Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jonatan Lillebror Johansson

2»

Comments

• I remember JJ's bicycle kick away to Arsenal late in the game 10-11 years ago (we were trailing 2-1). Hit the post.
  • Bartlett / Euell / Johansson must be the least glamourous strike partnerships the Premier League has ever seen but god they did the job!!
  • Danepak said:

I remember JJ's bicycle kick away to Arsenal late in the game 10-11 years ago (we were trailing 2-1). Hit the post.

My son was mascot that day, fucking freezing and 2-0 down before we even got to seats, would have been unreal if we got a point out of that game.
  • My nephew's middle name is 'Lillebror'. It's quite a common Swedish thing, as is taking your father's name, either son or dotter, Jonsson or Jonsdotter. As for JJ I watched him play for Malmo FF about 7 years ago when they still played at the old Staduim.
  • JJ appears in this weeks' OK magazine. (Not something I buy - honest...!)
    It's a feature about his wife, a TV presenter and their big house in Ayreshire.
    Of course, it was too embarrassing to mention Charlton, with something along the lines of 'former professional footballer, who played for Finland and Glasgow Rangers'. Never mind the six years with us...
  • For me he showed the difference between UK and European footballers at its best.

He came back to the Valley - 2/3 years ago? - with a party of kids he was coaching. Not something I would imagine Rooney, Gerrard, Beckham and the various other money bags doing: put back into the game for those coming after you once your time as a player has ended.

The Bellamy comment about JJ also speaks volumes (about Bellamy) ''Johansson scored but I don't know how. I don't think he is a good enough player to score''. ERRRRRR - JJ hit 22 in 106 outings for Finland. Broadly the same as Bellamy scoring 19 in 78 (Both scoring once every 4-5 games).

We let him go in 2006. After leaving us he scored in competitive internationals against Germany, Belgium, Portugal, Wales, Norway, Liechtenstein and Azerbaijan over the next 4 seasons.

I think we let him go too soon.
  • For me he showed the difference between UK and European footballers at its best.

He came back to the Valley - 2/3 years ago? - with a party of kids he was coaching. Not something I would imagine Rooney, Gerrard, Beckham and the various other money bags doing: put back into the game for those coming after you once your time as a player has ended.

The Bellamy comment about JJ also speaks volumes (about Bellamy) ''Johansson scored but I don't know how. I don't think he is a good enough player to score''. ERRRRRR - JJ hit 22 in 106 outings for Finland. Broadly the same as Bellamy scoring 19 in 78 (Both scoring once every 4-5 games).

We let him go in 2006. After leaving us he scored in competitive internationals against Germany, Belgium, Portugal, Wales, Norway, Liechtenstein and Azerbaijan over the next 4 seasons.

I think we let him go too soon.

your argument was compelling up to that point !
  • Still remember him scoring two bicycle kicks in one game... He was class

Didn't he have an academy by the o2?
  • My first ever Charlton hero!
  • Sponsored links:

• The winner against Spurs stands out, not just for the finish by the Finn, but the dummy (by Stuart?) to take Sol Campbell out of the game. It's at about 2'16" on this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJLaMFs7-mc
  • Top bloke, came to meet the Swedish Addicks lads at their first ever meeting in Stockholm, put his hand in his pocket too. Nice guy, consummate pro, his family would often come over to see us play and use the coach with Matt Svensson's parents too. Every JJ we've had seem to have been OK:)