Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jason Pearce Confirmed (Three Year Deal)

Charlton Athletic are delighted to confirm the signing on Jason Pearce on a three-year deal from Wigan Athletic.

The experienced centre-back was a League One winner with the Lactics last season and joins us for an undisclosed fee.

He becomes Manager Russell Slade’s second signing of the week, following the arrival of goalkeeper Declan Rudd from Norwich City.

Slade said: “Jason certainly knows what it takes to get out of this league. He’s an absolute warrior; a leader; winner and will be an example on the pitch to all of his teammates and our younger players as well. It’s took some time to get it done but he was a target that was an exceptionally good fit for us and we are delighted to get him.”

Pearce added: “I’m delighted. It’s been a long time coming. I’ve known about the club’s interest for a while now and I’m glad to finally get it signed and be a Charlton player. When I spoke to the Manager, he really wanted me to be part of his team that will be trying to get straight back up into the Championship and I’m really happy that I am.”

Beginning his career with Portsmouth, Pearce would earn his first chance in men’s football when he embarked on loan spells at Bognor Regis and Woking.

In 2007, he joined AFC Bournemouth and would go on to play 183 times for the Cherries. His four-year spell on the South Coast would also see them win promotion from League Two and see him named as their captain.

He returned to Portsmouth in 2011 and a year later switched to Leeds United – and he would skipper both clubs before making the move to Wigan in January 2015.

Last term he made 33 appearances for Wigan, scoring two goals, as they were crowned as league champions to bounce back to the Championship at the first time of asking. http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-jason-pearce-wigan-athletic-transfers-league-one-3225127.aspx

Comments