Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Woman to give birth to own grandchild

Comments

• Options
    Wrong. Very wrong.

Probably be a good swimmer though #webbedfeetandhands
  • Options
    Seems OK to me
  • Options
    Don't see the problem
  • Options
    Hybrid. And just wrong.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with it but im not sure a 60 year olds body is built for pregnancy?
  • Options
    Things like this happen in South Bermondsey on a regular basis.

It's usually 'woman to give birth to her own niece or newphew' but anything is possible there.
  • Options

Nothing wrong with it but im not sure a 60 year olds body is built for pregnancy?

That is assuming she gets pregnant straight away, if it is IVF that can take years. Might be 65 by the time she gives birth. That'd be tough
  • Options
    If its the same story I just heard on the radio. She lost her daughter to bowel cancer who been advised that even had she survived she would not have had children due to the treatment. Therefore eggs were removed prior to treatment and death. Puts a bit a bit of a twist to the story. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    art for art sake, science for science sake .... scientists are very clever and very inquisitive people .. to my mind this is a step too far .. I feel very sorry for the dead lady's mum, but this is just sentimentality gone over the top
  • Options
    Norwood's Finest!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Not for me to judge. Thoughts go out to her though. Life can be really shit sometimes.
  • Options
    I think it's a bit selfish myself.

No real dad, mum in 60s, its not ideal and could I think be avoided.

Wouldn't it be better to have parents who are who have fertility issues and need the eggs but who are prepared to have the grandoarents involved in the upbringing?

Seems to me an improvement.

• Options
    I wouldn't say it's selfish, but foolish definitely.

A 60 year old woman, who will potentially miscarry that baby and will likely only be alive for 20 years of the child's life should it survive the pregnancy just isn't fair...

Surely she has some other relative/close friend that would do it? One that could be around for as long as a mum should be?

Someone of sensible age to give birth that can offer a better chance and hopefully a longer life to support the resulting baby is the better option.

I just have no idea if that can be done? Don't know anything about surrogacy.

• Options
    Fair enough. I meant insisting on having the VIF as a 60 year old was a bit selfish. I mean who does it benefit other than the grandmother/mother?
  • Options

I think it's a bit selfish myself.

No real dad, mum in 60s, its not ideal and could I think be avoided.

Wouldn't it be better to have parents who are who have fertility issues and need the eggs but who are prepared to have the grandoarents involved in the upbringing?

Seems to me an improvement.

Spot on.

What kind of person ensures their child will have no parents by the age of 15.