Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hyde Park, and why does the summer always bring out absolute c*nts?

edited July 2016 in Not Sports Related
A waterfight has led to 2 stabbings and 2 injured police officers (inc a stabbing).

Is it me, or does our city get a lot scummier when it's hot out?

Comments

• What on earth was that all about then?

What's the word from the Twitterati?
  • Off_it said:

What on earth was that all about then?

What's the word from the Twitterati?

Literally as it stupid as it sounds, there was a spontaneous waterfight - then two stabbings. When the police responded, one got stabbed and another struck with a bottle. It seemed to get nasty so the police have flooded the park to get everyone to leave.

Twitter is - for once - largely a voice of reason, with a surprising number of the youths who were saying it's disgusting. A few people pointing out the irony that when the police arrived some tried to shout about Stop+Search and "BlackLivesMatter"... moments after a multiple stabbing. Obviously there's still a few bellends but nothing that makes you want to gauge your own eyes out.

Oh, and how could I forget?! There's also humourous contingent of bemused Pokemon Hunters who ended up in a riot after looking for a "Squirtle"..
  • edited July 2016
    https://www.periscope.tv/Pl_fragrance/1yoKMlnMAZexQ <-- Live Periscope at the Cordon.

He's only just found out what had happened in the park, with the stabbings that led to the police response. So obviously the crowd mentality has removed any element of reality, and it makes you wonder how many of those kicking off have a clue about the actual situation.
  • Just caught in a major traffic jam around park. Police everywhere. Central London gridlocked as a result
  • Disgusted. As a London Bobby, I spend half my time in Central London as well as other public order events trying to keep them safe and peaceful. Last season, I was often at TheValley on a Saturday standing outside making sure everyone's safe whilst admiring the protests and getting a bit of stick for just being in a uniform. No matter what people say, you don't go to work and expect to get stabbed. Whether it's in the chest or the hand. You don't expect it. You don't expect to get bottled either. You expect to get punched, slapped and maybe spat at. But to have a weapon used against you is not on.

My thoughts are with the officers. Not just for their physical harm but the psychological effect it will have on them and their families.

Nobody should expect to go to work and end the day in a hospital bed due to violence.

The hot weather does bring out the cockroaches (I say that as I am in the Canary Islands at the minute and there are plenty here and plenty getting too excited at home).

Enjoy your well earned break, mate.
  • LuckyReds said:

https://www.periscope.tv/Pl_fragrance/1yoKMlnMAZexQ <-- Live Periscope at the Cordon.

He's only just found out what had happened in the park, with the stabbings that led to the police response. So obviously the crowd mentality has removed any element of reality, and it makes you wonder how many of those kicking off have a clue about the actual situation.</p>

Is that live?
  • LuckyReds said:

He's only just found out what had happened in the park, with the stabbings that led to the police response. So obviously the crowd mentality has removed any element of reality, and it makes you wonder how many of those kicking off have a clue about the actual situation.</p>

Is that live?
    Yeah. Pretty much just banter between this group of lads now though. Small groups of police dotted about too; but about 10 mins ago there were a few bottles thrown at the cordon.. then it just stopped.
  • Sponsored links:

• LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

Is that live?
    Yeah. Pretty much just banter between this group of lads now though. Small groups of police dotted about too; but about 10 mins ago there were a few bottles thrown at the cordon.. then it just stopped.
    Some of them messages on the feed were tellin em to start looting..... How can I comment on the feed?
  • edited July 2016

LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

Is that live?
    Some of them messages on the feed were tellin em to start looting..... How can I comment on the feed?
    You need the app and do it on the phone, I've tried to ignore the feed.

Just watching 'em zoom in on the odd girl, then bottle it when one of them tries to chat to her.. Holy crap, didn't think they were fake teeth.
  • edited July 2016
    shirty5 said:
    The girl they've quoted on the article is a moron. She was on Twitter claiming that "America is here." and that the police caused it.. despite turning up 5 minutes after the bottles were thrown.
  • Water fight, what happened to the water canon? Oh, against their rights or summin weren't it, fair enough
  • edited July 2016
    Dude hopping over the counter to nick from McDonalds..

Water fight, what happened to the water canon? Oh, against their rights or summin weren't it, fair enough

Too dangerous as they can cause spinal fractures if used inappropriately, and thus the Met never got a license to use them.
  • Disgusted. As a London Bobby, I spend half my time in Central London as well as other public order events trying to keep them safe and peaceful. Last season, I was often at TheValley on a Saturday standing outside making sure everyone's safe whilst admiring the protests and getting a bit of stick for just being in a uniform. No matter what people say, you don't go to work and expect to get stabbed. Whether it's in the chest or the hand. You don't expect it. You don't expect to get bottled either. You expect to get punched, slapped and maybe spat at. But to have a weapon used against you is not on.

My thoughts are with the officers. Not just for their physical harm but the psychological effect it will have on them and their families.

Nobody should expect to go to work and end the day in a hospital bed due to violence.

The hot weather does bring out the cockroaches (I say that as I am in the Canary Islands at the minute and there are plenty here and plenty getting too excited at home).

As a part time firefighter I have always thought I would hate your job, as well as that of the paramedics. On a job we were at recently a policeman was being harassed and shouted at for having the audacity to say hello to me.
  • LuckyReds said:

Water fight, what happened to the water canon? Oh, against their rights or summin weren't it, fair enough

Too dangerous as they can cause spinal fractures if used inappropriately, and thus the Met never got a license to use them.
    He must be desperate if he's nicking from McDonald's.
  • Sponsored links:

• My best mate has just been through 2 years of hassle to get in the Met. Weekends of studying at college then once he'd passed he still didnt know if he'd get in or not because of the cuts despite having to pay for the training himself.

He finally started at Newham nick a few weeks ago and he's overjoyed that he's started but I wonder how long he'll stay in the honeymoon period because of the abuse that will get chucked at him!

I wouldnt mind, because of his Carribean heritage, when he used to work at Stratford, he used to get stop and searched literally every day by the old bill. He ended up using a clear rucksack so everyone could see what he was carrying because he got sick of being stopped all the time
  • Its simply a repeat of the London Riots a few years ago... A small group of people had reason to be angry whilst the rest of the City saw an opportunity to jump on the bandwagon and so pinch stuff from shops when they had no right.

Same here, how can people be chanting that Black Lives Matter when the police here in the UNITED KINGDOM have done nothing wrong
  • LuckyReds said:

He must be desperate if he's nicking from McDonald's.
    He needs counseling or a dietician.
  • edited July 2016
    as for the water cannon the french police didn't hesitate to shoot it at a lot of innocent people.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

My best mate has just been through 2 years of hassle to get in the Met. Weekends of studying at college then once he'd passed he still didnt know if he'd get in or not because of the cuts despite having to pay for the training himself.

He finally started at Newham nick a few weeks ago and he's overjoyed that he's started but I wonder how long he'll stay in the honeymoon period because of the abuse that will get chucked at him!

I wouldnt mind, because of his Carribean heritage, when he used to work at Stratford, he used to get stop and searched literally every day by the old bill. He ended up using a clear rucksack so everyone could see what he was carrying because he got sick of being stopped all the time

Good for your mate but rucksacks are anti-social and the arseholes that wear them, particularly on public transport where they bash other travellers all the time deserve every bit of hassle and abuse that comes their way. If his rucksack was empty, why did he need it ?
    Ha, I agree. I meant the rucksack was transparents/see-through :)