Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The ITV curse

It was going around most newspapers in 2014, England are historically bad at major tournaments when their games are shown on ITV.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2662434/Will-curse-ITV-strike-England-Uruguay.html

Euro 2016:

Russia, Slovakia and Iceland shown on ITV - DDL.
Wales shown on BBC - W.

Are England really cursed by ITV or is there something more sinister going on?

Comments

• Options
    Coincidence plus they show more England games than The BBC in tournaments.
  • Options
    It's all Andy Townsend's fault!
  • Options
    Weve got a great record when Robbie Savage commentates but if he was to be our good luck charm and became our commentator then I would honestly change nationality in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    Still better than the BBC
  • Options
    Only good thing about ITV is Lothar Matthaus
  • Options

Only good thing about ITV is Loose Women

• Options
    England need to wear the proper England kit a la 1966. Red Shirts, White Shorts, Red Socks.

This year we had a hideous two-tone red kit with blue trim and blue socks that looked like it was designed by a mentally deficient stripy nigel and a white kit with powderpuff blue shoulders and red socks. How can we possibly expect to win wearing 'kin abominations like that and not our proper colours.
  • Options
    I can't recall us winning a tournament game on ITV. I truly believe there's something in it.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Matches we didnt lose on the TV

In 2016, BBC had Wales (W)
    In 2012, BBC had Sweden (W) / ITV had Ukraine (W)
    In 2010, BBC had Slovenia (W)
    In 2006, ITV had Trinidad & Tobago (W)
    In 2004, ITV had Switzerland (W) / BBC had Croatia (W)

So in the last six tournaments: ITV... 3-wins - BBC... 5-wins

I'm going to say that BBC had England v Ecuador as can only find a site that says BBC had first pick of the 2nd Round matches that year
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has Shay Given got anything to say on this?