Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are modern acronyms passing you by?

2»

Comments

• Options
    N O Y F L
  • Options
    Latest OED update just released. IIRC and others now in the official language. (Off topic, but so are budgie smugglers!) public.oed.com/the-oed-today/recent-updates-to-the-oed/june-2016-update/new-words-list-june-2016/
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Latest OED update just released. IIRC and others now in the official language. (Off topic, but so are budgie smugglers!) public.oed.com/the-oed-today/recent-updates-to-the-oed/june-2016-update/new-words-list-june-2016/

Really pleased to see 'bish-bash-bosh' and 'Lord of Erection' included this year. I've been campaigning for them for a long time.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

You're all getting bae wrong. It's basically the word "babe". Or, it sometimes (but infrequently) can stand for Before Anyone Else - but the acronym is now basically archaic (lol).

It also means shit in Danish.

"A2M" is not a thing, unless you mean "ATM" which is "at the moment" (or indeed "automated teller machine"). Or, unless you mean alpha-2-Macroglobulin, which is a large plasma protein as found in blood.

TL;DR means too long didn't read.

"ATM" is "any time money"
  • Options
    ATM is Automated Teller Machine isn't it?
  • Options
    Nope, it is an ATM machine.

Any Time Money machine
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

BAE?
    IIRC?
    TLDR?
    A2M?

I don't know what any of the above mean? There are literally hundreds of these I don't get.

I don't know what any of those mean either

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Just googled it because I didn't believe you and it turns out I am correct. ATM when referring to a cash machine is an automated teller machine.

I have never heard of "any time money" so I had to check.

Unless you meant this:
  • Options
    Wait... So it's not an ass-to-mouth machine?

It appears I may have got my wires crossed in this thread a bit.