Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Late night drinking near Waterloo?

I've got a plane to catch from Stansted at 0630 on Thursday, and a coach from Waterloo at 3am.. Does anyone know of any late night boozers around there? It's probably going to be pissing it down and I don't want to be loitering by Waterloo for 3 hours with my mate after the pubs close.

I seem to remember Carriage 34 on Lower Marsh was open till 4 most mornings... But that's now closed after a murder. www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/8040

Everywhere on The Cut, near Southwark, seems to close at about 12 if I remember rightly, as do the pubs near the Eye. Ditto Fire Station.

Comments

• Options
    Why not drink at your local, then home then go to Waterloo in time for your coach?
  • Options
    Coupla good brass houses up there, Lucky
  • Options

Why not drink at your local, then home then go to Waterloo in time for your coach?

That's looking the most likely option, probably staying local (or even indoors) and heading out as late as we can push it.

The problem is the time of the coach; 3am means getting a taxi or one of the first nightbuses (from Bromley) - or the last train which would leave us in the same mess.

Having a bit of a mare, and already getting aggro for being a poor organiser..! ;)
  • Options

Coupla good brass houses up there, Lucky

Why didn't you say that before I booked the flights?!
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

That's looking the most likely option, probably staying local (or even indoors) and heading out as late as we can push it.

The problem is the time of the coach; 3am means getting a taxi or one of the first nightbuses (from Bromley) - or the last train which would leave us in the same mess.

Having a bit of a mare, and already getting aggro for being a poor organiser..! ;)
    Hmm. Boozer by Charing Cross / Strand Covent Garden and walk over Hungerford Bridge?
  • Options
    Couldn't you just go to Stansted earlier, and sleep/drink there?
  • Options
    2 pubs at Stanstead, one of them a Weatherspoons. Not sure opening times though.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Spoons at Stansted is a 0400 opener I think.

It's weird as when I worked off Lower Marsh I can remember getting back at 4 or so in the morning of a week night, quite often too.

As wheresmeticket? suggests, I'm even open to casting the net wider. I just want to be able to relax relatively close by.
  • Options
    Are there lounges at stansted pay a few quid and get in one there mate