Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bucket List

One thing mentioned on the Spitfire thread got me thinking about what I'd love to do before I die (not in the last few weeks but so I've enough years to savour and enjoy the moment / experience... If money wasnt an option and you could choose three things what would they be?

(1) Learn how to Fly ... Have always been into flying and would love to get behind the cockpit myself, although because of cost, using the Flight Sim on my PC from time to time is as close as I can get.

(2) Round the World Road Trip ... Yeah I love my travelling and despite wanting to fly would love to get in a Car and see the world from the ground

(3) Really want to go see the Tour de France ... Managed to catch it when it started in London a few years back with the stage ending in Canterbury but would love to hire a Camper-van and follow it round for the three weeks, watching stages up Mount Ventoux etc.

Comments

• 1 - Fly a spitfire
    2 - Drive an F1 car from the 70's (a McLaren M23 will do)
    3 - A toss up between going to a World Cup final or the Indy 500.
  • 1 - Spend a winter in Australia when an Ashes series is on.

2 - Europe road trip. A couple of months in a Camper Van with my Girlfriend going from city to city.

3 - Heli-skiing. To be dumped out of a helicopter and to ski tracks that have never been touched before, despite the risks, would be amazing.
  • edited July 2016
    1 Be a good father & Husband when the time comes

2 Be wealthy enough to support my family without stressing and without being away working all the time. (Mortgage free would be nice!) you said if money wasn't an issue... I'd love to own a mansion with my own custom race track to drive a fleet of super cars around.

3 Visit Australia, New Zealand, America, Canada, Hawaii & The Maldives in a round the world trip.

Sorry they're a bit boring.

I'm after the simple things as it's those that potentially make you happiest.
  • Does the Helicopter actually land or do you have to throw yourself out of one a few feet above the ground and hope you land properly?
  • Does the Helicopter actually land or do you have to throw yourself out of one a few feet above the ground and hope you land properly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilFSJCUAeu8
  • Visit every state in the U.S. I've done 22 so far.
  • Pail, bucket, tub, barrel, basin...
  • 1. If money wasn't an issue i'd like to visit every country in the world, and spend a good amount of time in each (unless I hated it of course), whilst writing a great travel guide/blog. Flying out friends and family to experience different things with me on my way round. Massively into birds so ticking off every bird species would be included in this.

2. I'd like to go into space and see the Earth in all it's glory. Once again as money is no issue, the spaceship would be amazing and I could cruise across to explore the rest of the solar system too (and it'd be fast too, none of this decades to get to pluto malarkey).

3. Train to solo parachute jump and fly in a wingsuit and be able to do this any time I want.

I have been greedy, but i'm in a dreamland where money is no issue...
  • edited July 2016
    Katie price

Edit: wrong type of bucket, note to self.. Read thread before commenting
  • shine166 said:

Katie price

I should think it would be like a bucket.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1. If money wasn't an issue i'd like to visit every country in the world, and spend a good amount of time in each (unless I hated it of course), whilst writing a great travel guide/blog. Flying out friends and family to experience different things with me on my way round. Massively into birds so ticking off every bird species would be included in this.

Do you mean banging a bird from each country of have I completely misinterpreted your ornithological preferences?

2. I'd like to go into space and see the Earth in all it's glory. Once again as money is no issue, the spaceship would be amazing and I could cruise across to explore the rest of the solar system too (and it'd be fast too, none of this decades to get to pluto malarkey).

That would be epic

3. Train to solo parachute jump and fly in a wingsuit and be able to do this any time I want.

• Dazzler21 said:

1. If money wasn't an issue i'd like to visit every country in the world, and spend a good amount of time in each (unless I hated it of course), whilst writing a great travel guide/blog. Flying out friends and family to experience different things with me on my way round. Massively into birds so ticking off every bird species would be included in this.

Do you mean banging a bird from each country of have I completely misinterpreted your ornithological preferences?

That would be epic

The answer to that depends on how my girlfriend would react to me wanting to travel the world for the rest of my life...

• (1) Learn how to Fly ... Have always been into flying and would love to get behind the cockpit myself, although because of cost, using the Flight Sim on my PC from time to time is as close as I can get.

Lesson 1 - Get in the cockpit, not behind it.
  • Hire the worlds best surgeons and become the ultimate bionic man....With wings....And a flame thrower.... No, death ray lazer eyeballs. And Aqua lungs, so I could swim the oceans without surfacing for breath. Flipper the dolphin would be my sidekick. With a cape. I'll throw in a time machine too, so I could see how the pyramids were built to end that age old debate. Also, I'd be able to pull on my left earlobe and become invisible and hang out backstage at a Victoria secret fashion show.
  • 1. Isle of Man TT
    2. See Ronnie O'Sullivan at Crucible (done)
    3. World cup
  • Stig said:

Pail, bucket, tub, barrel, basin...

Classic
  • edited July 2016
    1. Heli-Skiing
    2. Follow either a Lions tour or an Ashes tour in Australia.
    3. Travel round New Zealand
    4. Do a marathon
  • 1. Win the euro millions lottery
    2. Buy Charlton
    3. Get Charlton back as a stable football club once again.
  • Visit every state in the U.S. I've done 22 so far.

Thats mine as well.

#50stateschallenge

Once you get past 35 it starts to get harder...... "Kids - hold on to your hats. We are off on holiday to Iowa this year!!"
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:

Katie price

I should think it would be like a bucket.
    Yes a bill posters bucket.
  • see my kids happy and settled and sorted
  • shirty5 said:

1. Win the euro millions lottery
    2. Buy Charlton
    3. Get Charlton back as a stable football club once again.

I think Ud need the American lottery for that
  • Love to visit North Korea
  • edited July 2016
    Have a Roland out party, when the club is sold.
  • 1) British Lions tour out New Zealand (seriously considering if for next year)

2) Harley Davidson road trip across America.

3) To know my children are happy and I've been able to provide them all with a good start in life.
  • edited July 2016
    1) Win the lottery
    2) Buy Millwall
    3) Close it down
  • 1) British Lions tour out New Zealand (seriously considering if for next year)

3) To know my children are happy and I've been able to provide them all with a good start in life.

Whats stopping you from considering the British Lions Tour out in New Zealand?

Just looked at some of the Stadiums and as someone who has done a Road Trip around the country it would be just as great to combine No (1) and (2) of your list... If you did decide to, let me know, would be happy to give some tips

I am not into bikes, but I shall be in Sturgis one week before the Annual Bike Rally, as part of my "Native American History" holiday.