Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lincoln Red Imps (of Gibraltar) 1-0 Celtic

One of the biggest upsets in European football history?

Comments

• Quite possibly yes but will count for very little when Celtic win the 2nd leg about 6-0
  • "Celtic have just lost to a club who are semi-pro, play on Astro and have a petrol station & airport behind the goals. Nice one Brendan"
  • Don't every team in their league play at the same stadium?!!!
  • Superb
  • Paddy Power ‏@paddypower 44s45 seconds ago
    Reckon the Celtic legal team will be working over time tonight to check if those pesky Red Imps fielded an ineligible player.
  • Fantastic
  • Never get enough of those chumps embarrassing themselves... go Imps!
  • Expected
  • Sponsored links:

• Gibraltan league is a lot stronger than the top Scottish league.

Grimsby Blue Dwarfs are in the Europa league qualifying.
  • To put this into context Charlton beat the Gilbratar national team, their best of the best, 5-0 a couple of years back.
  • Brendan Rogers working his magic already... Dreadful
  • cabbles said:

Backs up what I have been saying for years. SCOTTISH LEAGUE FOOTBALL IS SHIT

A crap league that should be confined to being reported only north of the border. We don't need to know about it. I don't care how the 6th fixture in one season between Kilmarnock vs Partick Thistle turned out, and no, Rangers back in the SPL won't save it

Not a fan then.
  • cabbles said:

A crap league that should be confined to being reported only north of the border. We don't need to know about it. I don't care how the 6th fixture in one season between Kilmarnock vs Partick Thistle turned out, and no, Rangers back in the SPL won't save it

Says the fan of a League One team !
  • Basil Boli would be in tears at the state of what it's become
  • se9addick said:

cabbles said:

I would take a league one fixture over an SPL fixture any day of the week. I mean come on. It gets to March and Celtic are 600 pts clear, the best they can do is some re-jigged top 6 where they all play each other another 10 times

It was a great league once upon a time, a really great league.
  • cabbles said:

se9addick said:

cabbles said:

I would take a league one fixture over an SPL fixture any day of the week. I mean come on. It gets to March and Celtic are 600 pts clear, the best they can do is some re-jigged top 6 where they all play each other another 10 times

It was a great league once upon a time, a really great league.
    Give it a month, just to remind yourself.
  • Sponsored links:

• I still rate Brendan Rodgers. I was really pleased with his appointment as Celtic manager. I am pretty hopeful they will progress and there will be some great European nights at Celtic Park again next season.

I agree it is a shit league but without doubt, if I had to choose only 20 fixtures to watch live on TV next season, 4 would be the Celtic v Rangers league matches. That fixture, simply because of the passion and intensity of the fans, is still one of the best local derbys in world football.
  • edited July 2016

I still rate Brendan Rodgers. I was really pleased with his appointment as Celtic manager. I am pretty hopeful they will progress and there will be some great European nights at Celtic Park again next season.

I agree it is a shit league but without doubt, if I had to choose only 20 fixtures to watch live on TV next season, 4 would be the Celtic v Rangers league matches. That fixture, simply because of the passion and intensity of the fans, is still one of the best local derbys in world football.

"I still rate Brendan Rodgers. I was really pleased with his appointment as Celtic manager. I am pretty hopeful they will progress and there will be some great European nights at Celtic Park again next season."

Just to be clear - Celtic have just lost 1-0 to Lincoln Red Imps of Gibraltar tonight in the Champions League !

Enjoy those great European nights at Parkhead !
  • Given the recent years that Rangers have spent in the wilderness due to their repeated efforts to cheat their way to success it always makes me laugh when Ranger's fans mock Celtic.
  • Given the recent years that Rangers have spent in the wilderness due to their repeated efforts to cheat their way to success it always makes me laugh when Ranger's fans mock Celtic.

Surely Charlton fans can empathise that unscrupulous owners shouldn't mean the fans and players ought to be tarred with the same brush.

I'm trying so hard to not open a massive can of Celtic/Rangers worms on this thread. Literally itching.
  • No interest to declare for either of the former "giants' from Glasgow. But surely all agree that this result would be horrific for a non league side let alone Celtic. Next home league game for Imps might see more journalists than spectators.

Doesn't matter if it's football or politics.

You are one hell of a bitter loser.
  • I love Gibraltar, the place always delivers. (Except in the EU Referendum)
  • Not sure who Rodgers is trying to kid, it's an absolutely awful result and i'm sure every Celtic fan is embarrassed.

"There is no embarrassment,’ said Rodgers. ‘It was a tough game in tough conditions. We didn’t take our chances, they took their chance. We dominated and created enough chances to win. One bounce caught us out."
  • I have many friends in Gib who were still celebrating when I got up this morning! I'm out there on Friday for a long weekend and I would imagine they still won't be sober by then.