Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BIG BIG match tonight

Comments

• (((BuMp))))

C'mon Belgique!!!
  • viva Italia
  • Yer bastard!!!

I was after the most unpopular thread on CL award and the complimentary 50 LOL's....
  • I want Belgium to squeal and get humiliated in this tournament with a points tally total of 0.

Brent: because the regime won't (don't) like it man.
  • Am currently on hols in Italy, when the second goal went in you could hear the cheers from the town and we are a good five minutes walk out.
  • Indeed, one would need a heart of stone not to have felt one's mood lift a little when the second goal went in.....
  • Italy were CLASSIC Italy. Three centre halves - kicked everything that moved - put their bodies on the line to block everything. Midfield were tireless. Every time Belgium broke, they drew a foul and a yellow card. Clinical in attack. Yet they are a poor side - but just KNOW how to win tournament football matches.
  • supaclive said:

Italy were CLASSIC Italy. Three centre halves - kicked everything that moved - put their bodies on the line to block everything. Midfield were tireless. Every time Belgium broke, they drew a foul and a yellow card. Clinical in attack. Yet they are a poor side - but just KNOW how to win tournament football matches.

Could have been 3-0 if not for a cracking save from Immobile's cracking shot...

I do love a bit of Italy, classic FIFA team, chop players down, spray the ball about nicely, cheeky ball across the front of goal for a smashing volley to finish.
  • Fantastic ! No points, no glory. Sadly, it's the only way to get rid of that clown of manager we have. Fellaini is the top-scorer of this Belgian squad ... can you imagine. By the way ... Wilmots used to play for STVV St-Truiden and one of his children plays for them (-17's I think). Hopefully Wilmots will go and manage some German team in the future.
  • edited June 2016
    I wonder if RD and KM might get some satisfaction out of the defeat by Italy. After all, RD's attempt to reform the JPL from within was treated with hostility and contempt by the rest of the JPL.

As for Wilmots, skywalker, we (Charlton) were ready to take him off your hands, but sadly the deal brokered by one of our fans, Colin, didn't succeed, so we fell back on the ample figure of Russell Slade.

Still, all is not lost. According to Slaven Bilic, you only need a win and a draw. Morgen weer een dag!