Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League One News

Wasnt sure where to put this news so thought I'd create a new Thread for any news on the other League One clubs across the whole of this season...

Fleetwood Town FC ‏@ftfc 37m37 minutes ago
ANNOUNCEMENT: Fleetwood Town can confirm we have accepted the resignation of manager Steven Pressley.

Comments

• Looking forward to this being league two news next year
  • Wasnt sure where to put this news so thought I'd create a new Thread for any news on the other League One clubs across the whole of this season...

ANNOUNCEMENT: Fleetwood Town can confirm we have accepted the resignation of manager Steven Pressley.

whassup wiv Elvis ? .. started so well at Coventry then the team nosedived .. could be an omen though .. after he managed a promotion, Fleetwood sacked Graham Alexander who is now doing a great job at Scunthorpe .. I wonder where Pressley will end up .. (he has a reputation as a manager who's VERY tough on his players .. perhaps he is too 'old school')
  • Looking forward to this being league two news next year

Chin up Hun
  • Wasnt sure where to put this news so thought I'd create a new Thread for any news on the other League One clubs across the whole of this season...

whassup wiv Elvis ? .. started so well at Coventry then the team nosedived .. could be an omen though .. after he managed a promotion, Fleetwood sacked Graham Alexander who is now doing a great job at Scunthorpe .. I wonder where Pressley will end up .. (he has a reputation as a manager who's VERY tough on his players .. perhaps he is too 'old school')
    Strange though they've accepted his resignation so must have something lined up.

Either that or Fleetwood are doomed this season
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36894178 .. the Beeb story on Elvis .. all this after he brought in 10 new players in the close season .. a big player turnover at the club
  • IA said:

Fleetwood were caught in a trap.

As Roland would partly say... Uh-Huh
  • he brought in 10 new players in the close season .. a big player turnover at the club

The team was all shook up
  • CLARKE IS BLADES' SEVENTH
    Striker Leon Clarke has become Sheffield United's seventh summer signing.

He has joined on a three-year deal after the Blades agreed an undisclosed fee with Bury.

I know he did well for Bury last season but did well for Chesterfield before we signed him!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Leon Clarke was overweight and pretty hopeless for us, but there's no denying that he has a good goalscoring record at third tier level. However, he's never stayed at a club that long and, at 31, I'm surprised that Sheff Utd gave him a three year contract (notwithstanding their desperation to get out of this division).

Hopefully, his departure will weaken Bury ahead of our trip there next week. We may need a bit of help, given the way things are shaping up.

Really weird timing. He's had time to overhaul the squad - sell a dream to their new signings and then he fucks off. There's go to be something else afoot

• Paul Green ... Rotherham to Oldham
  • Paul Green ... Rotherham to Oldham

Decent player, will be good at that level. Would probably rather have him than Crofts or Foley.
  • SDAddick said:

Paul Green ... Rotherham to Oldham

Decent player, will be good at that level. Would probably rather have him than Crofts or Foley.
    I saw him play at Rotherham quite a lot .. t b h he was often a bit of a disappointment .. not too quick but hard working and got stuck in .. as you write, he could do well in a lower division .. I would prefer Crofts from the little I've seen of him .. would love it if Frecklington of Rotherham signed on for us .. just the chappie for a tough old season .. hard working, can score one or two and LOVES a scrap
  • RedPanda said:

Kyel Reid has moved to Coventry.

I always thought he was alright for us. Decent player in L1.

forever flattered to deceive .. but surely Coventry will have a decent season despite selling their top players over the past couple of years
  • SDAddick said:

Paul Green ... Rotherham to Oldham

I saw him play at Rotherham quite a lot .. t b h he was often a bit of a disappointment .. not too quick but hard working and got stuck in .. as you write, he could do well in a lower division .. I would prefer Crofts from the little I've seen of him .. would love it if Frecklington of Rotherham signed on for us .. just the chappie for a tough old season .. hard working, can score one or two and LOVES a scrap
    I saw Green play a decent amount at Leeds and always looked tidy. That said, at 33 he's older than Crofts (didn't realize how old he is).
  • Matt Kilgallon has signed for Bradford. I believe we were briefly linked with him.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedPanda said:

Matt Kilgallon has signed for Bradford. I believe we were briefly linked with him.

That was before we found out he wanted more than £5 and a tube of smarties a week.

• RedPanda said:

Matt Kilgallon has signed for Bradford. I believe we were briefly linked with him.

We were, but no real loss. One-paced aging center back. Better than RoJo but of the same ilk.
  • 1 August

Football League

Sean Kelly [St Mirren - AFC Wimbledon] Free

Matt Kilgallon [Blackburn - Bradford] Free

Andreas Makris [Anorthosis Famagusta - Walsall] Undisclosed

Matt Taylor [Burnley - Northampton] Free ..

surprise .. unless Taylor is prone to injury or lost complete form .. I rated him as Championship material at worst .. the Cobblers are strengthening with the Holmes cash ((:>)
  • 1 August

Football League

Sean Kelly [St Mirren - AFC Wimbledon] Free

Matt Kilgallon [Blackburn - Bradford] Free

Andreas Makris [Anorthosis Famagusta - Walsall] Undisclosed

Matt Taylor [Burnley - Northampton] Free ..

surprise .. unless Taylor is prone to injury or lost complete form .. I rated him as Championship material at worst .. the Cobblers are strengthening with the Holmes cash ((:>)

Taylor is a really good signing for them.
  • Gillingham's friendly at Leyton Orient was abandoned on Saturday after Gills' summer signing Lee Martin suffered a serious ankle injury.

The 29-year-old midfielder sustained the blow in the 76th minute as he attempted to cross a ball into the penalty area at the Matchroom Stadium.

He received eight minutes of treatment, after which managers Justin Edinburgh and Andy Hessenthaler agreed not to continue the game
  • Uwe Rosler has been confirmed as the new manager of Fleetwood Town on a two-year contract.
  • Sheffield United have turned down a second bid from Birmingham City for their young striker Che Adams, according to Sky sources.

Sheffield United rejected a bid of £1m from Gary Rowett's side last week, and Sky sources understand the Blades still feel the improved offer does not meet the club's valuation of the 20-year-old.

Earlier this month, Huddersfield Town bid around £700,000 for the player, while Wigan are also known to be interested.
  • Sheffield United have turned down a second bid from Birmingham City for their young striker Che Adams, according to Sky sources.

Sheffield United rejected a bid of £1m from Gary Rowett's side last week, and Sky sources understand the Blades still feel the improved offer does not meet the club's valuation of the 20-year-old.

Earlier this month, Huddersfield Town bid around £700,000 for the player, while Wigan are also known to be interested.

Sound move, they won't come good selling Che
  • Uwe Rosler has been confirmed as the new manager of Fleetwood Town on a two-year contract.

Incredibly annoying. He's exactly the manager we should have been going after.
  • SDAddick said:

Uwe Rosler has been confirmed as the new manager of Fleetwood Town on a two-year contract.

Incredibly annoying. He's exactly the manager we should have been going after.
    You're having a laugh right?