Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Updated Squad List - 1 July 2016

2»

Comments

• Options
    Pre-season about to kick off, and only three new strikers in so far. With the fee already out, and JBG about to join them it looks as though that we will have an under strength squad for the start of the season. Again!

Unless Slade can work a miracle. But then that depends on what sort of budget the incompetent one has given him.
  • Options
    Simon E said:

Pre-season about to kick off, and only three new strikers in so far. With the fee already out, and JBG about to join them it looks as though that we will have an under strength squad for the start of the season. Again!

Unless Slade can work a miracle. But then that depends on what sort of budget the incompetent one has given him.

I think that's harsh, it's July 9th. There's still 7 weeks of the window to go. There is a knock-on effect with the Euros, as deals even at our level are less frequently done during big tournaments. If this is our squad in September, well, I'll be quite happy with all the talent we've kept, but will agree on the forwards.

Judge it in month's time, and if, like last year, we're short on depth that I will complain right along with you.
  • Options
    Well, Ajose seemed to hit the ground running, even if he did look a little on the hefty side in the club's Youtube video (although they say the camera adds how many pounds?).
  • Options

Well, Ajose seemed to hit the ground running, even if he did look a little on the hefty side in the club's Youtube video (although they say the camera adds how many pounds?).

In my case about 14.
  • Options

In my case about 14.
    And the rest! :wink:
  • Options

Nicholas said:

We have needed a decent attacking centre mid for a few year now. Lets hope Slade lets the scum in charge know we need one.

I imagined Novak will fill that role rather than be played as an out and out forward?

Nicholas said:

We have needed a decent attacking centre mid for a few year now. Lets hope Slade lets the scum in charge know we need one.

I imagined Novak will fill that role rather than be played as an out and out forward?
    Novak is definitely not a Midfielder and in my opinion not a winger either.

Either orthodox centre forward or playing just-off a main striker. Looks good when 'cutting-inside'.

Got a thunderbolt of a shot on him.

My opinion to play him 'just-off' a main Striker in a sort-of front two pairing. I reckon he will get you between 15-18 goals this season.

As stated previously, don't think Simon Church, not fair on Novak.

If as I suspect you have a good season, Novak will be part of that and be a firm fans favourite due to his never say die attitude and 100% commitment. There is no such thing as that ball being allowed to run dead behind the other Teams goal-line when he is on the pitch.

A good, honest Player and I would still have him at Town now.

Cheers, either way I was pleased when we signed him always looked a threat vs us.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Simon E said:

I think that's harsh, it's July 9th. There's still 7 weeks of the window to go. There is a knock-on effect with the Euros, as deals even at our level are less frequently done during big tournaments. If this is our squad in September, well, I'll be quite happy with all the talent we've kept, but will agree on the forwards.

Judge it in month's time, and if, like last year, we're short on depth that I will complain right along with you.
    Well, we should always hope I guess, but hope over experience? At present we have only 13 non injured outfield players with first team experience, leaving aside the ones who are on their way out. There is a big gap in central midfield and in central defence. In previous years under this regime we have been in the same place at this stage and they have failed to overcome the deficit before the season started. Good teams are usually assembled before season kickoff, not at the end of the transfer window. Sadly, and despite Slade, I fear we are in for more of the same this season, an under strength, under cooked team.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

22 professionals not including the U21s

Thanks to @Scoham for checking the details. All errors mine.

Name - year contract expires.

Contracts expire on 30th June.

Goalkeepers

Marko Dmitrovic - 2017
    Stephen Henderson 2017
    Nick Pope 2018

Right Backs

Chris Solly 2020

Centre Backs

Roger Johnson 2017
    Harry Lennon 2018
    Patrick Bauer 2019
    Naby Sarr 2020 (On loan to Red Star Paris for season)
    Jorge Texieria 2020

Left Backs

Morgan Fox 2018
    Tareiq Holmes-Dennis 2018

Right Midfielders

Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson 2019
    Ricky Holmes 2018

Central Midfielders

Alou Diarra - 2017
    Johnnie Jackson 2017
    El-Hadji Ba 2018
    Ahmed Kashi 2018
    Jordan Cousins 2019

Left Midfielders

Callum Harriott - 2017
    Cristian Ceballos 2018
    Zakarya Bergdich 2019

Strikers

Karlan Ahearne-Grant 2017 plus 1 year option
    George Tucudean 2017 (contract terminated)
    Tony Watt 2018
    Igor Vetokele 2019 (on loan on to Zulte Waregem for season)
    Ademola Lookman 2020
    Lee Novak 2019
    Nicky Ajose 2019

U21 Development Squad

Goalkeepers

Dimitar Mitov 2017 plus one year option
    Jordan Beeney 2018 (had heard he signed a 2 year scholarship and 2 year pro deal)
    Dillon Phillips - 2018

Right Backs

Aaron Barnes 2017

Centre Backs

Daniel Bowry 2017
    Terell Thomas 2017
    Ezri Konsa Undisclosed "Long Term" (2019 estimated, signed December 2015)
    Kenneth Yao Undisclosed "Long Term" (2019 estimated, signed January 2016)

Left Backs

Archie Edwards 2018

Central Midfielders

Joe Aribo 2017
    Chris Millar - 2017
    Anfernee Dijksteel 2017
    Oliver Muldoon 2017
    Regan Charles-Cook Undisclosed "Long Term" (2019 estimated, signed December 2015)
    George Lapslie 2019

Strikers

Brandon Hanlan 2018
    Mikhail Kennedy 2018
    Josh Umerah 2018
    Louis-Michel Yamfam 2018 (Signed from Stevenage)
  • Options
    Solly's contract :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    22 professionals not including the U21s

JBG set to leave next week and Kashi out long term leaves 20 players

Speculation about Watt and Pope. Diarra also injured.

Thin, thin squad
  • Options
    We need at least 4 new players ; can't see them coming under this lot
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

O'Hara, Crofts, Foley, Buxton, Sonupe?
  • Options
    Pope
    Solly, Buxton, Texieria, Fox
    Holmes, Crofts, Ba, Harriott
    Novak, Ajose

Meh, scrappy 1-1 v Bury
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Good to see there are no real concerns about Contracts for next season.

i.e. Jackson will surely get another one year extension until he retires (same with Diarra unless he wants to move back to France or retire)... Ahearne-Grant will no doubt trigger an extension whilst I reckon if Harriott is still with us come September he'll sign a new Contract too
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

O'Hara, Crofts, Foley, Buxton, Sonupe?
    Brimming with excitement
  • Options

Pope
    Novak, Ajose

Meh, scrappy 1-1 v Bury

Pope
    Solly, Bauer, Lennon, Fox
    Holmes, Crofts, O'Hara,
    Lookman, Novak, Ajose

2 -1 win at Bury

• Options

Pope
    Novak, Ajose

Meh, scrappy 1-1 v Bury

Pope
    Holmes, Crofts, O'Hara,
    Lookman, Novak, Ajose

2 -1 win at Bury

You reckon that centre back pairing will be fit and ready to go by then?

Ajose wide of a three? Surely better down the middle with his scoring record.
  • Options

Pope
    Novak, Ajose

Meh, scrappy 1-1 v Bury

Pope
    Holmes, Crofts, O'Hara,
    Lookman, Novak, Ajose

2 -1 win at Bury

You reckon that centre back pairing will be fit and ready to go by then?

Ajose wide of a three? Surely better down the middle with his scoring record.
    Won't bet on any Charlton player's fitness but I'd guess yes.

All out attack by Slade
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!