Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Id take first right now.
  • Scinthorpe and Bristol rovers will be the ones to watch
  • Way too early for this shit, they're going on about how MK Dons haven't strengthened the front line and will therefore struggle, but there's 3 weeks till the season starts, and 6 weeks before the transfer window closes
  • sam3110 said:

Way too early for this shit, they're going on about how MK Dons haven't strengthened the front line and will therefore struggle, but there's 3 weeks till the season starts, and 6 weeks before the transfer window closes

Relax, it is only a bit of fun and a discussion story, something to talk about until the season starts
  • they clearly haven't been reading charlton life
  • Friend at works a big Scunny fan and thinks they are in with a real chance this season. Expects them to make playoffs at very least.
  • edited July 2016
    ross1 said:
    At the top of the article, Mark O’Haire wasn't so convinced...
    Purely down to their disastrous off-field failings, I’d be discounting Charlton and Bolton immediately. But yes, MK Dons could and should be rallying themselves for an immediate return. I’m no fan of Karl Robinson but the consistency in management should aid their promotion push. Relegated clubs have won the league in five of the past eight renewals so the stats certainly suggest one of the three will be there or thereabouts.
  • edited July 2016

ross1 said:
    At the top of the article, Mark O’Haire wasn't so convinced...
    Purely down to their disastrous off-field failings, I’d be discounting Charlton and Bolton immediately. But yes, MK Dons could and should be rallying themselves for an immediate return. I’m no fan of Karl Robinson but the consistency in management should aid their promotion push. Relegated clubs have won the league in five of the past eight renewals so the stats certainly suggest one of the three will be there or thereabouts.
    Yeah, the article starts by saying basically Charlton and Bolton have no chance and that MK Dons are the relegated team to watch. Then it goes on to predict us 1st, Bolton 2nd and MK Dons not even making the playoffs!?

Maybe they called in sick and a sub wrote the second half of the article?
  • Id take first right now.

I'd take our alphabetical 6th.
  • Scinthorpe and Bristol rovers will be the ones to watch

Scunthorpe definitely will be ones to watch... Reckon that from the top six only Bradford (they'll feel the effects of losing Parkinson) and Gillingham will fail to finish within the Play-Offs if any of them... I also see Wimbledon being relegated yet at the same time don't see Sheffield United being the favourites that everyone believes them to be.

Also reckon only one of Charlton or Bolton will potentially finish in the top two
  • Sponsored links:

• Hands up if u want us to do well next year - come on, be honest - football or politics? What will it be?
  • DOUCHER said:

Hands up if u want us to do well next year - come on, be honest - football or politics? What will it be?

Football definitely. I support Charlton and don't want them to fail.

I hate Roland and want him to gone. I hate katrien and want her gone. I want Charlton in the championship
  • Always want Charlton to do well
  • DOUCHER said:

Hands up if u want us to do well next year - come on, be honest - football or politics? What will it be?

Hopefully we can do both. Monumental away support, combined with continuing protests at home.
  • edited July 2016
    Inclined to agree that Sheffield United are unlikely to challenge the top 2. Manager is on a roll but the playing squad doesn't fill me with fear.

You'd fancy Bolton to do well with Parkinson in charge.
  • Good article Ross 1 and yes Doucher I want us to win the league.
  • edited July 2016
    I always want us to do well, but more and more I find myself not being particularly bothered....it's like 35 years of support has been sucked out of me over 2.5 years.

But I really really begrudge Roly, Kariren, Murray et al being part of something successful. They don't deserve it.

We're seeing our best players leave and the the likes of Simon Moore and Jay Simpson potentially coming in. What's worse is people saying "I'd be happy with Simpson" "Moore will do a job" maybe they will, but let's be honest this is the depths that we've sunk to.

• I have always, in my 45 years of support, wanted us to do well. Like Ricky, however, I find myself not really caring any more.

On one hand I desperately want to see us get back to the Championship or beyond but, on the other hand, I hate the idea of any success for Roland or Katrien.

If I had to pick one or the other it would be continued failure until such a time as the Belgians walk (my head tells me that whatever I want it's going to be continued failure any way).