Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

they nearly got me..........

As a season ticket holder since we returned in '92 I have been re-considering my non renewal status every day since the end of the season - firstly waiting for the appointment of a British manager (tick) and then for some signings, hopefully British (double tick) and for the commitment of existing players (Solly's new contract - tick).

So, last week, thinking the Regime may be starting to turn I was on the verge of renewing a ticket for me & my son (east Stand - £500 in total) - only put off as I wanted to pay my tax bill first, due 31st July.

But wait !!!! They are now showing their true colours. Within a week we have seen the departures of Cousins. Pope, JBG, TW - 3 sold & one on loan, with the fees - reported to be less than £5m for the lot of them, but as they were "undisclosed" we will never know - with reports that Hendo could also be off, along with Tex Mex & Lookman, has really made me think again.

Anyone else in this predicament ???

Comments

• Options
    Nah just you.

/thread
  • Options
    Wobbles every now and then.

Got my Bury ticket, stuff the Season Ticket.
  • Options
    Yes. Have also resisted, despite coming close over recent days. They will sell everyone, as I predicted back in May, of any value. Get ready to watch the kids this season - they will be abundant!
  • Options

As a season ticket holder since we returned in '92 I have been re-considering my non renewal status every day since the end of the season - firstly waiting for the appointment of a British manager (tick) and then for some signings, hopefully British (double tick) and for the commitment of existing players (Solly's new contract - tick).

So, last week, thinking the Regime may be starting to turn I was on the verge of renewing a ticket for me & my son (east Stand - £500 in total) - only put off as I wanted to pay my tax bill first, due 31st July.

But wait !!!! They are now showing their true colours. Within a week we have seen the departures of Cousins. Pope, JBG, TW - 3 sold & one on loan, with the fees - reported to be less than £5m for the lot of them, but as they were "undisclosed" we will never know - with reports that Hendo could also be off, along with Tex Mex & Lookman, has really made me think again.

I'm more interested in the latest episode of your love life than I am of Charlton
  • Options

Wow. I'd never added up the reported fees before, that's absolutely horrific if those numbers are correct.

We're 3 core members of our squad down, two homegrown players (inc. one who won POTY two years in a row) and one who's recently represented his country respectably in the Euros.. and we've probably got under £5m for the lot of em.
  • Options
    It feels wrong not to have renewed like you I have had a season ticket since the return to The Valley, but under the current circumstances it would feel more wrong to renew. The only thing at the moment that would make be reconsider, without RD selling up, would be the removal of Meire and her being replaced by an experienced CEO.
  • Options
    I was.

But I always go back to him as the owner and his failed/fatally flawed experiment/vision.

And her, a total incompetent in such an important role. That CARD video helped to remind me just what an embarrassment she is.

Wish Slade all the best and hope we have a storming season but won't be renewing.
  • Options
    To be honest, given the revolving door nature of our squad in recent year's I'd be waiting until after the transfer window closed and then decide.
  • Options
    Couple of weeks ago I did think about it, but the expected exodus and luke warm friendly performances have quickly driven that minor temptation from my mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yep, I came close too. Even loaded up the basket on the ticket site. Glad I held back.
  • Options
    I'm waiting to see what the finished squad looks like. I'd already factored in the majority of the departures, it's who they're replaced with that's key, and we have a threadbare squad at the moment.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Same owner as last season - tick
    Same CEO as last season - tick
    Zero apology for relegation - tick
    Best player (JBG) sold - tick
    Most improved player (Pope) sold - tick
    No statement on ambition for immediate promotion, backed up with significant playing Investments - tick
    Poor choice of shirt sponsor for family-based football club - tick

I can't see any reason to buy a season ticket this season, unless (and boy would this cause a rush), there's a cut-price offer following a change of ownership.

Spot on, nothinng this summer has even made me flinch, I am sad it has come to this, I will miss it, but I don't work my arse off to kiss away money that will only go towards rolands evil plan
  • Options
    Haven't renewed yet. There's zero ambition being showed by the board towards promotion so far.

Think I'll go game by game. Maybe a half season ticket if we're doing well
  • Options

I'm waiting to see what the finished squad looks like. I'd already factored in the majority of the departures, it's who they're replaced with that's key, and we have a threadbare squad at the moment.

Agreed, I think that even under a well run regime (we wouldn't be relegated) that if we were relegated we'd have lost Cousins and JBG at a minimum, and probably Pope. We're obviously about to lose Watt and Hendo, also expected, and I suspect we'll lose Tex before the start of the season, possibly Bauer too if he's fit before the close of the window. Those players, as individuals, are just too good for League One, and/or will have offers from elsewhere to play at a higher level for more money, which is hard to turn down.

The reported fees are very low, absolutely agree with that, especially since I would expect that a lot of that money will not be reinvested but simply used to cover operating losses.

All that said, we could move for 2-3 players in the next week and things could be looking very different. Given how many of us expected the above players to move on, you would hope that between your chief scout, manager, and whoever else works on transfers they have targets identified and now that there is money coming in, they should be moving toward concrete negotiations. If we don't start to hear at least rumors of players coming in in the next week, I'll be very worried.
  • Options
    I went through this last season after I decided not to renew. It didn't take too long to realise it was a good decision and now I can't think of anything that would make me want to renew after all the shenanigans last season.

Be strong. There are plenty of years left to support the boys. This regime will soon be off with their tails between their legs and we can all sign up again.
  • Options
    But we have got Naby Sarr out on loan so it's not all bad news.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    KM is sill here, I have still not renewe. For me, it really is that simple. She could buy Messi and Ronaldo and I would not renew.
  • Options

Well i have just renewed my season ticket for 2016-2017 season and looking forward to seeing the new season in against RKC Waalwijk.

Before anyone says i have given in to Roland and The CEO can i just add the season ticket is for
    SC Telstar a Dutch second division team that play on Friday evenings .

Well you do have your own transport laid on
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited July 2016
    Will happily buy a half year season ticket for the second half of the season when Duchatelet fecks off at Christmas / New Year. Not regretting not buying a season ticket for the start of the season for the first time for many years.

The current fire sale and lack of transfer movement has left a light squad. Not surprised by the turn of the events in the slightest and expecting Lookman to be sold as soon as he returns from the Under 21 Europeans. I have very low expectations of Duchatelet and Meire, but they even surprise with the the short sightedness of their decisions.

The home games will give a chance to work out where the half season seats will best be after Duchatelet has sold up and fecked off.
  • Options
    I never expected cousins JBG or watt to stay

But as things stand this is a proper shit season and I'm not sure how I can improve?
  • Options

Well i have just renewed my season ticket for 2016-2017 season and looking forward to seeing the new season in against RKC Waalwijk.

Before anyone says i have given in to Roland and The CEO can i just add the season ticket is for
    SC Telstar a Dutch second division team that play on Friday evenings .

Please tell me SC Telstar run out to that old Tornados record...
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

I'm more interested in the latest episode of your love life than I am of Charlton
    _MrDick said:

Exactly. Are you still getting it 8 times a week with random tinder strumpets or not?

Seaso ticket smeesho ticket.
  • Options
    No, when I said they wouldn't get another penny from me I meant it.

The sad thing is though that I don't even feel I'm going to miss it. I've enjoyed the break from Charlton too much. They really have to go.
  • Options
    the departures can't have come as much of a surprise!!...it's all about who they replace them with and what the squad looks like come the end of Aug