Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• At the 2016 European Championships in France there are 556 players within the 24 participating nations of 23-man squads. 555 of them are not representing Charlton Athletic. The one that does, however, is doing his current employers proud so far

won't be here next season
  • I lost my sweep on how long it'd take someone to declare that. I had < 2 minutes after the link was posted.
  • edited June 2016
    Clever by Charlton, publish a pointless story that no one gives a monkeys about but at the same time getting JBG noticed that little bit more in the hope to get that little extra wonga when they sell him.

Or I could be over thinking it all and blowing any story the club come up with out of proportion, but this has what the club has made me and many others become. Sad really.
  • hahaha thats quality.
  • Lol, was that supposed to be an early morning stroll, those crowds are ridiculous.
  • liamhappe said:
    He's certainly doing a lot of good defensive work for Iceland. Other than the cross for the goal, and the missed chance, JBG has hardly been seen in attacking areas
  • I want to know what the reporter asked him.
  • He said 'do you think you could throw my microphone in the lake?'
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:

I want to know what the reporter asked him.

If he thought he was ready for the game.

That'll learn him.
  • edited June 2016
    He really is a slimy weasel. I can't actually remember despising a footballer as much as him. His brat attacks are embarrassing.
  • CRonaldo hasn't done himself any favours at this tournament.

YES you are an awesome player
    YES you are the best player in your country and one of the best of all time
    YES you are surrounded by a mixture of rubbish and decent players

But you need to be a leader and play as part of a team.

He alone has had more shots on goal than lots of teams have. He is a greedy, petulant, spoiled brat.
  • Curb_It said:

I want to know what the reporter asked him.

"Is it true Sheff Utd are going to come good this season" :smile:
  • edited June 2016
    I'd just started to like him to be honest with you; I'd began to get the impression that he was a pretty decent chap and his antics during play were just.. well, him playing.

But no. His interviews have made him look like a grade A tosser, refusing to shake hands with the Icelandic team was also poor. One of my best moments so far has been when his penalty hit the post, and I'll be pretty chuffed if he has a crap performance later too.
  • LuckyReds said:

I'd just started to like him to be honest with you; I'd began to get the impression that he was a pretty decent chap and his antics during play were just.. well, him playing.

But no. His interviews have made him look like a grade A tosser, refusing to shake hands with the Icelandic team was also poor. One of my best moments so far has been when his penalty hit the post, and I'll be pretty chuffed if he has a crap performance later too.

It's written in the stars that we end up playing Portugal on Monday night and come up against Unstoppable Cronaldo. You just know it don't you

• Whilst the guy clearly has a massive ego that needs to be tickled every now and then, he's hardly a horrible person.

He's certainly paid handsomely but his world is completely different to anything we know. Constantly pestered and never left alone in public, I'm sure it eventually wears thin. What he said about Iceland was wrong and he made himself look a tool, but he was obviously frustrated and with so much pressure on his shoulders, he fucked up.

When he retires and the constant limelight begins to fade, he will be a normal bloke that's done well for himself, whereas people like Marcus Bent will always be out and out scumbags.
  • For anyone who says Cristiano is a "horrible person", look up most charitable athlete. He may be a prick at times, but he is one of the best footballers ever and does an awful lot for charities, the community and foundations across the world. Meanwhile, others just sit there fiddling their taxes
  • Iceland 1-0 up against Austria!
  • edited June 2016
    https://youtu.be/LQmNd6z_ox4

Sorry, but people won't forget this in a hurry.