Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Slade interview

Forgive me if this has been already posted, but, yeah, it seems he underestimated the task ahead.

standard.co.uk/sport/football/russell-slade-charlton-lacked-leaders-but-now-were-up-for-the-fight-a3310706.html

Comments

• Says he couldn't get out of the training ground quick enough on his first day.
  • edited August 2016
    hawksmoor said:

Says he couldn't get out of the training ground because he got stuck in a doorway.

• shirty5 said:

“It is a bigger job than I thought it would be, in terms of where the club is at. You looked at Charlton from the outside and thought they should not be in the position they are in. Then when you come into the club you understand why they were relegated.

I thought the fella was a bit more clued up. Did he not talk to other people who have been at the club in the last 2 & 1/2 years?

Failed to do his due diligence and now fighting from within to get what he wants.

Was life that bad at Cardiff?

Well, it is in Wales......
  • I don't get why you bring someone like him in and then not back him.

If they're going to treat him like this they might as well have kept a network no mark.
  • hawksmoor said:

Says he couldn't get out of the training ground quick enough on his first day.

I think he's saying that when he started at the club it was the Players who couldn't get away from the training ground quick enough hence why he created the Code of Conduct there
    I just re-read it. You're quite right.
  • I guess you can read this two ways. The first is that he has already identified one of the main issues and that is a demotivated, disinterested squad that is not putting the effort in pre-season and hence in it's current form will struggle. additionally we are again threadbare without a big enough squad to enable us to absorb injuries and loss of form.

Alternatively he is getting his excuses in early so when both the above start to manifest themselves as bad results he can say "I told you there are problems". The main issue is that RD works with his "budget" and again, as with the last two seasons, the manager cannot recruit enough players of the required standard to get success. It's the same old, same old and is bloody depressing.
  • Sponsored links:

• So he likes a bit of poetry?

Russell... Russell... Russell Slade
    What a feckin choice you made...
  • If there's an enforceable code of conduct you can bloody recall Watt for starters
  • So Miere and RD recognised there needed to be change! What they haven't recognised is that it's them that need to be changed. I see also that the four new signings are now expected "this summer" rather than the start of the season!
  • Only read the headline...now we are up for the fight....remind me when are we playing Millwall away?
  • Bla bla bla, then the bit that made sense. 3 year contract.