Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

France v Portugal

Comments

• Options
    Macronate said:

Leicester
    Portugal

What next?

Charlton getting promoted?

Don't be daft
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Leicester
    Portugal

What next?

Charlton getting promoted?

Sheffield United coming good
  • Options
    Just glad someone won it with a decent goal instead of the lottery of penalties. Portugal deserved it, played as a team, defended well and had just as many chances as France. People say they didn't deserve to get to the final but France were pretty poor in the group, lucky to beat Albania, nothing special. In fact no team has been special and Portugal have won a pretty poor competition in my opinion. Now hen does the JPT start?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Well done Portugal.

Is this something kind of joke?

Disgusted
    Englands oldest ally mate. Goes back over 900 years and the Anglo-Portuguese treaty is the oldest active treaty ever.
    You'd want our oldest enemy France to win over them? Learn some history!

Well done Portugal. Glad they beat what I personally find to be the most rudest and arrogant nation in Europe.

• Options

Well done Portugal.

Disgusted
    England oldest ally mate. Goes back over 900 years and the Anglo-Portuguese treaty is the oldest active treaty ever.

Well done Portugal. Glad they beat what I personally find to be the most rudest and arrogant nation in Europe.

Right, do you wanna fight? How tall are ya?
  • Options
    So, Uefa are allowed to set rockets off from the centre circle, roman candles from the stadium roof and stick a firecracker up Cronaldo's arse and miserable buggers on her will still go on about how dangerous smoke bombs are.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Well done Portugal.

Disgusted
    England oldest ally mate. Goes back over 900 years and the Anglo-Portuguese treaty is the oldest active treaty ever.

Do you mean no one likes them but they don't care?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Apparently Eder is the joke of Portuguese football. He's treated online the same way we treat Simon Church on here.

That winning goal was like Churchinio coming off the bench and cracking a 25 yard stunner into the bottom corner.

Incredible!

Say what you want about him, his dad was a blinding fireman
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    The tournament has just gone to confirm, as many suspected before it started, that there are no great national sides in Europe right now. Because of that, there was always an opportunity for someone to do what Portugal have done. That's why I had genuine hope for England, but they never got their act, or team, together.

If Charlton had just won a cup competition playing like Portugal have, I'd be proud of them. I wouldn't give a flying if people thought we played nice football or not.

Lots of ways to play and win at football, as long as you aren't flat out cheating none are more or less legitimate than any others.

I've enjoyed the tournament and Portugal earnt their win fair and square.

If you didn't like it, don't get your hopes up for it being much better in Russia in 2 years time.
  • Options

Portugal for me, neutral during the war but we're happy to supply the allied forces with supplies

This is the sort of thing my Nan says about Football matches whenever there is a big game on.
  • Options
    Terrible spectacle. Fair play to Portugal but just cannot get excited about these tournaments any more.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Well done Portugal.

Disgusted

I love that you have visited a country and found it rude and arrogant, compared to all the other countries in Europe. I hear that France thought you were lovely. They'll be so upset.
  • Options
    They had a game plan with limited players, bar Ronaldo. The manager made the right subs when it was needed. Fair play to them.
  • Options
    I know people have laughed at the suggestion over the last week or two but there's only one manager about right now who would get us playing like Portugal did to win this tournament............ big Sam Allardyce.
  • Options
    Big Sam is the best man for the job in my opinion.

• Options
    108 goals in 51 matches many of which went to extra time. Portugal, in fact, manage to win one game in 90 minutes and but, for the rather bizarre group qualifying rules, would not have made even the knock outs in any other tournament.

All that goes to show is that the best teams are going to struggle to win the big trophies because negativity can be rewarded.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The tournament has just gone to confirm, as many suspected before it started, that there are no great national sides in Europe right now. Because of that, there was always an opportunity for someone to do what Portugal have done. That's why I had genuine hope for England, but they never got their act, or team, together.

If Charlton had just won a cup competition playing like Portugal have, I'd be proud of them. I wouldn't give a flying if people thought we played nice football or not.

Lots of ways to play and win at football, as long as you aren't flat out cheating none are more or less legitimate than any others.

If you didn't like it, don't get your hopes up for it being much better in Russia in 2 years time.

Don't underestimate the quality of that Portuguese team.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Well done Portugal.

Disgusted

I love that you have visited a country and found it rude and arrogant, compared to all the other countries in Europe. I hear that France thought you were lovely. They'll be so upset.
    The French are so arrogant, they probably go around singing, "no-one likes us, we don't care". In fact they're so arrogant they probably sing it as, "personne ne nous aime, nous ne soucions pas"! :wink:
  • Options
    Crap final but we're having a good time here in Lisbon! Nice way to start our holiday
  • Options
    'Portugal are a force and add an extra player on the pitch and make that Ronaldo they really do have a chance of going far. I like the look of Renato Sanchez'.

I posted this after we won 1-0 against them in the pre tournament friendly.

They didn't look spectacular but looked solid from back to front and they were playing without Ronaldo. They were better than us in every department that night and they didn't even get out of first gear. They're really not a one man team but it does help to have one of the best players in the world on side too. Good for them and good for Ronaldo who has discovered his boyhood dream - Like many of you I don't love the guy either but I cannot deny that a once in a lifetime player like that winning a major trophy like that is great to see.
  • Options

Sums the tournament up. Crap final.

Commentators were right at the start of Extra Time.

Just WHEN did we last have a good Final... For me was maybe either 2002 World Cup or Euro 2000!!
    I quite enjoyed the one where the dutch just turned up for a ruck. 2010?
  • Options
    dizzee said:

I'm not sure where I have?
  • Options
    To be fair, Pepe was probably the player of tournament. Every game I've seen him play he's been a rock, even if he is a massive prat.
  • Options

They had a game plan with limited players, bar Ronaldo. The manager made the right subs when it was needed. Fair play to them.

Don't agree with that. They have some top class players. William Carvalho and Renato sanches are superb. Joao Mario is pretty decent, Nani has been there and done it, and despite being a total prick, Pepe is one of the best centre backs in the world.
  • Options

dizzee said:

I'm not sure where I have?
    In future then

; )