Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Royal Ascot

Any one else in attendance? This is something like my 10th time. Every year to me gets more chavvy. Dressed up drunken low lives everywhere.

Still, I made money so happy. Anyone else have thoughts on this event?

Comments

• Options
    kafka said:

Any one else in attendance? This is something like my 10th time. Every year to me gets more chavvy. Dressed up drunken low lives everywhere.

Still, I made money so happy. Anyone else have thoughts on this event?

Went once about five years ago, never again. Am sure it's more civilised in the stands though, chavsville everywhere else and a nightmare getting a train home.

• Options
    That's me. I'm the Queens Anne enclosure but now on train home. Drunken scum like an dreadful Essex wedding
  • Options
    O'Brien/Coolmore just have far too many goods horse .. racing is getting too predictable .. Coolmore/Qatar/Godolphin/Sheik Mohammed's Family on the flat and Rich Richie/McManus/Mullins over the sticks .. the big events/races are getting almost boring
  • Options
    Used to go Tuesday and Thursday every year back in the nineties but grew to hate it because of the overcrowding and the type of people in attendance. Also vastly overpriced to watch racing from tattersalls.
    Give me Cheltenham any day of the week.
  • Options
    Went ladies day every year for 20 years. Love my horses and seeing the best turn up to challenge each other. But stopped going 10-12 years ago, when it became a beano day out with drunks males and females by 1 o'clock and fighting. Not for me !
  • Options
    Do Glorious Goodwood more refined !
  • Options
    The worse festival of the racing calendar
  • Options
    What a bunch of snobs!
  • Options
    "In the good old days...."

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went last year on the Friday hated it, missed out on this years as just got back from a very heavy 8 days in France.
  • Options
    We went to The Grand National about 10 years ago & that was far worse. Chav City & you even had to be careful not to make eye contact at times.
  • Options
    Well Aintree has always been a bit like an away game at the Den. Ascot was fine, until the Chav,s discovered it.
  • Options
    Not Royal Ascot but I am going on 23rd July - never been to the races before.

Rather than faffing about hiring a driver and a van we've decided to go up in a limo and have fun for the day. Apologies if this renders us into the Chav category but I'm quite looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Not Royal Ascot but I am going on 23rd July - never been to the races before.

Rather than faffing about hiring a driver and a van we've decided to go up in a limo and have fun for the day. Apologies if this renders us into the Chav category but I'm quite looking forward to it.

Renders you into a category, but probably not Chav.