Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A dark dark day

James Milner has retired from international football.

Comments

• Options
    When's Rooney gonna do the right thing
  • Options
    They will miss his childlike graceful features around the dressing room. Sad day indeed, still there will be hundreds more overrated hyped up millionaire journeymen around to piss on our chips next tournament!

So Rooney is the only resident gargoyle now...
  • Options
    That's good of him.

Really pisses me off when players do that. It's the manager who decides when you don't get picked.

Must admit I thought he retired 5 years ago.

Who the hell does he think he is?
  • Options
    Sounds like Big Sam is using up his free minutes on the mobile then.
  • Options

James Milner 61 caps 1 goal.

Wayne Rooney 115 caps 53 goals.

I know Rooney isn't everybodies cup of tea, but let's have a little bit or perspective here.

Joe Hart 63 caps 0 goals

I haven't got any issue with Rooney and his record is fantastic, but comparing Milner's goal scoring record with Rooney isn't a great argument for me - totally different players and Milner has never been picked for his goals (at times I've wondered what he was picked for though).
  • Options
    The fact it is 'breaking news' on BBC was funny.

The only extra viewing I will be looking at for this non event is the boring James milner twitter page.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Oh well, thanks for the memories.....like letting that Russian swerve past you to set up the equaliser.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    bobmunro said:

I know Rooney isn't everybodies cup of tea, but let's have a little bit or perspective here.

Joe Hart 63 caps 0 goals

I haven't got any issue with Rooney and his record is fantastic, but comparing Milner's goal scoring record with Rooney isn't a great argument for me - totally different players and Milner has never been picked for his goals (at times I've wondered what he was picked for though).
    Hart plays in goal.

Get what you're saying though.

Milner never really had a proper position - it was his versatility that got him so many caps. He's a steady Eddie, that didn't really offer too much.
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

The fact it is 'breaking news' on BBC was funny.

The only extra viewing I will be looking at for this non event is the boring James milner twitter page.

He seems quite happy to have more time for his stamp collecting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

61 caps? FFS, no wonder we haven't won anything lately.
  • Options

But what a goal it was.

(I don't remember it).
  • Options
    Macronate said:

But what a goal it was.

(I don't remember it).
    Was in a 5-0 away win in Moldova.
  • Options
    Gosh, it's like a whole team retiring at once.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    A player always available until now obviously and done whatever shit role for whatever shit manager was in at the time.

I wish him luck.
  • Options
    It's ok, the darkest moment is always before the dawn. Keep the faith.