.

If a fan did this to a player it would have the authorities up in arms, but because it was the othervway round they don't seem to mind.

Was anyone near the incident, if so can an assault charge be brought agsinst the plsyer?

Don't be pathetic. Without being there, from the way you have put 'injured' in inverted commas I am guessing the player was being abused by our fans for feigning injury and by the sounds of it was hardly a dangerous object.
  • Some knobhead from our stand, threw a beer bottle on the pitch, whilst said player was down.
  • Assault. really ?
  • Yes it was assault. He threw some really hard insulation tape Which happened to bounce up hit me in the head give me 9 stiches. A fractured skull. As I fell back I broke my arm which caused my knee to jar landing awkwardly breaking my big nose needed air ambulance to take me to hospital where I had x rays and medical treatment. For fuck sake he threw a small piece of insulation tape the size of a golf ball which only just made it to the side of the pitch let alone hit are fans . Yes I was right there behind the goal.
  • Yes it was assault. He threw some really hard insulation tape Which happened to bounce up hit me in the head give me 9 stiches. A fractured skull. As I fell back I broke my arm which caused my knee to jar landing awkwardly breaking my big nose needed air ambulance to take me to hospital where I had x rays and medical treatment. For fuck sake he threw a small piece of insulation tape the size of a golf ball which only just made it to the side of the pitch let alone hit are fans . Yes I was right there behind the goal.

#injurylawyersforyou
  • I was there saw it all Didnt think anything of it. They were blatanrtly time wasting though. The injured player was whacked by his own player and went down holding his head when we had procession in trhe box. He then got trreated on his shoulder. Ref was crap all game.
  • Sponsored links:

• In my head was a picture of Cantona fly kicking a fan...

I doubt this will end in a lifelong rivalry between our clubs somehow...
  • Refreshment Containergate
  • it was the second half after Danns took his 'head injury' dive .. the referee fell for it (the dive) and stopped play during our most dangerous attack of the game .. lots of our fans were rightly angered and rushed to the open concrete area behind the goals to give Danns some well deserved stick .. their number 2 threw something soft at our fans in retaliation .. he should have been booked or spoken to, but the referee was VERY weak and let him get away with it .. he (the ref) was a bit of a homer, and I don't mean Simpson