Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Russia Banned From Rio?

News coming out regarding state sponsored doping don't make it look good for em

Comments

• Options
    If they don't then they may as well just legalise the doping.

They should get the Spanish from hosting the World Cup n'all.
  • Options
    Who'd have thought?
  • Options
    At this point i think it's inevitable that this goes on in football too
  • Options
    What next ?
    Rio banned from Russia ?
  • Options
    Who wants to put their head(and their families) above the parapet on this one? I wouldn't.
  • Options

Who wants to put their head(and their families) above the parapet on this one? I wouldn't.

Yuliya Stepanova has and as a result will probably be the only Russian athlete at the Olympics. I don't think I would be that brave
  • Options
    Big Vladimir ain't that bad bless him, juat gets bad press I quite like him
  • Options

Am very good friends with the leader of the Athlete's committee for WADA - we have discussed this quite a lot, there is definitely a lot at stake in this whole sorry process...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oakster said:

Am very good friends with the leader of the Athlete's committee for WADA - we have discussed this quite a lot, there is definitely a lot at stake in this whole sorry process...
    I for one believe everything coming out of the current Russian leadership and have nothing bad to say about Premier Putin.
  • Options

Big Vladimir ain't that bad bless him, juat gets bad press I quite like him

I think we could do a lot worse than paling up with the Ruskies meself an all tbh
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Grigory Rodchenkov was the director of the Laboratory where all the subterfuge took place. Putin wanted the buck to stop with him.

Rodchenkov decided to move to the west coast of the USA as he feared for his Life once he decided to become a whistle blower. This may give him some time but as the numerous death in London, Surrey etc have shown,
    Putin's foes, grains of sand run out very quickly.

Two of Grigory's close colleagues stayed in Russia and are already dead.
    Nikita Kamayev was a super fit cross country skier who had regular check up's on his own health; Russia said he died of a Heart attack.
    Two weeks later Vyacheslav Sinev died of a massive Heart attack.

If Russia aren't kicked out of all sport for years, you know
    that the head of football or the Olympics are either looked after by Putin
    or fear for their own well being. It could be both.
  • Options
    With the news that the IOC have bottled it; not the Bad piss samples, but the Decision not to ban all Russian athletes.

Can the silver medalists to any Russians in Brazil, be given a gold as well, because it will save time in the future,

when the improved techniques and safety measures, prove yet again that Russia has a win at any cost policy.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    International sporting body bottles a big decision... well well well.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

International sporting body bottles a big decision... well well well.

With FIFA and UEFA it was always having your palms crossed with silver.
    For the IOC committee members at least they will be able to relax and smell the coffee in Brazil now without wondering if it will be their last cup of Polonium Latte.
  • Options
    In all honesty is it actually worth watching the olympics ? What's the point when every other competitor you see is cheating. I won't be able to watch one event and not have the niggle at the back of my mind. Waste of time then.
  • Options
    Doping devalues the sport. I have lost most of my interest in athletics because of it. It does look like the IOC have completely bottled the decision.
  • Options
    rina said:

Yuliya Stepanova has and as a result will probably be the only Russian athlete at the Olympics. I don't think I would be that brave
    Sadly, this has turned out to be completely wrong, and she will now be one of the few who will not go. Beyond shameful.

Hope she gets out quick and applies for asylum somewhere safe. Not sure the UK is that place.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm getting very confused. Surely there's a problem with the whole games anyway, with West Ham due to move into the Olympic Stadium. Baffled of SE18.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Not to mention their flippers and arm bands