Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kenny Jackett Sacked

2»

Comments

• Options

Wolverhampton have announced Walter Zenga as their new manager.

Awful appointment, the guy has been sacked from so many clubs. And a look on wiki says Wolves are the 16th club he's managed in 18 years!!

He's going to have the largest budget in the division from what i've read, but surely they could've afforded a better manager.
  • Options

It will all end in tears for Wolves, just give it time

people said the same about Leicester
  • Options

It will all end in tears for Wolves, just give it time

people said the same about Leicester
    And Charlton. Oh, that one did.
  • Options
    I think the difference is the Chinese owners will do everything to make sure they succeed.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Hadn't realised Wolves had this investment. So in the Championship next year you have Villa and Wolves with mega wealthy Chinese; Wednesday with mega wealthy Thai; Cardiff and QPR with Tan and Fernandez; Norwich and Newcastle with crazy high PL parachute money..... That is 8. Who else. I would worry about the likes of Notts Forest and Derby who may have very wealthy owners but are they in this league and a couple more years, they lose interest and those clubs have had it.

With that money sloshing about it is even more mad how little we sold our players for this summer.
  • Options

Hadn't realised Wolves had this investment. So in the Championship next year you have Villa and Wolves with mega wealthy Chinese; Wednesday with mega wealthy Thai; Cardiff and QPR with Tan and Fernandez; Norwich and Newcastle with crazy high PL parachute money..... That is 8. Who else. I would worry about the likes of Notts Forest and Derby who may have very wealthy owners but are they in this league and a couple more years, they lose interest and those clubs have had it.

With that money sloshing about it is even more mad how little we sold our players for this summer.

Is the gap between league 1 and the championship getting even bigger then? Won't be long till clubs like Rotherham, Doncaster etc. who we've seen come up the past few years will be demolished by what we see now as lower prem teams. I think the gap is already much bigger than champ-> prem, look at Boro this summer, Watford, Palace a bit further back etc. while the owners in the league get richer, the capability to sign players from abroad and domestic for £15m+ I think will almost become the norm, almost definitely leaving behind league 1.
  • Options

Has their been Chinese investment in English football that has gone well? Or is it too early to tell.

Fernandes in QPR / Tan in Cardiff / Carson in Birmingham have all come from that region and have been terrible
    Fernandes and Tan are Malaysian, Carson is from Hong Kong.

A mainland Chinese investor would have a very different background to these people, for one thing they are not really keen, generally speaking, on generating a huge profile, they prefer to remain in the shadows.
  • Options
    I reckon Wolves will struggle. They are appointing a manager who is basically a failure who never stays in a job more than a year (surprised we haven't had Walter Zenga with that criteria actually!).

It's all well and good spending but if you are buying Portuguese misfits including a left back who due to injuries has only played 40 games in 5 seasons and is 28, you are taking a risk. The Championship will be more unforgiving than ever.

Any sense and they'd have gone with Steve Bruce, allowed him to buy domestic players he likes and given him the final choice on which foreign players their 'super agent; recommends
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Has their been Chinese investment in English football that has gone well? Or is it too early to tell.

Fernandes in QPR / Tan in Cardiff / Carson in Birmingham have all come from that region and have been terrible

A mainland Chinese investor would have a very different background to these people, for one thing they are not really keen, generally speaking, on generating a huge profile, they prefer to remain in the shadows.
    As I said they're from that region (East Asia) rather than being from the same country ;)
  • Options

As I said they're from that region (South East Asia) rather than being from the same country ;)
    Just being pedantic HK is north Asia :-)