Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyone know how to un-freeze an iphone?

Whilst browsing the web, my screen froze up on me, so I simply pressed the button on the top, to close the screen down. It's now blank, but the phone is still on. If anyone calls me, it rings, but I can't answer it and neither can I read my messages. With any other phone, I'd simply pop the battery out, but Apple (in their wisdom) make this impossible to do.

Anyone got any idea how I can solve this?

It's a 4s by the way...........

Comments

• When this happens to my Sony I have to press down on the volume button whilst pressing the power off button. It acts like a hard reset.
  • Try holding down the home button and the sleep/wake (top) button simultaneously for about 10 seconds. The phone should restart.
  • Hold the menu and power button together for approximately 10 seconds and it should restart.
  • Yep. Holding those buttons down did the trick. Thanks @Rufus_Ambition & @SurvivaloftheFittest :smile:
  • edited June 2016
    Drat....I was going to suggest standing on one leg whilst putting your finger in your ear and singing Agadoo three times. That's a technology solution that is rarely used nowadays but works every time for me ;0)
  • edited June 2016
    Time for an upgrade. In fact it was time for an upgrade years ago :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• As there is no transfer activity or anything worth worrying about, I find the comment from CAFCsayer offensive ! He is obviously an OUT Nazi ! Thereby showing himself to be either an old person, or a stupid one ! (According to the Guardian).
  • iphone related query if anyone can help out at all would be massively appreciated.

so dropped my phone on monday had a backup last night to i cloud all went through fine,

new phone came today old one taken away by couries,

gone to set it up back up doesnt show when i select the option backup from icloud.

i set up as a new phone, once im through i go onto my icloud settings and i can see the backup from last night 9.8gb, how do i get that back up on to my phone. have tried all sorts and i really am trying to avoid visiting the poxy apple store.
  • Defrost in microwave

I came here to say this... as you were.
  • Defrost in microwave

I came here to say this... as you were.
    This :smile:
  • No expert, but leave it on the draining board for a day, works with a pork chop

You wanna get those chops in a bowl of water, they'll defrost much faster.
  • Charlton Life has everything you could ever need. At the weekend I was at Le Mans and my mate's iphone froze up - if only I'd know the solution was to be found here!
  • As there is no transfer activity or anything worth worrying about, I find the comment from CAFCsayer offensive ! He is obviously an OUT Nazi ! Thereby showing himself to be either an old person, or a stupid one ! (According to the Guardian).

That's desperately unfair....

I think that you misunderstood the Guardian, it's old and stupid.
  • iphone related query if anyone can help out at all would be massively appreciated.

so dropped my phone on monday had a backup last night to i cloud all went through fine,

new phone came today old one taken away by couries,

gone to set it up back up doesnt show when i select the option backup from icloud.

i set up as a new phone, once im through i go onto my icloud settings and i can see the backup from last night 9.8gb, how do i get that back up on to my phone. have tried all sorts and i really am trying to avoid visiting the poxy apple store.

This help?
    https://support.apple.com/kb/ph12521?locale=en_GB
  • Should have given you the open if you set it up through iTunes though?
  • Sponsored links:

• bascially what it was was the ihpone that ee supplied me with had ios 8 on it and my backup was done on latest software so i had to get the handset with the new ios software then restore and it worked a treat.