Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Traffic lights

2»

Comments

• Options
    These are the worst bastards - in Canary Wharf.

• Options

or more appropriately f ing traffic lights!

I don't know about you but it doesn't matter what direction I'm travelling in. north,south,east or west. what type of road I'm on a or b, what time of day, morning, noon, night or early hours of the morning. I can guarantee they'll always be f ing red!

even the pedestrian lights, the other night at 1.30am, bleeding, red. who needs pedestrian lights at that time of the morn, no one was crossing.

you'd think with 3 colours, there'd be at least a 33.3% of getting amber or green but nope, not me, always f ing red!

Sillav, get yerself a bike. You don't have to worry then :-)
    good point and good idea.
  • Options
    County Leitrim in Ireland is the size of Greater London and got its first set of traffic lights in 2003. Don't think many more have been added.

• Options

I rode all the way home from work last night - around 30mins - without hitting a single red light, it was great.

Sadly it did piss down for the entire journey though.

I hope this news cheers you up.

thanks for cheering me up.
  • Options
    Takes us from being trainspotters to a whole new level :0)
  • Options
    There may be three colours on set of traffic lights but there are only two actions required - go and stop.

You don't "go" unless the green light is on and everything else means stop.

And than goes for cyclists too.
  • Options
    Three way temporary lights at road works are a laugh.
  • Options
    If you've driven in the US you'll know that they tend to set the time on each phase to be much longer than ours so if you get a red light you are likely to be there for some time.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Hex said:

If you've driven in the US you'll know that they tend to set the time on each phase to be much longer than ours so if you get a red light you are likely to be there for some time.

Yeah I notice that when your waiting to cross the road anywhere outside of England.

If you get a Green Light letting you cross then dont dither because if you miss it then your guaranteed to lose another 10mins of your life
  • Options
    Jump the lights geeza
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big_Bob said:

Jump the lights geeza

most cyclists do, b'stards!
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

These aren't legitimately a thing though right? I thought it was a sculpture.
  • Options

cafcfan said:

These aren't legitimately a thing though right? I thought it was a sculpture.
    Yeah it is just a sculpture... Took me three hours of being stuck at one of the red lights before realising the other week
  • Options

or more appropriately f ing traffic lights!

I don't know about you but it doesn't matter what direction I'm travelling in. north,south,east or west. what type of road I'm on a or b, what time of day, morning, noon, night or early hours of the morning. I can guarantee they'll always be f ing red!

even the pedestrian lights, the other night at 1.30am, bleeding, red. who needs pedestrian lights at that time of the morn, no one was crossing.

you'd think with 3 colours, there'd be at least a 33.3% of getting amber or green but nope, not me, always f ing red!

Sillav, get yerself a bike. You don't have to worry then :-)
    Unless it's a tandem, and the bloke in front of you has terrible, consistent flatulence, like the person in front of Man at Millets!
  • Options
    I love you too ARTHUR...