Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

No logic in the ticket office.

So going up to Bury tomorrow pay on the day due to the fact I work and live in Surrey. Refuse to pay the £2:50 administration fee to buy tickets even though you tell them it's a debit card and not a credit card.

Therefore I ask if I bring the stubs down to the ticket office can I get this added to my history which seems a fair request?
NO
Why?
Because you have to buy them from us.
What's the difference?
Because they are the rules.

So now to build up a history of away games you have to buy from the club in which you incur an admin fee not the fact that you are supporting the team.

Comments

• I would say it makes sense, if you are paying cash on the day at an away ground CAFC have no record of this transaction whatsoever.

What is to stop people taking old ticket stubs off their mates and then going to the club and updating their own history records?

I cannot think of a business model that would honor something like this without the original transaction going via the business and being logged in their system, in this case CAFC.
  • So going up to Bury tomorrow pay on the day due to the fact I work and live in Surrey. Refuse to pay the £2:50 administration fee to buy tickets even though you tell them it's a debit card and not a credit card.

Therefore I ask if I bring the stubs down to the ticket office can I get this added to my history which seems a fair request?
    NO
    Why?
    What's the difference?

So now to build up a history of away games you have to buy from the club in which you incur an admin fee not the fact that you are supporting the team.

I imagine it is to make things more difficult for fans who refuse to 'toe the line', makes it easier for them to withhold tickets from individuals they deem not to be pro-regime when an away game comes up that would be in big demand.

Actually I'm giving them too much credit, I imagine no one in the ticket office actually knows how to incept a transaction that would add this to your history or their software simply cannot handle it.
  • I would say it makes sense, if you are paying cash on the day at an away ground CAFC have no record of this transaction whatsoever.

What is to stop people taking old ticket stubs off their mates and then going to the club and updating their own history records?

I cannot think of a business model that would honor something like this without the original transaction going via the business and being logged in their system, in this case CAFC.

I would have thought a ticket stub is a good enough proof of being at a game. Why would your mate pass on a ticket if they would need it themselves.

I would have thought a ticket stub is a good enough proof of being at a game. Why would your mate pass on a ticket if they would need it themselves.
    I see your point but as I say, if the transaction is not recorded on the ticket office system against your membership number it is not 100% proof you attended the Bury game.
  • So a photo of you in the ground is??

This would be a perfectly reasonable explanation. It's just a shame that some of the ticket office staff have no clue about customer service and just fob you off with 'that's the rules' rather than explaining their requirements.

And for the sake of £2.50 what little fan goodwill remains is further destroyed.
  • Why the change?
    I've gone to away games as a last minute decision a few times, paid cash on the gate then taken my stubs to the next home match to add to my CON number as proof of purchase for future tickets which require away game history.
  • Offer a DNA sample of a burger purchased from Bury or a stool sample taken after the game. That worked for me.
  • Latest update on purchasing tickets for AWAY games for friends/family online.

If you're friends do not have an account you can input their details (name and e mail address) and connect them. Then you can purchase in their names as well as your own, for priority purposes, if needed for a later game such as Millwall.

However if they already have an account, you obviously can't do this. You need to request their account is connected to yours.

They you do not receive an email to agree a connection, as I was previously told.

When a connection is requested, the person who the customer is to be connected to must go into their account section of the website where they will find a ‘Pending Association’ that they have a choice to either Accept or Reject depending on if they would like to become connected.
  • Why the change?
    I've gone to away games as a last minute decision a few times, paid cash on the gate then taken my stubs to the next home match to add to my CON number as proof of purchase for future tickets which require away game history.

According to the OP they have stopped this.
  • Sponsored links:

• To be honest WIWALB, I doubt very much that you struggle to get a ticket for most games... Especially as Charlton will stick some proper complicated restrictions in place, like you must have gone to at least 4 toilets from your last 6 away games to qualify to buy a ticket. Don't give the club your money mate you'll be fine.
  • IAIA
    edited August 2016
    Spanish said:

To be honest WIWALB, I doubt very much that you struggle to get a ticket for most games...

So you're saying I might be able to get a ticket for Cheltenham away on Tuesday?

I thought we would sell out.
  • Since Mandy left the ticket office has gone to pot!
  • Spanish said:

To be honest WIWALB, I doubt very much that you struggle to get a ticket for most games... Especially as Charlton will stick some proper complicated restrictions in place, like you must have gone to at least 4 toilets from your last 6 away games to qualify to buy a ticket. Don't give the club your money mate you'll be fine.

He might miss out if we reach an FA Cup semi final though :smile:
  • It's irrelevant, you won't have problems getting tickets for away matches.
  • PopIcon said:

It's irrelevant, you won't have problems getting tickets for away matches.

What if we get Arsenal away in the cup? I thought the whole idea of building up your history was to give you priority for the big games.
  • PopIcon said:

What if we get Arsenal away in the cup? I thought the whole idea of building up your history was to give you priority for the big games.
    That's 9,000 seats, it's not going to sell out.
  • So going up to Bury tomorrow pay on the day due to the fact I work and live in Surrey. Refuse to pay the £2:50 administration fee to buy tickets even though you tell them it's a debit card and not a credit card.

NO
    Why?
    What's the difference?

Order on line and you don't pay administration fee.

If you're friends do not have an account you can input their details (name and e mail address) and connect them. Then you can purchase in their names as well as your own, for priority purposes, if needed for a later game such as Millwall.

However if they already have an account, you obviously can't do this. You need to request their account is connected to yours.

They you do not receive an email to agree a connection, as I was previously told.

When a connection is requested, the person who the customer is to be connected to must go into their account section of the website where they will find a ‘Pending Association’ that they have a choice to either Accept or Reject depending on if they would like to become connected.

It's good to see they've made it nice and simple...
  • If they refuse to sell you a ticket because they think your history is, in fact, that of your "mate", who they suggest might have been going to away games instead of you, there's something you can do...

Tell them they're right, and ask to buy a ticket for him instead.
  • Sponsored links:

Can you point out anywhere the club has explained that over the last year, because it's news to me?
  • They said they wanted to drive ticket sales online, to a dead end it seems.
  • PopIcon said:

Apart from Wimbledon, Southend, the pikies and Milllllllll no problems with pay on the day.
  • Sadly the ticket office at Charlton (just had a recent experiance) is like every thing else at Charlton, fucking useless and totally disorganised with no proper leadership.
  • Imagine if we had real away support , third world division problems

Imagine if we had real away support , third world division problems

Damn, if I had realised I was part of an imaginary away support going to Bury I'd had stayed in bed a little longer.