Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2016 Olympics in Rio...

Comments

• Options

Tutt-Tutt said:

Olympic boxing is the only boxing I watch - (I find the bullshit surrounding professional boxing so boring) - But even this fight pissed me off, purely because of the French blokes fucking disrespect to Joyce during the fight, doing an Ali shuffle and pulling faces. No doubt he'll go off and become a pro and make a ton of money, all the while baiting his opponents and slagging them off in press conferences because that sells. Prick.
    Why can't boxers just fight?

If Joyce meets him in the Pros, he'd knock him out.
    I hope he does. And when the prick's on the floor I hope Joyce gives him the old 'wanker' sign.
    Can you do that in boxing gloves?
  • Options
    Hyped for the Danish men's handball team
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    There you go Brazil...£10 billion pounds spent on the olympics and it's all over after 2 weeks. I'm also glad the £100 million worth of lottery funds ensured John Smith from Norwich got gold in the egg and spoon race. Better off throwing the money at the Garden Bridge.

• Options
    Great for the Marathon runners getting their medals at the closing ceremony, when Mo got his 5000m medal in a virtually empty athletics stadium last night!
  • Options

What does it matter to Chelsea, Man Utd or Arsenal if England is strong? So if it doesn't matter to them, it is down to teh authorities to do something, but they just look at money and lick the backsides of these clubs. They can afford to pay a senile old fool like Hodgson more than any other manager in the Euros. He was a good manager once but three consecutive failures and they don't notice! They have more money than they need but less power! The solution will only come when genuine people with the right ideas want to find it at any cost and if Chelsea or Man Utd don't like it - tough!

Whats crazy is surely they should want the England National Team to do well... If we won a World Cup for example, more people will want to come over to watch the players (More merchandise and ticket sales) whilst other top players will surely want to play in the Premier League because "it must be doing some thing right" to create World Champions
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    These clubs think only about themselves. They would prefer there not to be any national sides. They are considered a nuisance as they use their property and can potentially damage it or wear it out! That is how they see it. I think the money that these clubs give a lot of young prospects potentially ruin them too. You can basically be a millionaire and never reach your potential.

We have a problem in this country that is not the fault of the big clubs. That is that it is more important to us that 7 year olds win leagues than they develop their skills. What it means is that when they are at an age that matters, the are lacking technically. It is almost impossible to get that back after the age of 13. But it doesn't matter to the big clubs because they can bring in young talented foreigners, who haven't had flair coached out of them.
  • Options
    Greg Rutherford and Claudia Fragapane are both confirmed for this year's series of Strictly Come Dancing.

Not surprised a couple of Olympians were included (Louis Smith won in 2012 when Victoria Pendleton also competed) but surprised it wasn't an older competitor than Fragapane
  • Options
    Missing Claire balding already.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Agreed - seems weird not having it to Tune into
  • Options
    Can't stand Claire Balding.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only clicked today, Desiree Henry part of the 4 x 100 Bronze medal team, was one of the 7 young athletes who lit the cauldron in 2012.
  • Options
    Expensive mistake by Ryan Lochte. Dropped by four sponsors including Speedo. I guess the headline 'Liar, Liar, Speedo on Fire' was hardly what they envisaged as a good promotion of their brand.

I reckon the only way forward for him now is Big Brother, they seem to concentrate on the lowest common denominator.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37159288
  • Options
    There's a hole in my life where the Olympics were. Generally, I don't think Rio will go down as one of the greatest ever - the Brazilian fans couldn't seem to get their heads round sporting behaviour, the ticket sales were average. But aside the memorable Bolt, Phelps and that US gymnast whose name escapes me, Team GB did us proud. The trampoline, women's hockey, syncronised diving, etc etc. Fantastic performance by everyone. Bring on Tokyo.
  • Options
    Wasn't the greatest games but it was fantastic to have that variety of top class sport in one place to come home from work to every day.

Plus Team GB smashed it !
  • Options

There's a hole in my life where the Olympics were. Generally, I don't think Rio will go down as one of the greatest ever - the Brazilian fans couldn't seem to get their heads round sporting behaviour, the ticket sales were average. But aside the memorable Bolt, Phelps and that US gymnast whose name escapes me, Team GB did us proud. The trampoline, women's hockey, syncronised diving, etc etc. Fantastic performance by everyone. Bring on Tokyo.

Yes, having 2 weeks of solid sport and continuous sport is a real treat! Boxing boring? Turn over to diving or athetics or hockey etc
  • Options
    How long do we have to wait for the Paralympics? Last night I had to watch this terrible new quiz with Giles Coren.
  • Options

How long do we have to wait for the Paralympics? Last night I had to watch this terrible new quiz with Giles Coren.

7th September i think
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Looks like Donald trumps long lost sister
  • Options

Just won gold at the world championships
  • Options
    Who is it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Who is it?

Paul O'Donovan, one of the brothers who took silver at Rio.
  • Options

Greg Rutherford and Claudia Fragapane are both confirmed for this year's series of Strictly Come Dancing.

Not surprised a couple of Olympians were included (Louis Smith won in 2012 when Victoria Pendleton also competed) but surprised it wasn't an older competitor than Fragapane

Claudia Fragapane is 1.37M or 4ft 6in in old money.

The producer will put her with a 6ft plus dancer for a Laugh.
  • Options
    Bit too much almond flavour for me.
  • Options

Who is it?

The reaction in Ireland (which is great) reminds me of us 20 years ago, when someone winning any medal was a cause of national celebration, and winning a Gold would make you a national hero.

By contrast now, team GB is a ruthless medal winning machine
  • Options

Who is it?

The reaction in Ireland (which is great) reminds me of us 20 years ago, when someone winning any medal was a cause of national celebration, and winning a Gold would make you a national hero.

By contrast now, team GB is a ruthless medal winning machine
    It was only in 96 when we won 1 gold.

If Mo and Wiggins retires, Trotty falls Pregnant and Kenny gets injured,
    we could be down to under 20 golds and 50 odd medals.
    It would still be good but they would be slated in the press and have to come back on a budget airline.

Today's headline news is tomorrows chip paper.

(lovely quote from the last century !)
  • Options
    Four more years of funding should find us some new stars.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    This appears to mean Mo Farah has been stripped of his gold medals.
  • Options
    Looks like a hack. This has not happened.
  • Options
    https://www.olympic.org/rio-2016/athletics

What???

Is you look at the 5000 and 10000m, they don't mention a gold medal winner now!