Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

match thread Addicks v's welling (9/7/16)

Comments

• Options

Just caught up with the match thread. How did the new players look?

Hard to call given the opposition. Novak and Ajose looked good. Crofts and Buxton no better then we already have. Pike, back up at best. The bloke from Spurs looked fairly sharp. But that's all based on 45 mins after just starting training.
  • Options

At one point both were tucked up. ! Was a bit weird ? OCD !

If he scores a hattrick every game he can tuck both balls up his arse for all I care!
    Where's he going to put the match ball though?
  • Options

If he scores a hattrick every game he can tuck both balls up his arse for all I care!
    Up squirrels arse
  • Options

Up squirrels arse
    I was going to say under slades shirt, but there isn't and room. He certainly shops a Jacamo.
  • Options
    Is Kashi injured again or was he left out because he's leaving?
  • Options

Is Kashi injured again or was he left out because he's leaving?

Injured.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Only a complete plum would disrupt a preseason friendly with a flare. Grow up people and save it for The Valley.

no thank you. Such activity is a criminal offence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Really impressed with ceballos, seemed a different player and one who wanted to play.

Ceballos - oh dear. Slade's reaction to a couple of things he did speaks volumes - he won't be around very long.

Good old Charlton life!
    I'm right! Slade was not impressed.
  • Options
    It is better to leave judgement for another time and start off merely with impressions I suppose.

First half the new guys, Emmanuel from Spurs much too early to say anything, The right back was OK, although I would expect him to have sharper decision making eventually, the midfielder (Crofts?) got involved a lot, but didn't seem that special as yet, typical industrious pro footballer showing.
    Roger was eye catching, but Konsa more classy, Harriott was Harriot, Muldoon and Aherne Grant need to make or break somehow this season, Ba was OKish, Fox was decent, and played the senior bloke role, quite a neat free kick from him and Pope didn't have much to do.

Second half was better. Cebellos played in his own bubble in my view and was in and out. Pipe at right back was nondescript except being tall, Tex was Tex, eventually partnered by Thomas who played well. Holmes Dennis very hard working down the left, supported by work from Jacko, with Holmes to provide an outlet, Holmes looks OK, but a bit early to judge him. Lovely to see Jordan Cousins play with authority without breaking sweat.
    Ajose very active, he will generate a lot of Charlton life conversation I feel, and although he looked like he needed to lose a stone I liked what I saw of Novak. Seems an unselfish team player who is aware of the game situation, clearly he needs to get goals of his own. Henderson went the wrong way for the penalty.

Overall, based on that today, don't think we are going to storm this division without a whole lot more work, and some improvements to the squad, and perhaps more tellingly, they need to decide soon who is on the bus and who is off in order to create coherence.

Any word on Kashi? It is a big if, but a season where Kashi plays all the time and gives it large, will transform what we have now from a bit promising to good.
  • Options
    Liked Holmes, thought he made a couple of great passes and should only improve as his radar gets back up to full effect.

Ajose looks dangerous but Welling's defence looks scandalous so maybe not the best benchmark. I really hope he doesn't do that with his shorts all season.
  • Options
    Kashi injured already and we want to sell cousins and have a player that never plays.got to keep cousins get rid of another 5 players to keep him.
  • Options
    So...are we playing them every week? Future looks rosy.
  • Options

Kashi injured already and we want to sell cousins and have a player that never plays.got to keep cousins get rid of another 5 players to keep him.

Err... no. We need money in, Cousins wants out (and quite understandably too) and selling five more players in an effort to keep one is straight out of the Katrien Meire Big Book Of Bright Ideas that sailed us right up the creek in the first place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Give Crofts a season long contract.

Not a world beater, but covers in central midfield until Diarra is back fit...
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    nice to hear how they got on, won't read too much into it. Last year at Welling I thought Ba was gonna be a decent player, won't judge too quick this year!
  • Options
    Who says cousins wants out.really need injury prone players like diarra and kashi do we. I don't think so
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Swisdom said:

What colour is the goalies kit?

Emerald green

But with a charlton badge and the sponsors
    Fuck me we've got the invisible man in goal. With detachable legs!
    What, we've signed Joe Hart?
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Swisdom said:

What colour is the goalies kit?

Emerald green

But with a charlton badge and the sponsors
    Fuck me we've got the invisible man in goal. With detachable legs!
    What, we've signed Joe Hart?
    Nice hair though :open_mouth:
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2MyIvxPjok

Really nice ball from Holmes for the third goal. Good to see Novak beat the offside trap twice as well.
  • Options

Who says cousins wants out.really need injury prone players like diarra and kashi do we. I don't think so

If he doesn't want out then he'll still be with us when we kick off. My guess is he wants better than league one and he deserves that.

• Options
    If Cousins gets an offer from a championship club then I'm sure he will jump at the chance. If not I think he will would be more then happy to stay. He doesn't seem the type to think his better then what he is and will patiently wait his chance for bigger and better things with or without us.
  • Options

If he doesn't want out then he'll still be with us when we kick off. My guess is he wants better than league one and he deserves that.

Why does he deserve it?