Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Morgan Fox Interviews

Three really good interviews with Morgan Fox this morning...

Also sounds like the second article that he's an actual Charlton fan, is that true as never really thought of any of the current crop being fans growing up

Ezra Konsa ready to step up...
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/14646323.Charlton_youngster_is_ready_to_step_up__insists_teammate/

Relegation was Horrible
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/14647808.Relegation_was_horrible_but_we_now_have_a_base_to_succeed__says_Charlton_defender/

What do we reckon... Staying or Going by those two reads?

Comments

• You might as well consult the rune stones with this lot in charge. If RD or Latrien spot a market for him, he will be gone quicker than a BHS employee...

Was that maybe a sly little dig at my BHS comments on another thread by any chance? ;)
  • Has to stay, but like everyone else, wouldn't begrudge him if he goes.
  • I think if a decent offer comes in he'll be off , whether a decent enough offer comes in i don't know.
  • I know his Dad posts on here... Sometimes wondered if that was simply because his son played for us rather than being fans of the club

Good to know though, reckon he deserves a little less slack from some now

less slack?
  • Sponsored links:

• He needs to work on his positioning / awareness when crosses are coming in from the opposite flank. That cost us more than a few goals last season and could have cost us two goals against Ipswich.

That said, throughout pre-season I've seen a big improvement and technically he is really starting to standout on the pitch. If he continues to improve he'll be a big asset to any team in this division and above.
  • I always thought he was a Hammer.
  • Slack is for the weak.

If he's proper Charlton I expect 100% every game.
  • I know his Dad posts on here... Sometimes wondered if that was simply because his son played for us rather than being fans of the club

Good to know though, reckon he deserves a little more slack from some now

Is his Dad RedHenry?

• Splodge said:

I think a good season in League One could turn him into a Championship class player. I like Fox. He has potential and character.

The fact he has, at just 22 years of age, played well over 50 matches in the Championship, most of them decent to good performances, would rather suggest he is already a Championship standard player.
  • edited July 2016
    i dont know about decent to good perfomances i think of the matches last season he was getting 4s and 5s off of most of us on player marks.
  • i dont know about decent to good perfomances i think of the matches last season he was getting 4s and 5s off of most of us on player marks.

just checked his average was 5.18 over the season.
  • If he stays and starts most of the league games he will up there in contention for Player of the year as League One will suit his game/ability.
  • edited July 2016
    Chrispy51 said:

I know his Dad posts on here... Sometimes wondered if that was simply because his son played for us rather than being fans of the club

Is his Dad RedHenry?

No, it's madadd, seriously. He defended his son's honour on here after the Fulham away game last season, do a search on it.
  • Sponsored links:

Good to know though, reckon he deserves a little less slack from some now

less slack?
    Whoops, whats worse I was sitting there for a few minutes thinking: Yeah whats wrong with saying that
    Yeah Henry, cut him some flack. ;)
  • I always thought he was a Hammer.

No, but there are plenty of tools on here
  • shine166 said:

I always thought he was a Hammer.

No, but there are plenty of tools on here
    Bloody Spanners you mean
  • RedChaser said:

Chrispy51 said:

I know his Dad posts on here... Sometimes wondered if that was simply because his son played for us rather than being fans of the club

Is his Dad RedHenry?

No, it's madadd, seriously. He defended his son's honour on here after the Fulham away game last season, do a search on it.
    Lol, was just about to post that Shelveys uncle at least called himself uncle, least Fox's Dad could do was give us a clue, and seems he already had!
  • Splodge said:

I think a good season in League One could turn him into a Championship class player. I like Fox. He has potential and character.

I'm a huge critic of his but his character and commitment are unquestionable. We've seen other players crumble through a loss of confidence , but he has never hidden
  • Let us hope that if he stays, he gets the backing he deserves. It must have been very difficult for him to come into the team as a youngster, playing with players that were not good enough for the championship, and whenever he makes a mistake, (like we all do, whatever we do in life), getting a large amount of abuse from the fans that are supposed to be supporting him. He has done well to come through all of that, and although, obviously, not the finished article yet, will go on to be a very good player. Remember the abuse Pope got, and when he left, was said he was wrong to move to a different club, who knows, if the fans had been better towards him, he may still be here. I have supported Charlton for over 60 years and would never boo or abuse any of the youngsters when they get to the first team, they need our support or we will lose more youngsters. Trouble is, the fans? take out their frustration of the club on the players, whether they are trying or not. Easy for me to say, as I do not get to home matches anymore, (I still go to some away games near where I live), but for those who go, encourage our younger players, with this ownership, they need it Lecture over
  • The pic of Fox doing commando training during his break shows his character. Needs to work on preventing crosses getting over and will struggle against pace but is a decent Championship defender. Doubt he will be exposed at this level.
  • We've had lot of very good young left backs down the years, and at the moment I'm unsure whether Morgan is up with the best youngsters or more a Sturgess or Basey, who while good pros weren't good enough
  • edited July 2016
    Fox will put himself out every game, but is he even suited to being a left back? There are some good attributes in that lad but they are not anything to with speed or blocking crosses. I personally feel we could see him move central in defence or defensive midfield within a couple of years.