Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CRAY WANDERS PLANNING APPLICATION

2»

Comments

• Options

Cray finally got approval from the GLA to build a new ground at Flamingo Park.

Gonna feel odd with a football ground in walking distance

And if the football is boring you can always nip into the in house lap dancing club for a bit of entertainment!
  • Options

And if the football is boring you can always nip into the in house lap dancing club for a bit of entertainment!
    Let us hope we end up sharing with Cray once Duchatelet boots us out.
  • Options

Good knowledge.
  • Options

Mate it’s brilliant I can literally walk to Enfield town fc in 3 or 4 mins met Barnsey and co over there last season when they played cray

It’s blinding if I am bored at 245 and they are home it’s an easy option to grab the kids and go
  • Options
    Great news... up the wanderers... especially the under 14 team😝
  • Options
    I love being a 3 mins walk from Welling, dead easy to just rock up if nothing else to do, grab a pint and watch some football.
  • Options
    I boxed a bloke called Albert Hillman many years ago in the ABA’s. Is this Hillman related? Albert’s family lived in Orpington.
  • Options

I love being a 3 mins walk from Welling, dead easy to just rock up if nothing else to do, grab a pint and watch some football.

Eltham's more than a 3 minute walk to Welling.
  • Options
    masicat said:

I boxed a bloke called Albert Hillman many years ago in the ABA’s. Is this Hillman related? Albert’s family lived in Orpington.

Albert was in my class at school he unfortunately passed away a few years ago.
    The Hillmans involved with Cray Wanderers are not close relative's of Alberts.
  • Options
    As a 'nipper' I grew up in Orpington and the 'Wands' old ground at Grassmere was just down the road from me, so naturally I went to watch them before I 'graduated' to Charlton. Saw some memorable matches there in the old Metropolitan league against Arsenal, Spurs and West Ham who had teams in that league. Very pleased they are on the up and will have a new home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Isn't there a strippers now at Flamingo Park too? That'll be Saturday's sorted for you ;-)
  • Options

Isn't there a strippers now at Flamingo Park too? That'll be Saturday's sorted for you ;-)
    I would say that makes Cray more threat than Ebbsfleet was ever going to be

That’s my unofficial boycott sealed right there

Up the cray
  • Options
    The current building (which I’m told houses the strippers bar) is being torn down as part of the plans.
  • Options
    Good luck to them
  • Options

Good luck to them

The strippers?
    I thought they were the Wands but whatever their nickname is, good luck.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Albert passed away a few years back sadly.

You must have been useful because Albert was no mug and fought at British title level.

• Options

Good luck to them

The strippers?
    I thought they were the Wands but whatever their nickname is, good luck.
    I could tell you a story about a stripper and a wand but best not to on here.
  • Options
    Fantastic news about time too. Many a happy memory from watching them as a kid too playing for them over the years.

Well done Gary you never gave up and got your reward.

YOU WANDS!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

masicat said:

You must have been useful because Albert was no mug and fought at British title level.

Ask Ade Edmondson about the ‘Mauling Masicat’ :-)
  • Options
    Number one team at Hayes Lane
  • Options
    This is brilliant news, the place has been a dump for years ever since the NDLB left.
    I played cricket there against Roy Dwight back in the early 80’s.
  • Options
    Their old ground at Oxford Rd is still there (my daughter goes to Brownies at the hut next door) and in use. I think they had to move out because they needed to install floodlights. I saw us play them there in a Friendly around 85.
  • Options
    Is Mr Mann still involved down there?
  • Options

Their old ground at Oxford Rd is still there (my daughter goes to Brownies at the hut next door) and in use. I think they had to move out because they needed to install floodlights. I saw us play them there in a Friendly around 85.

Played there for CIFC against the Millwall fans, scored one of the best goals of my life and did my ankle ligaments (as the defender tried to block the shot) all at the same time. Think we also played the Arsenal fans there one too, though on the back pitch rather than the main pitch.
  • Options
    I am a bit preturbed about those plans. I have studied them and at no point can i see a trench!

Will people never learn from Rolands innovations?

Good luck to them btw.
  • Options
    Living in Sidcup I often pass the old sign on Sidcup hill/Oxford road ' Cray wanderers the
    second oldest football club in England '

Hope it turns out well for them.
  • Options
    DFS just down the road, sofas on all 4 corners .
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

masicat said:

I wish I could say I was, but I wasn’t. I fought him at a very young age and he stopped me in about 30 seconds. I went to that fight at The Albert Hall in 1977 against Jimmy Batten. Batten went on to fight Roberto Duran. My claim to fame has always been that I was that close to Roberto Duran. Batten also fought Jimmy Cable. The Cables and the Hillmans were all at our boxing club in Orpington. Training was always tough and getting in the ring with one of the Cables , or Albert , wasn’t much fun.