Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Betting - Winnings

Won £60 with Bale scoring the third goal for Wales. Free sky bet £10 at 6-1. For a first time (and cautious) better I'm very happy!☺ Please post your best successes.

Comments

• Options
    A horse called Flash Imp which won the Cesarewitch in 1973. I got odds of 33-1 and haven't bet on a horse off-course since!
  • Options
    15 correct football results in Nov 1991, six weeks after my 18th birthday.

12,000-1 to a 5p stake = £600
  • Options
    Lifetime banning myself from Betfair and closing my betting accounts down 3.5 years ago -saved a small fortune and some
  • Options
    Won £2,600 back in 1991 when I got 4 out of 5 winners on a 20p Yankee.

Webster and Mills - both 40-1 first goal scorers.

• Options
    2150/1 5-fold on the gee-gees is my best to date
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Most I've ever picked up was just over 4K on the horses 3 years ago.

Most on a football accumulator was £1230.

On a first goalscorer £20 on Gary Rowett first goal scorer in the 2nd half @40/1.
  • Options
    £25 e/w at 12's for us to win League One in season 2011/2012
  • Options
    Had a few 40/1 and 50/1 bets. Won £425 on Spain v Turkey with Morata to score first and Spain to win 3-0. £12.50 @33/1 so £425 return. My girlfriend picked the bet, so she has some uses
  • Options
    All those successful bets - it's a wonder there are any bookies left in business... :wink:
  • Options

All those successful bets - it's a wonder there are any bookies left in business... :wink:

Yeah well, he didn't ask for losses. Maybe he should have! It would be illuminating (for us and them) to ask people to post up their accumulated losses each year.

Me, I go to the gee-gees maybe once a year. Set myself a maximum bet per race, usually a tenner and just treat it as the costs of a day out. It means I lose £60 per meeting!

But I also see buying shares as gambling. I've had some terrible loses on that! But not only am I way up overall I get the dividends and don't lose all the money before bailing out. (Well, not often.) My best "bets" (both still active) were £7k now worth £53.8k and £1.5k now worth £17k.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2016
    My biggest ever win was five years ago on the horses, a Buick/Dettori ante post double netted me just over £6,100 for a £10 wager .. BUT over the years like most 'gamblers' I am slightly down .. the enjoyment far outweighs the 'pain' of losing as I never wager more than I know that I can afford to lose

EDIT: Incidentally, this was an online bet .. 2 hours after the win and my withdrawal of funds, the bookie concerned closed my account ... but far too late for them of course (:>)
  • Options
    Had a vivid dream the night before the game.

Couldnt forget about it all day so put £10 on Spurs beating Inter Milan 3-1 with van der Vaart scoring 1st (the 'Taxi for Maicon' game) in the CL at 50/1. Pavlyuchenko scored the 3rd in the 89th minute. My heart nearly stopped in injury time when Bale put him through again.

Dont think I've won anything since apart from the odd £50-60 here and there.
  • Options

My biggest ever win was five years ago on the horses, a Buick/Dettori ante post double netted me just over £6,100 for a £10 wager .. BUT over the years like most 'gamblers' I am slightly down .. the enjoyment far outweighs the 'pain' of losing as I never wager more than I know that I can afford to lose

EDIT: Incidentally, this was an online bet .. 2 hours after the win and my withdrawal of funds, the bookie concerned closed my account ... but far too late for them of course (:>)

Exactly right Lincs. For me it's just a bit of interest. Only bet what I can afford to lose and never ever chase a win to cover a loss.