Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jason Pearce Done Deal - 3 Year Deal, Undisclosed Fee

Comments

• Options

There will be other sales. It's a football club. For the moment can't we just enjoy the moment of signing a player that universally seems to be seen as a very good addition.

Enjoy the moment lol. Ok then I cant wait to see Pearce and Tex play alongside each other what a partnership that will be in league 1.
  • Options

I doubt that it was anywhere near 1.5m tbh, he only had 1 year left on his contract.

I would imagine its a 1.5m deal. We probably had to pay a decent sign on fee and wages as he was due bonuses and pay hike after promotion.
  • Options
    No more then £500, 000.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Sounds like a decent singing although don't remember having ever seen him personally. 4 CB's of Pearce, Lennon, Bauer and Tex with Konsa and Thomas in the wings is very good and would be in The Championship. Given the ownerss stated aim to be a Championship club with PL aspirations I will welcome the news of RoJo's departure next.

From what I have seen in our PSF's, (Welling, Bromley, Orient, Ispwich, RKC Waalwijk) Slade has used RoJo as the voice on the pitch. I know he swears a lot, but he is the most experienced defender we have had in pre season and I think Slade wants to use him quite a bit.
    didn't sound like that from Slade's interview, said Rojo had played a lot of minutes and trained well but sounded to me like he'd played because there were no other options. Once Paddy is fit or even Lennon Rojo won't get a look in in my opinion
    I agree with this. He will drop out when Bauer or Lenton are back or if Konsa cements his spot... but he will still have a role to play, from the bench or as cover. Useful to have an experienced CB to step in if you have a crisis.
  • Options

I doubt that it was anywhere near 1.5m tbh, he only had 1 year left on his contract.

I would imagine its a 1.5m deal. We probably had to pay a decent sign on fee and wages as he was due bonuses and pay hike after promotion.
    This...

By all accounts, he had a good bonus from getting promotion, so quite possibly we paid him a decent signing on fee to make up his loss in salary.
  • Options
    Never heard of him
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Pleased with this one. Solid defender.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

If you know what I mean.

I'm sorry I don't.

• Options
    Wonder if he's as good as that centre-half we gave away a couple of season's back.
  • Options
    The sort of signing we've not had since Powell. Very happy.
    Few more needed but Rudd and Pearce are the right type of players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:

If you know what I mean.

Thank you!
  • Options

Remember who our CEO is.
    But high, sell low. CAFC
  • Options
    Charlton sign Jonathan Pearce, what a state the club is in when the new announcer gets such headlines. What will happen if we sign a player?
  • Options
    Good interview, been captain at every club he's been at.
  • Options
    JJ club captain, Pearce team captain?
  • Options
    We probably have a better back five (and cover) than many Champ sides. Can afford one or two to go. When fit plenty holding MF. Decent strikeforce but further we get forward, thinner we get.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    robroy said:

Hands up if you did not know who Jason Pearce was this time last year?

Not me ! I watch a alot of Football lol
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    PWR
    cabbles said:

I think it's a very good signing. Experienced and a former captain. I'm also pleased because the jury is still out for me on Bauer. I don't think we've seen enough of him to assume he's the right guy at the back. He looked okay at times last season, but, he did make a few mistakes and we were comparing him to other signings who were shit.

I imagine Tex will leave now

Agree with this Bauer has loads if potential but still youngish and plenty to learn. Johnson can teach him the Queens English and Pearce can groom him into a decent CB. Good signing, welcome to the circus Jason and good luck.
  • Options

We probably have a better back five (and cover) than many Champ sides. Can afford one or two to go. When fit plenty holding MF. Decent strikeforce but further we get forward, thinner we get.

If only I could say the same about myself at a buffet.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

PWR

cabbles said:

I think it's a very good signing. Experienced and a former captain. I'm also pleased because the jury is still out for me on Bauer. I don't think we've seen enough of him to assume he's the right guy at the back. He looked okay at times last season, but, he did make a few mistakes and we were comparing him to other signings who were shit.

I imagine Tex will leave now

Agree with this Bauer has loads if potential but still youngish and plenty to learn. Johnson can teach him the Queens English and Pearce can groom him into a decent CB. Good signing, welcome to the circus Jason and good luck.
    By looking at some of Bauer's Twitter posts, I suspect that he would be giving ROJO the English lessons, and not the other way round.
    Ha, I was jesting of course :wink:
  • Options
    Don't know the lad but looks like a good signing pleased about this.
  • Options
    Good lad Paulie! Missed this.
  • Options
    I'm taking my boots saturday, almost certain to get some minutes at this rate.