Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nick Drake and Charlton in 1970

Comments

• One of my favourite artists....a tragic figure, but he made some of the most beautiful and poignant music that you will ever hear.

I'm sure it won't take long for the CL community to get to the bottom of this particular mystery!
  • Great pics, I agree with Transpontine and believe it is from Maryon Park
  • Lost his album in transfer between media devices. Influence on many big names. Sad.
  • edited June 2016
    Can we count him as a celebrity fan now?
  • Vincenzo said:

Can we count him as a celebrity fan now?

We lost David Sylvian to the dark side so I think its our turn to choose.
  • Well what a small world, posted my graphic based on Keith Morris's photographs on face book at the weekend as it was Nicks birthday. I was in contact with Keith just before he died about his photographs of Nick, Love Nick's work. Not sure he had any connection with Charlton, he did live in Hampstead for a time with 'friends' Beverley Martin\John Martyn. The photo of the 'guild guitar' is the one he used in one of his album covers that I took at the Nick Drake evening in London 7 years ago, ( originally owned by Eric Clapton).
    Been down to the Thames a few times, cannot really define the area exctly, as I entered a competition about designing a new record on his music called rider of the wheel, used Blackheath area in the end, Would not be surprised with the theory with 'Blow up', the stdio was based around Tamar street, I think that the mystery surrounding Nick is one where few people really knew him, Tragic figure * please note the photos of Nick are Keith's copyright or his estate.