Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

1966 World Cup Final - I Was There

Thanks so much to my fellow Addicks who helped out with this book by either appearing in it or putting me in touch with people who were at the 1966 World Cup Final. I traced more than 200 people who were at Wembley on 30 July 1966 and 66 of them were interviewed and photographed for what became '66 on 66' - can you recognise any of the faces on the cover? Here's the cover and a link to the Amazon site just in case you fancy an unashamed romp down memory lane to the day when we actually won something!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/66-Memories-English-Football-Greatest/dp/1785311719

Comments

• Options
    I recognise one well known Professori :-)
  • Options
    I know GHF, who has kindly shown me his copy. Excellent book.
  • Options
    If they ever invent a time machine and I get to use it, that's where I'm going first of all!
  • Options
    In 2 weeks - 50 years of hurt
  • Options
    50 years of decline......
  • Options
    Spent about 30 of those years believing that with the right manager we could get it back again.
    Then I saw the light.
  • Options

I recognise one well known Professori :-)

Who would that be Man at Milletts?

• Options

I know GHF, who has kindly shown me his copy. Excellent book.

Yes and here's the great man himself who, on the back of the book, is also appearing in a BBC 5 Live documentary which I co-produced and will air next week.
  • Options

It was a great pleasure to be involved, and I hope that Matt's wonderful enterprise is a big success. It really is an excellent book.

• Options
    Hi I'll be on Talk Sport at about 1.40/1.45 discussing this book and I'll do my best to weave a Charlton reference in
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hi I'll be on Talk Sport at about 1.40/1.45 discussing this book and I'll do my best to weave a Charlton reference in

Two Charltons neither of which were Charlton Athletic?