Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If Slade resigns, what next for RD?

If we have a poor first 2-3 months, I can see Slade resigning if he doesnt get any help from RD.

What does that mean for RD? I cant see him bringing in Nobby Vinegar after the last failed attempt to do so.

Does he have any other network mates left to call upon? Would he go for another L1 veteran?

Comments

• RD will put in whoever he wants, he won't care what the fans think especially if he views an English manager as not having worked out. However, I don't see Slade leaving, I reckon he's more canny than Meire, Keohane and Murray added together and then some. I think he'll be the fans biggest ally in our fight. He looked frustrated last week but had a determined belligerent air about him in the latest interview. I think the regime have put in place a manager who will have more influence on the club than they bargained for. They don't have a clue about football and he certainly does, there's only one winner in that scenario.
  • edited August 2016
  • Cross that bridge if it comes to it
  • Our only hope is that he gets us promoted despite the poor support he gets from the regime. Hopefully make us more viable for RD to sell. My fear is that once we get back to the Champioship we will end up like the season we've had. RD would never want us to be Premiership because he wouldn't want to invest to get us and then keep us there. He thinks he'll make more money by trading players
  • Wilmots , that's what.
  • We will be blamed for wanting an English manager when we're in the shit
  • edited August 2016

Why would Slade resign ? He has a 3 year contract

Coz contracts really mean something in football dont they?

If he keeps screaming and RD and KM for more players and they keep turning him down he may lose patience and say "f*ck it then, if you wont help me then theres no point carrying on..."
  • Said it before Slade should not resign, but keep on saying what he is saying because right now they're not excuses as such seeing as how we haven't played a game yet.
    There will clearly be a different analytical thread to come regarding Slade in terms of his ability as a football manager.
  • At this point now that it seems he's winning the battle to get "his" players in I don't see him even considering it.

We are third tier. Our squad is always going to be a bit lacking somewhere with youngsters thrown in. If he gets those three or four more in I think we might be close to the play offs.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCTrev said:

If we have a poor first 2-3 months, I can see Slade resigning if he doesnt get any help from RD.

What does that mean for RD? I cant see him bringing in Nobby Vinegar after the last failed attempt to do so.

Does he have any other network mates left to call upon? Would he go for another L1 veteran?

Why would Slade resign after 3 months and give up, let's say a guaranteed £250K pa ?

What help do you expect RD to give Slade after the transfer window has closed in less than 4 weeks ?

• Can't see why Slade would resign. He's bringing in the battle-hardened English players he wants and has a reasonable, if not stellar squad, to go into battle with.

Up to him to show what he can do now...